Author Topic: Best college running back ever???  (Read 4285 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Best college running back ever???
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:47:42 PM »
there are so many to mention, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, O.J. Simpson, Billy Sims, Earl Campbell but my vote is going to have to go to Barry Sanders, what do you guys think?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Best college running back ever???
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 04:55:16 PM »
stats for 1988......2,628 yards rushing, 39 TD's, 3,249 all purpose yards, 11 games with at least 2 TD's, 4 300 yard rushing games, 625 yards rushing in 2 consecutive games, 1162 yards rushing in 4 consecutive games, 238.9 yards per game rushing average, 11 100 yard rushing games, absolutely incredible.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:01:11 PM »
probably ron dayne
DAWG

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:04:51 PM »
Dayne did have some freaky numbers at Wisconsin, 7,000 career rushing yards.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »
you could definitely throw Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, Ricky Williams and Mike Rozier into the discussion.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »
Best college running back? For one season or over his entire collegiate career?

For one season, it was Barry Sanders of Oklahoma State in 1988, hands down, game over. Shared a backfield with ex-Bill Thurman Thomas. What a backfield!!

Over three or four seasons you could name Ricky Williams of Texas, Ron Dayne of Wisconsin, or Herschel Walker out of Georgia.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
archie griffin  period
DAWG

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 07:37:25 AM »
So many good ones it's hard to call. :-\

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 10:54:17 AM »
Reggie Bush
Ricky Williams

glen13

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »
Mike Hart

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 11:44:30 AM »

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 01:00:33 PM »
Reggie Bush
Ricky Williams
i wouldn't put Bush in there but i agree on Ricky Williams, hell Bush isn't even in the top 5 USC RB's ever let alone college football.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
i wouldn't put Bush in there but i agree on Ricky Williams, hell Bush isn't even in the top 5 USC RB's ever let alone college football.

dude had something like 500 total yards in one game thats super cool

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »
dude had something like 500 total yards in one game thats super cool
that's great but it's one game, i've got Marcus Allen, O.J. Simpson, Charles White, Ricky Bell and Mike Garrett all ahead of Reggie Bush on JUST THE USC LIST, let alone college football in general.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »
that's great but it's one game, i've got Marcus Allen, O.J. Simpson, Charles White, Ricky Bell and Mike Garrett all ahead of Reggie Bush on JUST THE USC LIST, let alone college football in general.

what about the only player to win two heismans
DAWG

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »
Barry was a beast, but Bo was the man... You can easily make a case for Barry though.

The guy was definitely elite.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »

Charles White, Ricky Bell and Mike Garrett all ahead of Reggie Bush?? You're fucking crazy...MA for sure, OJ maybe, but not any of the others.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 11:33:06 PM »

An old friend Anthony Davis was pretty good.  I was a business partner with Mike Garrett for several months before I found out he played football.  He is only 5'7".  I introduced him to Chuck Norris and at the exact same time they both said "I thought you were bigger"  That was funny.  I found out he played football when we had a meeting at BodyGlove and the owner Robbie got all excited and said MIKE GARRETT! man you were my hero.  That is when I found out Mike was a Heisman Trophy winner.  I think he is the Athletic Director at USC still.  A really really nice guy.  He used to also be in charge of the boxing program at The Forum. 

I just never equated Mike with football because he was so small.  I remember one day though he said the only other person he knew bigger than me was Curly Culp.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »
An old friend Anthony Davis was pretty good.  I was a business partner with Mike Garrett for several months before I found out he played football.  He is only 5'7".  I introduced him to Chuck Norris and at the exact same time they both said "I thought you were bigger"  That was funny.  I found out he played football when we had a meeting at BodyGlove and the owner Robbie got all excited and said MIKE GARRETT! man you were my hero.  That is when I found out Mike was a Heisman Trophy winner.  I think he is the Athletic Director at USC still.  A really really nice guy.  He used to also be in charge of the boxing program at The Forum. 

how do you know norris?

I just never equated Mike with football because he was so small.  I remember one day though he said the only other person he knew bigger than me was Curly Culp.
DAWG

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »

I swear on my mother...thats my great uncle...from yuma AZ Curly Culp...he is going to be inducted into the KC chiefs hall of fame...he was only like 6'2 265...but he was an absolute beast...he got added to the all 3-4 defense team...also got best athlete ever from AZ...national champ in wrestling also...man its so cool that someone else knows him.

he had a shit load of money but my grandmother said he lost it because he invested it in cow cloaning back in the 80s...

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »
Best college running back ever???

relative to the league or conference they played, in I'll go with Faulk @ SDSU...

my personal favorite ?....I'd go with Earl or archie although I used to dispise Ohio State !

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »

meant to ask how u know chuck norris
DAWG

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »
meant to ask how u know chuck norris

I've known Chuck since around 1986 or so.  I met him through another stuntman friend I have.   Went to his house in Lemon Heights and also set him up with a short documentary for the United Way where he won an award.  If you see him tell him hi for me he knows me by name.

Actually the pic below is at the Forum Boxing where he asked me to ask Mike Garrett for some tickets.  He met Mike and that i when they said that.  We had dinner with Dr. Buss who owned the Forum and the Lakers  I think this pic was taken at the party afterwards.  I haven't seen Chuck since around 2000 or so

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 12:22:28 AM »
stats for 1988......2,628 yards rushing, 39 TD's, 3,249 all purpose yards, 11 games with at least 2 TD's, 4 300 yard rushing games, 625 yards rushing in 2 consecutive games, 1162 yards rushing in 4 consecutive games, 238.9 yards per game rushing average, 11 100 yard rushing games, absolutely incredible.

Yeah.  Not even close.  Those are PlayStation stats.  He is the most dominant college and best pro RB I've ever seen. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 05:59:50 AM »

Gotta agree here.Bush isn't even in my top 15-20.