Author Topic: Cnn: Error or caught skewing footage to berate Russia?  (Read 657 times)

warrior_code

• Getbig III
Cnn: Error or caught skewing footage to berate Russia?
« on: August 16, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9854

Russian channel accuses CNN of using misleading war video

■ MOSCOW (MN) - Russian English-language television channel Russia Today has acused the U.S. broadcaster CNN of using the wrong pictures in their coverage of the conflict in South Ossetia. A Russian cameraman says footage of wrecked tanks and ruined buildings, which was purported to have been filmed in the town of Gori, in fact showed the South Ossetian capital Tskhinvali, the RTTV reported on its web site.

Gori was said to be about to fall under the control of the Russian army but the cameraman says the video was actually shot in Tskhinvali, which had been flattened by Georgian shelling.

"When we arrived and news came that Gori was being shelled, I saw my footage. I said: that's not Gori! That's Tskhinvali. I can swear in front of any tribunal. I can point out this location on a map, because I and a cameraman from the channel Rossiya videotaped that," the channel quoted the cameraman as saying.

what do you think?

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Cnn: Error or caught skewing footage to berate Russia?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:32:41 PM »
Don't care, they got the point across, that people are hurting and suffering badly, and those Georgians need help.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Cnn: Error or caught skewing footage to berate Russia?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 12:02:11 AM »
and those Georgians need help.
Then why don't you go and save them, "youandme"?  ::)
!