Author Topic: XM Mandatory Metallica  (Read 4281 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
XM Mandatory Metallica
« on: August 16, 2008, 03:59:40 PM »
XM satellite radio subscribers get ready.  Starting today XM 51's playing nothing but Metallica for the next month in anticipation of the group's new album release.

Mandatory Metallica is an amazing amalgam of the greatest rock band in history. The channel will play music from the entire Metallica catalog, including rare live recordings from the band's personal concert archives, extensive interviews with the band and more. Metallica is one of the most influential and commercially successful heavy metal bands, selling more than 100 million albums world-wide - more than half of which were sold in the U.S.

"Mandatory Metallica" (XM 51) will be available on XM from August 16 through September 30.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: XM Mandatory Metallica
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:01:17 PM »
"So What" might be the most artful and expressive song in American music history.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »
"So What" might be the most artful and expressive song in American music history.

To bad it was a cover from an English band.

Know your roots!
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
The most beautiful English song was the "supercalifragilisticexpi aladocious" track from teh mary Poppins soundtrack.

That shit was tight.

gsacco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »
XM satellite radio subscribers get ready.

why? are XM going to invent a time machine and send metallica back to pre 1988?

Or will they be making an official staement that everything after seek and destroy is wank?

Either way Jeff, surely too white for your particular coon loving tastes?

wha gwon bruv?

EDIT: I cant believe ron has censored the word 'coon', the fuckin sneaky bastard.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 04:06:41 PM »
 :o

Death Magnetic is the upcoming ninth studio album by American heavy metal band Metallica. It is scheduled for release on September 12, 2008 by Warner Bros. Records. The album will be the band's first to feature current bassist Robert Trujillo, and the first to be produced by Rick Rubin.

There will be 5 different ways to get the album when it comes out:

Experience 1:

Beside the free access to "Mission: Metallica" website, marketed as Experience 1 – which includes footage of writing and recording of Death Magnetic, riffs and excerpts from it, exclusive photos and live tracks – three different commercial packages of the album were revealed as "Mission: Metallica Platinum" options, along with an additional collector's edition:

Experience 2:

Digital download of Death Magnetic at 320 kbit/s, ringtones, two live shows, additional 2 hours of exclusive "making of" footage, 250 photos – plus all the above (from Experience 1);

Experience 3:

A physical copy of Death Magnetic CD – plus all the above (from Experiences 1–2);

Experience 4:

A set of Death Magnetic on 5 vinyl LP albums, in a 180-gram box, with 5 individual sleeves, a "Mission: Metallica" lithograph – plus all the above (from Experiences 1–3).

The Box Magnetic – Death Magnetic (Death in a Coffin):

A collector's edition white coffin-shaped box, in three different sizes (M, L, or XL), which includes: the Death Magnetic CD in a special carton box, the additional CD with 10 demos of the songs from the album[29], a DVD of even more "making of" footage not seen on "Mission: Metallica", an exclusive t-shirt with a Death Magnetic logo, a flag, guitar picks, a fold out coffin-shaped poster with the members of Metallica, and a collector's credit card with a code for a free download of a European show in September.
The box set is already available for pre-order in: United Kingdom, Australia, Poland, Finland, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and Sweden.
On July 17, 2008 (2008-07-17), the album's cover art was revealed through the "Mission Metallica" site. The cover features an empty coffin with a black and white design around it (representing iron filings in a magnetic field) with the Metallica logo at the bottom.

[edit] Digital premiere through video games
In an October 2007 (2007-10) interview with the creators of the Rock Band video game, it was stated that Metallica has given rights to MTV Games, the game's publisher, to have the first single off Death Magnetic available for playability on the game before the album's release.[31] The band have since revealed the first album's first single to be "The Day That Never Comes."

On July 14, 2008 (2008-07-14), it was revealed at the Microsoft E3 demonstration, that the entire Death Magnetic album would be made playable for the game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock at the time when the album is released, and later in October, in the new Guitar Hero game, Guitar Hero World Tour.

Album title
On July 16, 2008 (2008-07-16), James Hetfield commented on the album's title:

“ Death Magnetic, at least the title, to me [...] started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business, like Layne Staley and a lot of the people that have died, basically — rock and roll martyrs of sorts. And then it kind of grew from there, Thinking about death… some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away. And the concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about — no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point. "

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »

If XM had any balls they'd make an OI station.
$

gsacco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »
Jeff, if you knew anything about this fucking genere, you would realise that this shite from Metallica wont come anywhere near 'Formation of Damnation' the 2008 release from Testament.

Jesus, piss off and blow Lil fucking Wayne or whatever the sambo is called.

I hope you get murderd by bikers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 04:16:09 PM »
I hope you get murderd by bikers.

funniest thing I've read on getbig in 3 months.

Ironic specific death threats like these make this place worth reading.

gsacco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 04:21:30 PM »
Metallica my ass, fucking Testaments latest pisses them:

The Persecuted Wont Forget

F.E.A.R

Afterlife

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »
Of course my official position here is that I don't feel Metallica to have been good since way back before they even played their first gig (after which they completely sold out only to lose all artistic integrity); of course all in the name of keeping peace with my fellow Getbig contemporaries here; I certainly don't mean to offend your sensitivities fellas. ;D

gsacco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »
Of course my official position here is that I don't feel Metallica to have been good since way back before they even played their first gig (after which they completely sold out only to lose all artistic integrity); of course all in the name of keeping peace with my fellow Getbig contemporaries here; I certainly don't mean to offend your sensitivities here fellas. ;D

Save it Jeff, you have revealed you allegiance to the anti piracy fags of Metallica.

Can we assume you own no bootleg mp3s then? no, no we fucking cant, thus despite the fact that the fag Lars would rape you given half a chance, you choose to give his shitty upcoming CD publicity here?

fuck you.

gsacco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 05:00:34 PM »
hmmm Jeffrey, most odd, most odd indeed.

?

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 05:25:04 PM »
hmmm Jeffrey, most odd, most odd indeed.

?

Team Free Matt C!   ;D

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »
Metallica my ass, fucking Testaments latest pisses them:

no doubt a good band in testament, but master of puppets crushes everything.

no thrash or metal album has as many great songs on one album like master does.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 06:32:25 PM »
no doubt a good band in testament, but master of puppets crushes everything.

no thrash or metal album has as many great songs on one album like master does.
ride the lightening pisses on masters! ::)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »
ride the lightening pisses on masters! ::)

hard decision -another great album.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
metallica has sucked since '92 and this album will be no different.  ive got my hopes up w/ them one too many times

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 07:57:46 PM »
metallica has sucked since '92 and this album will be no different.  ive got my hopes up w/ them one too many times

I know, I have no idea how it'll turn out but at least I'm pulling for them.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 08:12:27 PM »
I know, I have no idea how it'll turn out but at least I'm pulling for them.

well, there is no way possible it could suck worse than st. anger

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 08:45:21 PM »
well, there is no way possible it could suck worse than st. anger

Exactly, and one of the new track names is "The Unforgiven 3" so I think obviously the aim is to go back to where they left off before they completely fell off.    Metallica box sets are cool though, come on now...   ;D