Author Topic: Chick, what motivated you to compete so long?  (Read 2033 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Chick, what motivated you to compete so long?
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:35:38 AM »
Most bodybuilders after years of not making it usually fizzle away but you stuck with it for 20 years until you got that pro card.  What was your main motivation and what kept you staying positive for so long?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Chick, what motivated you to compete so long?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:39:49 PM »
Most bodybuilders after years of not making it usually fizzle away but you stuck with it for 20 years until you got that pro card.  What was your main motivation and what kept you staying positive for so long?

My main motivation was the internal competition of knowing I had what it took, but needed to put it out on stage when it counted...

As for staying positive, I'm not a quitter....I'll work my ass off and figure out a way to get it done...be it bodybuilding or business. I'm very goal oriented...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »
My main motivation was the internal competition of knowing I had what it took, but needed to put it out on stage when it counted...

As for staying positive, I'm not a quitter....I'll work my ass off and figure out a way to get it done...be it bodybuilding or business. I'm very goal oriented...
and u look it,can tell by the way u carry yourself,u have a good personality,and u always seem to do it with a smile.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »

And that, Chick, is why you will continue to be successful in life, and are a real asset to this board.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »
Chicks story is truly amazing.  Its too bad bodybuilding doesn't get the justice and respect it deserves.  If his story was on television people would be truly inspired if bodybuilders got the respect they deserved.  Fuck haters and screw people who hate the sport what he has accomplished is truly a testimate to the man but more importantly an inspiration to all of us to never give up no matter what it is we are trying to achieve.  He knew he had the talent and so did we and in the end he took the worlds.  I wish I had that kind of guts and determination.  I may not always agree with him but I sure do model myself after him.  Go ahead and say I'm kissing ass fine with me it still stands what he has accomplished in a tarnished sport is no less than spectacular.

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 02:09:01 AM »
Chick, you are the man!!!
J

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 03:52:57 AM »
Because it took Bob years to get his pro-card,lots of people on this board act like his physique was less than stellar...............wh at they don`t mention is the fact that Bob was in some tough classes in all of his major contests competing against future legends of the sport.

The list includes:
Phil Hill
Troy Zucolatto
Sean Ray
Chris Cormeir
Joe Meeko
Matt Mendenhall
Dean Caputo
J.J. Marsh
John Defendis
Johnny Morant
Jim Quinn
Aaron Baker
Darryl Stafford
Edgar Fletcher
Ronnie Coleman
John Sherman
Al`q Gurley
Kevin Levrone
Flex Wheeler
Paul Demayo
Ken Castagnoli
Derrick Whitsett
Stan McCrary
Mike Francois
Dennis Newman
Phil Hernon
Craig Titus
Dave Palumbo
Gerard Dente
Jay Cutler
Tom Prince
Orville Burke
Bill Wilmore
King Kamali
Ken Brown
Leo Ingram
Garret Downing
Matt DuVall
Chuck Sanow
Art Atwood
Quincy Taylor
Plus many more,plus all the other weight classes.

Recognise any of these names?

All great bodybuilders as is Bob!!

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »
Chick;

I gotta still dig up those pics from the Teenage America in NY. Myself, by buddy Mark Smith, and you...we all did the same show!

How is the wife and baby doing?

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »
Exactly Tim, Bob was competing against the best that's why it was tough

he would turn pro really easily today