Author Topic: ADVICE FOR INJURY  (Read 1542 times)

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
ADVICE FOR INJURY
« on: August 16, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
Hi guys, i was wondering if some of you can help me out.

I have done a cycle in the past just some Sust and Deca and it went well with correct PCT and gained roughly 15lbs by the end. I had very limited side effect and was reasonable happy with what i achieved with this cycle.

Now i have another dilemma - for past couple of years i have had some serious problems with my knee - undergoing a couple of surgeries.
My goals have now changed completely, i was about 225lb at 5ft11 before my knee problems and now cut down to about 210lbs. I am now interested into getting back to playing sports competitively again - mainly soccer in which i had a promising career when i was much younger.

Knee injury is limiting me from training 100% or even running right now. I have had surgery for my ACL, LCL, Meniscus removed and a high tibial osteotomy - so quite a lot of work, currently 1 year since my most recent surgery and i am training everyday with weights, swimming, light boxing and a lot of cycling. However, my knee is constantly sore and in pain after some light impact - i no longer use any anti-inflammatory. Just constant ice and heat right now and a lot of massaging and stretching.

I was wondering what the best compounds would be for someone like me - i am no longer interested in gaining mass but more interested in repair and injury prevention. I was looking at HGH as possible option and aid for repair - any advice and help would be greatly appreciated guys.

My goals would be simply to aid repair and help me get back to running. The pain is often caused by my lack of meniscus and joint surface pain as i also have grade II chondritis - i have no idea what would be the best compounds for helping bring more water around my joints allowing for smoother motion.

List of goals - need limited or very low dosage of substance which aids repair of cartilage.
                 - want a substance which will have very limited side effects.
                 - not interested in a mass gainer.
                 - looking for something i can use longer term to help well into the next decade.

I am now doing my own research on compounds and will list some ideas as i come across them. I hope some of the more knowledgeable guys can put me on the right track with their own ideas.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated guys.

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
Re: ADVICE FOR INJURY
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 07:19:04 AM »
BUMP for some help

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »
Some of my clients that have knee problems, after they simply build more muscle up around the knee they end up feeling much better. I have a female client who has had 4 surgeries on her right knee over the last 5 or so years...when she first came to me she couldn't evn squat 2 inches...now after 6 months she squats full range of motion easily. No AAS for her, but this brings me to my main point.

A lot of the times, knee problems get worse as the muscle around the knee gets weaker and smaller...which is usually brought on because you're protecting the knee. Build up more muscle around the knee and then you have a better feeling more stable knee.

Now, AAS have no healing properties about them...any healing you get from them is simply masking brought on by added water around the joint. However, if you are building extra lean tissue, new tissue around the muscle, then obviously you are helping out the situation.

Last things, direct healing and repairing properties, HGH and IGF...they caN DO THIS...NO AAS can,

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
HGH and lots of physical therapy.

I had an ACL reconstruction 16 months ago and i still do physical therapy drills twice a week.

My knee feels great and i am already squatting and deadlifting decent weight.

FreakfestMD is an Ortho Surgeon, so maybe he can add some info.

8)

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »
HGH and lots of physical therapy.

I had an ACL reconstruction 16 months ago and i still do physical therapy drills twice a week.

My knee feels great and i am already squatting and deadlifting decent weight.

FreakfestMD is an Ortho Surgeon, so maybe he can add some info.

8)

Hey thanks for the replies guys.

To Arnold Jnr thanks for the advice, i agree with everything you say, just to add that my knowledge regarding knee injuries is quite extensive right now.

I have built an enormous amount of muscle back onto my leg after surgery - maybe muscle memory has helped me somewhat. I don't squat anymore but more like the wimpy squats where you get the gym ball behind your back and then hold weights in your hand to squat down.
I also see a top physio every other week and we do a lot of training on a trampoline to get the bounce back into my leg. I train legs twice per week in the gym hitting quads, hamstrings and calves similar to my workouts prior to knee injury (just no heavy squatting now).
Bike riding about 2-3 times a week and then a lot of swimming freestyle involving a lot of kick from the legs as well as explosive squats in the pool and running in the water. I use a ski machine which mimics movements of lateral movements to help my LCL adjust to the injury. Apart from that i usually add about 15-30 mins of isometric contractions just to aid the muscle rebuilding.

Ice and heat 2-3 times everyday and no pain killers.

Only problem is that i am still very young at 24, my first surgery on my knee was at 22 which was a terrible job by the surgeon. Therefore, ACL has be reconstructed twice as well as the other various problems i have mentioned.

Overload if you have any workout or tips on rehab of the knee then please feel free to share, i am most scared about having only 30% of my meniscus left and the fact that if i play sports competitively then odds of arthritis down the line will be very high. I have been given a 50% chance of recovery to competitive sports like boxing and soccer so was just hoping that i can increase those odds using some sort of gear.

I have done some research on HGH and IGF - just wondering on what sort of does you would recommend keeping in mind i am just hoping for recovery and repair time to increase. I am not concerned about the cost and i have a very reliable source.

Thanks again guys.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 05:18:09 PM »
I used GH and IGF after I tore my bicep to help with recovery after it was reattached. Did it help? Who really knows. Not many controlled studies of dose,frequency, duration and what not to determine if these compounds help or not. I like to think it helped though, I was back lifting on upper body a little more than 5 weeks after the surgery. And the Doctor that did my surgery said I healed about 3 weeks faster than most of his patients that had that type surgery. Go to anabolicminds.com and look in their GH/IGF section. Their are a handful of threads that talk about this very subject. Hope this helped.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 07:26:02 AM »
Overload if you have any workout or tips on rehab of the knee then please feel free to share, i am most scared about having only 30% of my meniscus left and the fact that if i play sports competitively then odds of arthritis down the line will be very high. I have been given a 50% chance of recovery to competitive sports like boxing and soccer so was just hoping that i can increase those odds using some sort of gear.

I have several protocols at home, but they are all for ACL rehab. i will post them up tomorrow to give you an idea of what i have done to get back to 100%.

8)

spirospros

• Getbig II
  • train to be your best
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 05:54:50 AM »
what about this

one year ago i cut my chest + shoulder

dr says no gym at all no steroids
but i do mine combos

and until now i have a little pain but i can push weights best,only chest with a little problem

i use deca + hgh (2units for 3months) +high amounts of glucosamine