Author Topic: Leaks In McCain's Cone Of Silence?  (Read 1801 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Leaks In McCain's Cone Of Silence?
« on: August 17, 2008, 10:50:19 PM »
I must admit that listening to McCain answer Pastor Rick Warren's questions so quickly and glibly last night at the Saddleback Faith Forum made me wonder if he somehow knew them in advance. He was so confident, so concise. But I put the thought aside as unduly paranoid -- that is until a few minutes ago. I was routinely checking my favorite election website fivethirtyeight.com and the webmaster, Nate Silver, referred to a piece in Daily Kos about the whereabouts of John McCain for the first thirty minutes of Senator Obama's interview with Rick Warren. Was he in a cone of silence? Perhaps not.

Daily Kos blogger Furiousxxgeorge wrote at 3:27 pm Pacific time the following blog: Pastor Warren, the host of last night's forum was just on CNN. In an interview with Rick Sanchez the pastor admitted McCain was not even at the Church for the first half hour of the event. This admission comes as a surprise to those of us who watched the event and were told many times that McCain was at the Church and in isolation.

CNN says they talked to McCain's camp and they said no one in his camp was listening. The honor system, are you kidding me?

I think it is pretty clear at this point McCain did indeed know the questions in advance.

If someone can get a video or transcript please post.

Is this a big deal or not? It seems like someone ought to ask both McCain and Warren what really happened. The "truthiness" of this Forum is at stake.

Update: Pastor Warren states that McCain told him he did not "hear" the questions. He was in a motorcade from his hotel to the church, arriving about 30 minutes into the Obama interview hour. McCain did not say whether anyone else on his staff "heard" the questions, however.
by Linda Bergthold
!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Leaks In McCain's Cone Of Silence?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »
but wait the libs on this board swear up and down that he sucked ass last night and now he did so well ppl think he got the questions in advance?  ::) ::) ::) endless eyerolls

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »
but wait the libs on this board swear up and down that he sucked ass last night and now he did so well ppl think he got the questions in advance?  ::) ::) ::) endless eyerolls
Yes, he was listening ahead of time and STILL sucked.
!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:28:43 PM »
Haha knew this was coming.

Obama got knocked out.

I guess the only way to settle this is a re-match.

Live debate town hall format

Oh wait, Obama declined and decided to run away on an overseas trip....

He won't even go on the O'Reilly show, Bill and Hillary Clinton have been on, and they stood their ground.

LMAO

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 11:28:57 PM »
August 18, 2008
Despite Assurances, McCain Wasn’t in a ‘Cone of Silence’
By KATHARINE Q. SEELYE

ORLANDO, Fla. — Senator John McCain was not in a “cone of silence” on Saturday night while his rival, Senator Barack Obama, was being interviewed at the Saddleback Church in California.

Members of the McCain campaign staff, who flew here Sunday from California, said Mr. McCain was in his motorcade on the way to the church as Mr. Obama was being interviewed by the Rev. Rick Warren, the author of the best-selling book “The Purpose Driven Life.”

The matter is of interest because Mr. McCain, who followed Mr. Obama’s hourlong appearance in the forum, was asked virtually the same questions as Mr. Obama. Mr. McCain’s performance was well received, raising speculation among some viewers, especially supporters of Mr. Obama, that he was not as isolated during the Obama interview as Mr. Warren implied.

Nicolle Wallace, a spokeswoman for Mr. McCain, said on Sunday night that Mr. McCain had not heard the broadcast of the event while in his motorcade and heard none of the questions.

“The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous,” Ms. Wallace said.

Before an audience of more than 2,000 people at the church, the candidates answered questions about policy and social issues.

Mr. Warren, the pastor of Saddleback, had assured the audience while he was interviewing Mr. Obama that “we have safely placed Senator McCain in a cone of silence” and that he could not hear the questions.

After Mr. Obama’s interview, he was joined briefly by Mr. McCain, and the candidates shook hands and embraced.

Mr. Warren started by asking Mr. McCain, “Now, my first question: Was the cone of silence comfortable that you were in just now?”

Mr. McCain deadpanned, “I was trying to hear through the wall.”

Interviewed Sunday on CNN, Mr. Warren seemed surprised to learn that Mr. McCain was not in the building during the Obama interview.

Elisabeth Bumiller contributed reporting.
!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 01:06:20 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 03:56:44 AM »
McCain would be an idiot NOT to be cheating.  Of course he was watching the debate in the limo.  If you believe otherwise, you're a stone cold idiot oxygen thief.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:09:00 AM »
some if not all of the questions were taylor made for mccain. "do you want to defeat evil,negotiate with it, something something or something" ......"defeat it  >:("

i hate obama as much as i do with ol' senile but this was a place for evangelic's to get familiar with mccain

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 06:51:58 AM »
Not isolating him was some shady ass shit.

Even the most ardent mccain supporter should agree that a man able to be alone with his team in a limo during the frst 30 minutes of tough live questioning - well aware he'll be asked those same questions an hour later - is going to have an advantage.

If Obama had access to the Qs ahead of time in private with his team, you'd be screaming about what bullshit favortism that was. 

Odd was that mccain played along with the "sequestered" angel by joking about trying to listen thru the wall.  Shady.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 01:40:54 PM »
McCain did well, but in my opinion, Obama did better.  Rightwing bromides and stump answers don't impress me.  Questions of abortion at a church are bound to break the way of the rightwing candidate anyways.  He showed his colors when the question of economics, namely who is rich, came up.

I remember when Bush wore a wire to one of the presidential debates.  At least I think it was a wire, his people never did answer that question adequately.

Since Rove is a McCain advisor, I would think that cheating is not out of the question.

Who's my favorite philosopher?  Jesus Christ!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 06:14:20 PM »
Yep here we go....expect its all bullshit. Obama got stomped, and his idiots are wondering why, so the mention that McCain had to be listening. This gets picked up simultaneously by the nuts at the daily Kos and the Obama shill Andrea Mitchell, who reports its. Except she has ZERO proof. So lte me guess, she's fair and unbiased right. Gimme a break, this is such a violation of journalistic integrity. Now the story is out and every nut and Obama toapolagist is running with it. Give it up, ur guy is a nutless puss and it was proved on saturday. How many evan's was he going pick up anyway...u idiots can't prove a thing. This was started as a rumor, so forget it.
L