Author Topic: USS New York  (Read 2241 times)

~weed~

USS New York
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »
USS New York

It was built with 24 tons of scrap steel from the  World  Trade  Center ..

It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions that include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

Steel from the  World  Trade  Center was melted down in a foundry in  Amite, LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds on Sept 9, 2003, 'those big rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence,' recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there. 'It was a spiritual moment for everybody there.'

Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the 'hair on my neck stood up.' 'It had a big meaning to it for all of us,' he said. 'They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back.'

The ship's motto? 'Never Forget'

Please keep this going so everyone can see what we are made of in this country!

~weed~

Re: USS New York
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 03:50:40 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »
Fucking gay.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 04:44:21 AM »
Fucking gay.

Yes, liberal apologists like yourself are more interested in empowering the ideology that causes these mass murders.

Anything non-berating of ones country is offensive to you.

Aren't you Indian too? Why don't you go and live in Kashmir?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:57:19 AM »
Thanks ~weed~.  And good pics
R

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 05:59:16 AM »
Thats a great looking ship!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:28:22 AM »
Pretty cool......

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »
Yes, liberal apologists like yourself are more interested in empowering the ideology that causes these mass murders.

Anything non-berating of ones country is offensive to you.

Aren't you Indian too? Why don't you go and live in Kashmir?

Heres something for you to ponder.

The next time you go to Home Depot, look around and see if you can find ANYTHING that's not made in China. Then when yourealize your search is futile ask yourself, how is it America can build an obtuse war ship with an obsene feel good story attached to it for blindly patriotic tools as yourself but they can't build manufacturing jobs that require someone to put a piece of metal on the end of a stick, like a simple hammer, so he/she can feed his/her family but imports it from China instead? Maufacturing jobs is one reason America was the greatest economic powerhouse in the world.

Then ask yourself, why have we lost hundreds of thousend of jobs in construction, losing jobs in real estate, losing jobs on wall street, losing jobs in retail because of an economy that's going downhill? Then ask yourself why Bush's popularity is in the shitter and congress' popularity is even worse than that?

We don't need anymore stupid war ships that sucks money out of our pockets and puts it in the pockets of the military industrial complex, we have enough I believe.

See, just because I dont wave a flag and cry or get a boner over a war ship with the words "Never Forget" on it doesnt make me pro terrorist .  I much perfer to have a home where the value of it won't go through the floor and jobs so people can feed their families. A new war ship doesnt do either. I'm not gonna let them fool me into thinking this ship makes us great just because they melted steel from the Twin Towers to make it or because they gave it some over used slogan while everything else goes into the crapper. By the way, my handle is just a play on words and has nothing to do with possibly being Indian, I thought you would have figured that out on your own.

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 11:24:50 PM »

By the way, my handle is just a play on words and has nothing to do with possibly being Indian,

Dubai ?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 04:57:26 AM »
Heres something for you to ponder.

The next time you go to Home Depot, look around and see if you can find ANYTHING that's not made in China. Then when yourealize your search is futile ask yourself, how is it America can build an obtuse war ship with an obsene feel good story attached to it for blindly patriotic tools as yourself but they can't build manufacturing jobs that require someone to put a piece of metal on the end of a stick, like a simple hammer, so he/she can feed his/her family but imports it from China instead? Maufacturing jobs is one reason America was the greatest economic powerhouse in the world.

Then ask yourself, why have we lost hundreds of thousend of jobs in construction, losing jobs in real estate, losing jobs on wall street, losing jobs in retail because of an economy that's going downhill? Then ask yourself why Bush's popularity is in the shitter and congress' popularity is even worse than that?

We don't need anymore stupid war ships that sucks money out of our pockets and puts it in the pockets of the military industrial complex, we have enough I believe.

See, just because I dont wave a flag and cry or get a boner over a war ship with the words "Never Forget" on it doesnt make me pro terrorist .  I much perfer to have a home where the value of it won't go through the floor and jobs so people can feed their families. A new war ship doesnt do either. I'm not gonna let them fool me into thinking this ship makes us great just because they melted steel from the Twin Towers to make it or because they gave it some over used slogan while everything else goes into the crapper. By the way, my handle is just a play on words and has nothing to do with possibly being Indian, I thought you would have figured that out on your own.

