Author Topic: ALA & Celltech  (Read 1105 times)

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
ALA & Celltech
« on: August 17, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »
I noticed that when I was young and stupid and bought Celltech, my Jaw used to clench and tighten.  Now I just started ALA <alpha lipoic acid> and my jaw is doing the same. I know Celltech had ALA as well.

Anyone else have this jaw tightening when consuming ALA?
D

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
Re: ALA & Celltech
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 07:16:53 AM »
ALA has been one of the only supps I've taken consistently for over 10 years now and I've never heard of or experienced such a thing.  Very weird. 

I know that it can cause a burning sensation in your throat if not swallowed properly or when it's not capsulated (Cell-Schmek).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: ALA & Celltech
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 08:55:33 AM »
ALA has been one of the only supps I've taken consistently for over 10 years now and I've never heard of or experienced such a thing.  Very weird. 

I know that it can cause a burning sensation in your throat if not swallowed properly or when it's not capsulated (Cell-Schmek).

That doesn't happen (or at least, not to me), if you use the Grape and Lemon-lime flavors of CELL-TECH. Fruit Punch is a different story and the Orange flavor does that ALL THE TIME. That, along with its bitter taste, is why I loathe that particular flavor (unless GNC has the 7-lb jugs marked down to $20  ;D).