Author Topic: Obama Behind Kerry at Same Point  (Read 3684 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama Behind Kerry at Same Point
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:47:59 AM »
Obama Behind Kerry at Same Point

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:33 AM

By: Jim Meyers 

Democrat Barack Obama leads Republican John McCain in electoral votes, according to a new analysis – but he actually lags behind where eventual presidential loser John Kerry was on this date four years ago.

Obama stands to pick up 275 electoral votes, according to the analysis by electoral-vote.com, while McCain has 250, with 13 votes tied.

On Aug. 18, 2004, electoral-vote.com had Kerry with 317 votes to George Bush’s 202, with 19 tied.

In the new analysis, almost as many votes come from states described as Strong Republican, 131, as from Strong Democrat, 134.

And of Obama’s votes, 141 come from states described as either Weak Democrat or Barely Democrat.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_behind_kerry/2008/08/19/123306.html

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Obama Behind Kerry at Same Point
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »
This truly doesn't mean anything to be honest.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 11:59:06 AM »
Where was Kerry on the Electoral vote in August 2004?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:38:16 PM »
On Aug. 18, 2004, electoral-vote.com had Kerry with 317 votes to George Bush’s 202, with 19 tied
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »
damn, that is QUITE telling there!

What was the cause for the Kerry collapse?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »

Swiftboat Veterans?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »

ahh tu holmes beat me to it.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »

Stupid Americans who base their vote on retarded issues?  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »
Ah yes, those swiftboat vets did tear him a new one.

I think it would be naive to think a guy as cunning as Obama, to defeat the Clinton political machine and win the nod, would fall for it in 04 like Kerry did (by not dignifying it til it was too late).

Also, there wasn't the Bush hatred in 2004 that there is today.  Remember, the Iraqi was was less than 2 years old, and we were declaring mission accomplished.  Today it's almost 6 years, and we're still just accompllishing mission after mission ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
Ah yes, those swiftboat vets did tear him a new one.

I think it would be naive to think a guy as cunning as Obama, to defeat the Clinton political machine and win the nod, would fall for it in 04 like Kerry did (by not dignifying it til it was too late).

Also, there wasn't the Bush hatred in 2004 that there is today.  Remember, the Iraqi was was less than 2 years old, and we were declaring mission accomplished.  Today it's almost 6 years, and we're still just accompllishing mission after mission ;)

I agree. I can't see Obama making the same mistakes Kerry did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »
Obama is a shrewd, cold blooded dude.

I hope you guys see that.

he's cold.

He's got that killer look in his eye.  Icing a 3 for a crowd, or putting the clinton machine to rest.
Telling 200k people in germany that they need to send men to die for us in afghanistan, and them cheering him.  telling patraeus 'thanks for the advice, but you answer to teh CiC, bub'.

love him or hate him, you gotta admit obama has balls.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »

he's cold.

He's got that killer look in his eye.  Icing a 3 for a crowd, or putting the clinton machine to rest.
Telling 200k people in germany that they need to send men to die for us in afghanistan, and them cheering him.  telling patraeus 'thanks for the advice, but you answer to teh CiC, bub'.

love him or hate him, you gotta admit obama has balls.

His wife has them.

In a jar.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 07:39:20 PM »
His wife has them.

In a jar.

I guess we'll see in the televised NBC debates - provided Mccain doesn't pull out of them.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »

Yes your right, and this will all come out, re: The Abortion vote

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 07:53:02 PM »
Yes your right, and this will all come out, re: The Abortion vote

So far, it seems he's been pro-choice.

Is there something I'm missing in his voting record?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »
So far, it seems he's been pro-choice.

Is there something I'm missing in his voting record?

Yeah, bro...pro choice big time...

Here is the link.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2060118/posts

It's the first one I found on google, not sure on the website, but this is the arguement. Even long time pro choice women's rights suporter Barbra Boxer voted for the bill, which would take care of the baby if it was born alive after a labour induced abortion.

Instead, the baby is taken into a utility room or the ER kitchen sink, and they doctors wait for it to die.

A nurse testified regarding the bill and explained everything and Obama still voted against it.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »
Here is the bad thing....(as if baby killing was not bad enough) he tried to say that he would vote for it but only on the federal level....but he did not.

Obama changes abortion story, again
Now admits state, federal Born Alive acts the same

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 18, 2008
10:08 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama again has changed his story about his opposition as a state lawmaker to protecting infants who survive abortion procedures, this time saying he had "concerns" the Illinois plan could have affected abortion "rights."

WND reported last week when the National Right to Life Committee revealed documents that showed Obama advocated for abortions when even the National Abortion Rights Action League expressed a neutral position.

But now the New York Sun is reporting Obama appeared to misstate his position about abortion, and his campaign has acknowledged that the state and federal provisions were identical.

Obama, who advocates for abortion at just about any time and for any reason, has been facing criticism during this 2008 presidential campaign over his dedication to even the most horrific of abortion procedures. He was accused as a state lawmaker of supporting infanticide for his refusal to back a measure to protect infants who survive abortions.

He's argued, however, that the state and federal Born Alive Infants Protection acts were different. He would have supported the federal plan, he said, but had to oppose the state plan because the state law could have been used to undermine the abortion industry.

