Author Topic: Calf shot...WTF?!  (Read 2660 times)

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Calf shot...WTF?!
« on: August 18, 2008, 11:37:59 PM »
well guys, i got the whole "abscess" in my delt problem fixed.  the doc drained and i was good to go.  he just told me to stay away from that delt for a while, so i decided i would try the infamous calf shot.  it def hurt...but not excruciating.  the next day it felt fine..maybe a little sore.  the next day after the shot i flew to nyc and i was doing alot of walking.  two days after the shot my calf hurt like a mother f***.  i shot into the outer (lateral) part of the upper gastroc.  i was walking like a gimp and my calf was a bit swollen and a bit red...and def warm to the touch.  the strangest thing was that my ankle swelled up like a pregnant woman's.  the pain is almost gone now, but my calf is still a bit warm and the ankle is still very swollen.  it almost looks like a sprained ankle.  i only injected 1cc of test 400 into the calf.  i know the stuff is clean because i have had no trouble in my thighs or pecs.  it's just that damn calf.  i was sterile with the shot, just like i always am...so im wondering if this is just a reaction to shooting in a new area, or if it was the combo of shooting in a new area + the t400, or maybe if it was all the walking.  should i see a doc...or just wait it out?  any advice or experience with this?

strength

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Calf shot...WTF?!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:37:09 AM »
2 major problems from this stuff.  Sterility could be borderline by the sound of it.  :-\

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »
no that's not the case...as i said, i have had no infection problems in my chest, thighs, or delts and i am anal with my cleanliness ( new pins every time, always swab site and vial, and always shower beforehand)

strength and honor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:51:37 AM »
i was reading a board on bodybuilding.com and there was another guy who had the same thing happen to him.  said it went away after a bit, although he wasn't walking right for a month.  i can walk fine now, although it was pretty hairy for a few days there, but it still looks like i have cankles because my ankle/upper foot are so damn swollen.  i just want to get some second opinions about this.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 07:02:27 AM »
I've heard a lot of things like this concerning test 400 mg /cc, i believe that the concentration is too strong for most guys and so some "cut it" with sterile oil. Also you might want to keep some basic antibiotics on hand if you have these kind of issues often, you just might be too sensitive...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 07:47:56 AM »
well guys, i got the whole "abscess" in my delt problem fixed.  the doc drained and i was good to go.  he just told me to stay away from that delt for a while, so i decided i would try the infamous calf shot.  it def hurt...but not excruciating.  the next day it felt fine..maybe a little sore.  the next day after the shot i flew to nyc and i was doing alot of walking.  two days after the shot my calf hurt like a mother f***.  i shot into the outer (lateral) part of the upper gastroc.  i was walking like a gimp and my calf was a bit swollen and a bit red...and def warm to the touch.  the strangest thing was that my ankle swelled up like a pregnant woman's.  the pain is almost gone now, but my calf is still a bit warm and the ankle is still very swollen.  it almost looks like a sprained ankle.  i only injected 1cc of test 400 into the calf.  i know the stuff is clean because i have had no trouble in my thighs or pecs.  it's just that damn calf.  i was sterile with the shot, just like i always am...so im wondering if this is just a reaction to shooting in a new area, or if it was the combo of shooting in a new area + the t400, or maybe if it was all the walking.  should i see a doc...or just wait it out?  any advice or experience with this?

strength
my experience with t-400 was it hurt anywhere i pinned

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 08:46:22 AM »
my experience with t-400 was it hurt anywhere i pinned
i did the calf shot one time, just one time. OUCH. not the pinning but the soreness after... holy shit.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
i only injected 1cc of test 400 into the calf. 

That T400 shit hurts like a mofo.

Calf shots always crippled me, so i never did them.

8)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 09:23:33 AM »
what ever happened to glute shots?

and dont chime in about "scar tissue"  ::)

but seriously....why would you ever shoot into your calf in the first place? localized growth is temporary, and you have glutes and quads alone....then delts (or you S & H one delt) to shoot. why the calves, the chest????....stupid..

keep it simple and safe (or as safe as possible)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 10:34:21 AM »
unless your shooting an ungodly amount of gear, as in a pre contest cylcle, i dont think theres any need for exotic site injections,, your glutes will do just fine......

if your holding a good amount of size, triceps, side delts and rear delts..there the only other places id shoot, and only when i needed too

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 08:40:19 AM »
well like me if i am pinning test on sun/tue/thurs and tren on mon/wed/thurs i am going to need alot of places to pin so i rotate and hit everything

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 07:18:28 PM »
well like me if i am pinning test on sun/tue/thurs and tren on mon/wed/thurs i am going to need alot of places to pin so i rotate and hit everything

????

can you explain why you would pin like that?

