Author Topic: THE LEAFY BUG at NPC Arkansas State Championships!  (Read 10747 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: THE LEAFY BUG at NPC Arkansas State Championships!
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »
The Democratic Arkansas Gazette acutally did a short interview with me after i came off stage. I don't know if it got in the paper or not but you can see me in this video in some of the clips when they get to the middle weights. You can only see me for like 5 seconds total through the whole clip but im on there. Just click on NPC State Figure and Fitness.

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/videos/2008/aug/16/2686/

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2008, 08:16:43 AM »
U looked good not the problem,u are very tall for middle,and in the end as a lightheavy too,but at least at 190 to 198 you would be noticeably thicker at that weight.someday if u take this very far and do the things needed,  to get there u have to be 220/230 to get even a look at national level ,great structure thats due to your height and shoulder width.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2008, 08:22:14 AM »
The Democratic Arkansas Gazette acutally did a short interview with me after i came off stage. I don't know if it got in the paper or not but you can see me in this video in some of the clips when they get to the middle weights. You can only see me for like 5 seconds total through the whole clip but im on there. Just click on NPC State Figure and Fitness.

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/videos/2008/aug/16/2686/

How did you make such great gains in the offseason?

What was your diet like and how many days did u train a week?

Very impressive, u should be proud

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2008, 08:45:09 AM »
he talks alot of shit and comes across as ignorant sometimes. However, he has a great structure, My opp, and just needs more beef.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2008, 08:55:07 AM »
How did you make such great gains in the offseason?

What was your diet like and how many days did u train a week?

Very impressive, u should be proud
Thanks for the kind words and support everyone. I think the reason why i gained so much was because i was tiny to begin with. Most people who have never trained are about 140-155 at 3% bodyfat. I was always really skinny and small. If i were to cut to 3% before i started training id probably have been 115-120. I was 135-140 lbs throughout highschool and then i gained 70 lbs my freshman year of college. I think that prevented me from making alot of gains because when i dropped back down i was 155 skinny fat. I managed to pull it together last minute though for the state show in 2007 and i weighed in at 146. My body was just so lean that it soaked up all the nutrients. I had friends who bodybuilt and they took me under their wing and kind of showed me the ropes. They always said what made a bodybuilder was the constant building up and cutting down of mass and i think thats true. You make your best gains right after a show when you have been below 5%. Right now my veins are so full they feel like they are going to explode. It is actually kind of painful but things will balance out in a few days. Consistency is the most important thing. I also am a big fan of heavy lifting and staying in the gym no longer then 45 mins. Nice slow reps. Concentrate on the contraction and go as heavy as you can for 4-6 reps.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and support everyone. I think the reason why i gained so much was because i was tiny to begin with. Most people who have never trained are about 140-155 at 3% bodyfat. I was always really skinny and small. If i were to cut to 3% before i started training id probably have been 115-120. I was 135-140 lbs throughout highschool and then i gained 70 lbs my freshman year of college. I think that prevented me from making alot of gains because when i dropped back down i was 155 skinny fat. I managed to pull it together last minute though for the state show in 2007 and i weighed in at 146. My body was just so lean that it soaked up all the nutrients. I had friends who bodybuilt and they took me under their wing and kind of showed me the ropes. They always said what made a bodybuilder was the constant building up and cutting down of mass and i think thats true. You make your best gains right after a show when you have been below 5%. Right now my veins are so full they feel like they are going to explode. It is actually kind of painful but things will balance out in a few days. Consistency is the most important thing. I also am a big fan of heavy lifting and staying in the gym no longer then 45 mins. Nice slow reps. Concentrate on the contraction and go as heavy as you can for 4-6 reps.

You looked good at the show leafy, just that one pic captured a realy millisecond goofy look, and the hair has to go.Great structure.Would you consider...oh I dont know say a 400mg shot of test a week and see where that got you?Seeing as you are natural now I mean.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2008, 10:58:20 AM »
Looked awesome Leafy...in 3-4 years your going to blow those chumps out the water....
Kymou is a hater as usual.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2008, 11:39:02 AM »
you beat those guys in my book. better structure and balance.
It is totally obvious that Leafy is BY FAR the best up there.  The waist is clearly the smallest out of the lot and everything thing is perfectly balanced.   "An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere".

:(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2008, 11:40:17 AM »
Some crazy post show vascularity...
Awesome pic.   

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »

Some of those guys look like they're chemical experiments gone awry. Bitch tits, stretch marks on the abs (the men, not women!), too fat, or whatever.

TLB doesn't look too shabby up there, especially in comparison to the rest of them.

But what is with that mop on his head?!?!? :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2008, 11:46:11 AM »
You looked good at the show leafy, just that one pic captured a realy millisecond goofy look, and the hair has to go.Great structure.Would you consider...oh I dont know say a 400mg shot of test a week and see where that got you?Seeing as you are natural now I mean.
Hair is trademark.  It should stay.

Alex23

« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »

A lot of balding jealousness on here. Good hair are a sign of superiority, especially blond.

Leafy looks like a young matt mendenhall   rising to the highest level.

Moosejay

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2008, 11:55:08 AM »
A lot of balding jealousness on here. Good hair are a sign of superiority, especially blond.

Leafy looks like a young matt mendenhall   rising to the highest level.

correctr...betty than the blad head /goattee look...keep the loaf...and grow a STACHE...Moosejay Approved

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »
looks pretty good... posing is bad and he needs to pull up his posing trunks... they look like they're about to fall off.

Alex23

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
correctr...betty than the blad head /goattee look...keep the loaf...and grow a STACHE...Moosejay Approved

Indeed. The goaty + tatoo has to go.

Leafy represents the pic on the left.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2008, 12:01:18 PM »
"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."   ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."   ;)
Why's he calling me meat? I'm the one driving a Porsche.

8)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »
Why's he calling me meat? I'm the one driving a Porsche.

8)
Touche.  ;D

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »
Great job and awesome vascularity on that after show leg pic.
Why would you change around your training to two-a-days if you gained so much last offseason?

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2008, 12:25:46 PM »
No word on the placing, but here are some pics!

First or dead last...Doesn't matter ...Leafy looks awesome ...He set out to do a show and showed up ,looking great ...Congrats Leafy!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2008, 12:30:37 PM »
It is totally obvious that Leafy is BY FAR the best up there.  The waist is clearly the smallest out of the lot and everything thing is perfectly balanced.   "An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere".

:(
TOO TALL,stood out yes and looked great but due to height and that weight class u turn to side and the thickness needed to be compared to the rest needs to be on someone shorter,much shorter he looked like a giant next to little people,he was outmass in thickness not structure or width he has that he needs overall muscle size ,he'll get it over time .

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Q

Alex23

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
You had the best physique here

Agree

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2008, 02:16:18 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. I will post the score card in time.... whenever i recover. I don't want to relive the moment again. I just want to move on and look deeper into the future and see if i can improve upon what i brought to that show.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2008, 02:31:27 PM »
Looking great Leafy... Mad props to you for bringing the noise.