(Story continues below)

But WND's earlier report showed that the two laws, were, in fact, almost identical, and Obama had voted to include in the state law the type of "neutrality" clause found in the federal law in the state law. Such clauses state that the definitions are not intended to impose restrictions on abortion. He,  nevertheless, later voted against the law.

State committee hearing report showing Obama voted to amend state plan with neutrality clause, but then opposed the final project

A campaign spokesman, Hari Sevugan, said the senator and other lawmakers had concerns that even as worded, the legislation could have undermined existing Illinois abortion law, according to the Sun.

Douglas Johnson, the legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee, which uncovered the documents verifying the similarities of the two laws, told the Sun it was a "manufactured" and "highly implausible" excuse.

"There is no way that the [state] bill would have had any effect on any method of abortion," he told the Sun.

He also challenged Obama to prove his statements, after the senator told the Christian Broadcasting Network people were "lying" about his support for what would amount to infanticide: that is the rejection of protections for infants who survive a procedure intended to result in their death.

Obama also tripped over the issue of abortion at the weekend's joint appearance with presumptive GOP candidate Sen. John McCain at a megachurch in California.

Ref:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=72728

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 08:29:41 PM »
Yeah, bro...pro choice big time...

Here is the link.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2060118/posts

It's the first one I found on google, not sure on the website, but this is the arguement. Even long time pro choice women's rights suporter Barbra Boxer voted for the bill, which would take care of the baby if it was born alive after a labour induced abortion.

Instead, the baby is taken into a utility room or the ER kitchen sink, and they doctors wait for it to die.

A nurse testified regarding the bill and explained everything and Obama still voted against it.

I guess if I cared about abortion it would be an issue.

I do not.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 08:35:03 PM »
I guess if I cared about abortion it would be an issue.

I do not.

Did you read it?

It's not about abortion soley.

Here is the procedure.

The mother wants to abort the fetus, so the doctor gives them something like (PGF2A) and something else that kills the baby, then induces labour, the mother has the baby, it's supposed to be a stillbirth, but sometimes it survives the drug cocktail...Obama says let it die.

The nurse said the baby is healthy, and that is takes hours for a newborn to die on it's own. She had to sit in a room with a newborn and wait for it to DIE.

This bill was a protection member, that stated, the govt will take care of expenses and support the doctor to help the newborn.

Tu--this was a bill to help people.

Obama was the only one that voted against it.

Sorry not sure what your definition of a live human being is, but I know even a first grader would consier a baby that comes out of a females vagina crying, alive.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »
Did you read it?

It's not about abortion soley.

Here is the procedure.

The mother wants to abort the fetus, so the doctor gives them something like (PGF2A) and something else that kills the baby, then induces labour, the mother has the baby, it's supposed to be a stillbirth, but sometimes it survives the drug cocktail...Obama says let it die.

The nurse said the baby is healthy, and that is takes hours for a newborn to die on it's own. She had to sit in a room with a newborn and wait for it to DIE.

This bill was a protection member, that stated, the govt will take care of expenses and support the doctor to help the newborn.

Tu--this was a bill to help people.

Obama was the only one that voted against it.

Sorry not sure what your definition of a live human being is, but I know even a first grader would consier a baby that comes out of a females vagina crying, alive.

I'm not the one taking care of the kid... You're a big tax guy... You want  your taxes to pay for a kid the mother doesn't want?

Do you realize that the crime rate has gone down since the mid 90s primarily because of abortion and its legalization?

While I wouldn't do that to my child... I have 2 of them actually... It's not my business to tell anyone else what to do.

So you're for socialized healthcare now? You want to pay for the baby to live right? Provide for it's health right?

If that mother didn't want the baby and you made her keep it... You think that child's life would be a good one?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 11:50:03 PM »
It's not abortion at this point. It's a baby, that is alive, out of the mother.
It becomes an issue based on moral principles, and a doctors hippocratic oath comes into jeopardy if he/she does not save a human being.

This is not even anything close to socialized healthcare, as it is about protecting the right to live, abortion is a grey area, this is not.

This is inhumane, and we spend plenty of taxpayers money in order to prevent the inhumane treatment of various mammals.

Tu-Holmes how do you define life? Nevermind a fetus has a heartbeat at 22 days, and think for a minute about what your saying. A baby is born, and you agree that it should be placed in a sink and left to die, this is what Obama agreed should happen.

We need United States reforms on adoption, that will come soon enough.

That is your position?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 12:20:13 AM »
It's not abortion at this point. It's a baby, that is alive, out of the mother.
It becomes an issue based on moral principles, and a doctors hippocratic oath comes into jeopardy if he/she does not save a human being.

This is not even anything close to socialized healthcare, as it is about protecting the right to live, abortion is a grey area, this is not.

This is inhumane, and we spend plenty of taxpayers money in order to prevent the inhumane treatment of various mammals.

Tu-Holmes how do you define life? Nevermind a fetus has a heartbeat at 22 days, and think for a minute about what your saying. A baby is born, and you agree that it should be placed in a sink and left to die, this is what Obama agreed should happen.

We need United States reforms on adoption, that will come soon enough.

That is your position?

It's not my kid... it's not my responsibility.

You should worry about your kids.. That's what I do.