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 08:09:40 AM »
????

can you explain why you would pin like that?
the reason i pin like that is i don't like to put more than 1cc or oil in a muscle so if i am draeing 2cc at a time of test i am not going to put all of it in one muscle except glutes

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 07:12:31 PM »
the reason i pin like that is i don't like to put more than 1cc or oil in a muscle so if i am draeing 2cc at a time of test i am not going to put all of it in one muscle except glutes

why? i mean...why do you not like to put more than one cc in a muscle other than glutes?

why not shoot the tren and test in your glutes 2 times a week, then take on single shot of tren in either one of your delts or your quads on another day? 

monday: 1cc tren/ 1 cc test ................glute
thursday: 1 cc tren/ 1 cc test..............other glute
saturday: 1 cc tren.............delt, or quad

repeat

just thinking of easier ways for you

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »
why? i mean...why do you not like to put more than one cc in a muscle other than glutes?

why not shoot the tren and test in your glutes 2 times a week, then take on single shot of tren in either one of your delts or your quads on another day? 

monday: 1cc tren/ 1 cc test ................glute
thursday: 1 cc tren/ 1 cc test..............other glute
saturday: 1 cc tren.............delt, or quad

repeat

just thinking of easier ways for you

but iam i shooting more than 1cc of test that would be only 600mg of test i am doing close to 1000

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 08:27:23 AM »
 i also enjoy pinning other parts like chest and tri's

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »
Calf shots are awesome

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 05:16:04 PM »
Calf shots are awesome
different strokes for different folks, most ppl don't do well with calf shots, your lucky you can get away with it, love to be able to use more places
TEAM Nasser

bigjoex

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 02:17:58 PM »
took calf shot once. had that problem. i went to the doctor and he said " it could be due to the substance being inject, or to much shit to inject into a muscle of that size". try it in another spot and you should be ayy okay

MaxG

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »
So... I open this post and start reading though the topic and issue. As I am reading this.. I was thinking that it sounded like the location of the calf shot was fine and should not have been much of a problem until I read.... " i only injected 1cc of test 400 into the calf"  ... WHAT? Holy Sh!t. T400 .. that was brave. I think if you would have tried something with less alcohol in it and you would have been fine. Warning... if you try this again.. try something like 1cc of T250 mixed with 1cc of EQ. Then.. shoot 1cc in left calf and 1cc in right calf. Yes.. they will be sore together.. but your ankle will not look like some pregnant chick with a dozen donuts in her face.

OUCH!!!

Also.. the heat is obviously an infection. Your body is fighting against the amount of alcohol that is in the T400.

4thAD

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »
So... I open this post and start reading though the topic and issue. As I am reading this.. I was thinking that it sounded like the location of the calf shot was fine and should not have been much of a problem until I read.... " i only injected 1cc of test 400 into the calf"  ... WHAT? Holy Sh!t. T400 .. that was brave. I think if you would have tried something with less alcohol in it and you would have been fine. Warning... if you try this again.. try something like 1cc of T250 mixed with 1cc of EQ. Then.. shoot 1cc in left calf and 1cc in right calf. Yes.. they will be sore together.. but your ankle will not look like some pregnant chick with a dozen donuts in her face.

OUCH!!!

Also.. the heat is obviously an infection. Your body is fighting against the amount of alcohol that is in the T400.

Agreed T400 is a notoriously painful shot no matter where you pin.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:12 PM »
Agreed T400 is a notoriously painful shot no matter where you pin.

Depends on who makes it.  I've ran some that's smooth as butter.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »

strength

You've got permanent cankles, nugga!   :D

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »
i did the calf shot one time, just one time. OUCH. not the pinning but the soreness after... holy shit.

I tried a calf shot once, no good.

Never again. Hurt like hell and left a red sore knot for awhile.

MaxG

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
Depends on who makes it.  I've ran some that's smooth as butter.

If you had T400 that was really that smooth, then I would have to question the true dose of the chem. The higher the mg of hormone requires more alcohol to break it down. It is the alcohol that hurts. Not saying that you are wrong... just that I would question it.