Author Topic: Flexonline Interview With Dennis James & Tony Freeman Talking About the Boards  (Read 826 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
This from:

http://www.flexonline.com/toney_freeman_dennis_james_interview/news/527?page=1

DJ: And I didn't go on the Internet after the show. No comments, no boards. I ain't trying to see no negative bulls--t right now.

TF: You got a lot of love on the boards dog.

DJ: Yeah, but you know how it is with those boards. Some of these fools are gonna say some bulls--t and then ...when you get close to a show that's the last thing you need man. So I stay away from it.

In the interview DJ also says he came in completely carb depleted for the Tampa and that he would be loading for this one.  Here's what Tony Freeman said about what he felt would be his next week's prep for the Europa:

FLEX: OK. Toney, same question. Why do you win the Europa?

TF: I'm kind of on the same path as him. The Tampa was a show for me to get the bodyfat off, which I pretty much did that. This week I get to be a little fuller. I don't have to kill myself as hard as I had to do to get where I had to last week. I'm kind of on the way back up again. I'm ready to go man. I plan on improving every single week up to the O. I started dieting on July 1 with my goal to peak for the Olympia. Everything's going according to plan. I had to kill myself in the first six weeks to allow myself to eat up to the show for the last six weeks.

FLEX: Any closing comments?

TF: I just want to wish Dennis good luck. I want to say this, I've been a fan of Dennis' since before he turned pro. I remember the ad he did when he was down in the track stance, I thought that was one of the greatest pictures I'd ever seen.

DJ: Are you talking about the picture of me racing the Viper?

TF: Yeah! Yeah.

DJ: Get outta here. Yeah. Man, that was my first photo shoot.

TF: I thought that was the coldest ... I mean that was so cold-blooded. Still is.

DJ: That was a cool picture wasn't it? They used that picture on the buses in Florida I heard!

TF: Cold killer. I didn't know who he was but I was like Damn, that joker's got it going on. And I remember in '03 when he got fourth at the Olympia. I was in the fourth row. I was sitting there when you walked out and I was like Wow, look at Dennis up there! I just admire all the top guys. And all the guys that are on their way up. It's just a blessing to be here. Because I left the sport for five years. So I've kind of got a different feeling about the whole game, to be able to come back and be in the mix and be able to win a show when they said I wasn't gonna be a good pro at all. It's just really cool. So I wish you good luck. But don't go too hard though. Don't twist nothing or turn nothing! Because I doggone pulled a muscle in my back doing those quarter turns so hard, I had to go get it rubbed out last night.

DJ: (Laughs).

;D

io856

link doesn't work  ;D

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=811

DJ was on getbig last night after the show

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
BBing is such a great sport that professionals get worked up over what fans have to say on Message Boards.  Thrilling.  Thanks Jeff.