Importing to China has economic benefits for western nations, that's why it's done - it's now a flat out REQUIREMENT if a nation wishes to stay competitive in the current world economy.

Yes manufacturing brought great wealth to America, but with that wealth came a change in jobs, no longer does the US economy allow manufacturing to be profitable when other countries are going to China and India for production needs. US must follow suite or fall by the wayside.

I agree another ship isn't warranted, but you comment "fucking gay" doesn't imply that's how you feel. I do think the melting of the steel has nice symbolism.

I never said you are pro terrorist. It's your name that makes me think you're Indian.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 09:50:42 AM »
Although I admit this ship looks pretty damn awesome... Lets get over the 9-11 thing now. Tired of hearing about it. It happened, it sucked.... but move on.

Bindare, if you have a house thats value is going thru the floor, you did one of the following things:

1. Bought during the recent investment-in-real-estate craze, and you vastly overpaid.
2. Live in a neighborhood that minorities are moving into, thus bombing prices.

As far as the jobs thing goes....

Let me tell ya, it's not that hard to mearly 'feed your family' in this country. You don't have to make very much to basically get by. In the US, it is hard to get rich, but it it NOT THAT HARD to not be poor. People think they are getting screwed over and underpaid because they can't buy that new boat and big screen and go to Vegas every year. If people didn't put 85% of everything they buy on credit, things wouldn't be that expensive anyway.

Worried about the lack of manufacturing jobs? Thank all the goddamn unions and Democrat social-liberal garbage. No company is going to pay some semi-skilled monkey good money to "put a piece of metal on the end of a stick", when they can get it done in China for what the labor is truely worth.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:07:43 PM »
Although I admit this ship looks pretty damn awesome... Lets get over the 9-11 thing now. Tired of hearing about it. It happened, it sucked.... but move on.

Bindare, if you have a house thats value is going thru the floor, you did one of the following things:

1. Bought during the recent investment-in-real-estate craze, and you vastly overpaid.

As far as the jobs thing goes....

Let me tell ya, it's not that hard to mearly 'feed your family' in this country. You don't have to make very much to basically get by. In the US, it is hard to get rich, but it it NOT THAT HARD to not be poor. People think they are getting screwed over and underpaid because they can't buy that new boat and big screen and go to Vegas every year. If people didn't put 85% of everything they buy on credit, things wouldn't be that expensive anyway.

Worried about the lack of manufacturing jobs? Thank all the goddamn unions and Democrat social-liberal garbage. No company is going to pay some semi-skilled monkey good money to "put a piece of metal on the end of a stick", when they can get it done in China for what the labor is truely worth.

Just curious what you think "getting by' is with a family with 2 or 3 kids and how much money it would take to do that?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »

In many cases Real Estate value is decreasing for other reasons.
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 10:13:45 PM »

true.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 11:02:53 PM »
Just curious what you think "getting by' is with a family with 2 or 3 kids and how much money it would take to do that?

Depends on where you choose to live at bro.

You can 'get by' on 25K if you really have to. However you can't have the SUV and Air Jordans that you want...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 11:11:31 PM »

In many places (like here in Cali) real estate is declining because people can't even borrow enough to buy a house nowdays. In the past few years, the fukking investors come in and bid up the housing markets so that working young families don't have a shot unless they want to sell their soul for 30+ years.

Did anyone else see that news story about four months ago where that guy was losing his home and wanted the government to bail out all the idiots who were getting forclosed on? He was all crying and giving this hard-luck story about losing his home... then it came out that he had NINE HOUSES! All were bought on a payment structure where he paid less than the amount due,.... so that he owed MORE every month.

What is this called? Anyway... Fucck this person and all the types like him that saw housing as a get-rich-quick opportunity. And screw all the whiners who paid 400K for a house four years ago that was worth 150K, and now are snivelling because they can only sell it for 300K now. No one MADE you buy that overpriced property. You bought it because you wanted to flip it in a few years... and you got caught.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 02:18:00 AM »
then it came out that he had NINE HOUSES! All were bought on a payment structure where he paid less than the amount due,.... so that he owed MORE every month.

haha wow
S

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »
So, US with their economic slump, couldn't afford a new one?
You had to recycle?

Cool