Author Topic: Finally, we have a 306lbs beast from the east or is he?  (Read 2424 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Finally, we have a 306lbs beast from the east or is he?
« on: August 20, 2008, 07:38:56 PM »
well, Matthias Steiner wins heavy gold for Germany. in the men’s superheavyweight category, clinching the win with a clean and jerk of 258 kg (568.8 pounds). but, there was a guy from the 230lbs class who cranked 530lbs in the clean and jerk. I personnaly think that pound for pound, the 230lbs dude is way stronger than this 300lbs bastard.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: Finally, we have a 306lbs beast from the east or is he?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »
Massive dude, unbelievable lifting, but man he is one ugly mofo ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 07:41:19 PM »

he's German, what did you expect....lol ;D

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:42:33 PM »
Oh my bad, I clicked on this thread cause I thought it was about another getbigger claiming to be 306lbs, living on the east coast, in a mansion of course

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 07:42:52 PM »

he's German, what did you expect....lol ;D

;D  But seriously that is some insane weight.  Guy deserves a lot of respect--that is a terrific accomplishment

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 07:49:15 PM »
;D  But seriously that is some insane weight.  Guy deserves a lot of respect--that is a terrific accomplishment

he's stronger than the current Top 6 Mr Olympia competitors and will take any IFBB Pro out on any giving day. thank God these are not fake weights...hahahahha

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »
well, Matthias Steiner wins heavy gold for Germany. in the men’s superheavyweight category, clinching the win with a clean and jerk of 258 kg (568.8 pounds). but, there was a guy from the 230lbs class who cranked 530lbs in the clean and jerk. I personnaly think that pound for pound, the 230lbs dude is way stronger than this 300lbs bastard.

strength does not increase linearly with a lifter's weight, here's two graphs for the snatch and clean and jerk, i pulled the data from the usa weightlifting webpage, year end ranking for 2006, you can clearly see that the slope gets less and less steeper the higher the weight category which means that you get less bang for each kilogram of bodyweight at a higher weight category.  i did not plot the 105+ category (too many fat bastards there) but the slope becomes virtually flat.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 08:00:51 PM »
He looks small compared to WSM athletes even though he's over 300lbs. Probably just an illusion though...

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 08:04:40 PM »
Anyone who can clean and jerk over 500 lbs is stupidly strong!  You cannot even imagine how amazing that is.  Try deadlifting 500 lbs and then think of being able to accelerate it through space sufficiently that you can rack it on your shoulders.  CRAZY!!!
w

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »
strength does not increase linearly with a lifter's weight, here's two graphs for the snatch and clean and jerk, i pulled the data from the usa weightlifting webpage, year end ranking for 2006, you can clearly see that the slope gets less and less steeper the higher the weight category which means that you get less bang for each kilogram of bodyweight at a higher weight category.  i did not plot the 105+ category (too many fat bastards there) but the slope becomes virtually flat.

Nice. I appreciate the 230lbs guys more than the heavier class. they look way better and more athletic and they're strong as hell. These 300lbs+ guys only score 30lbs more than the 230lbs class. nevertheless, 568lbs is quiete some weights

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 08:11:55 PM »
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 08:14:02 PM »
Anyone who can clean and jerk over 500 lbs is stupidly strong!  You cannot even imagine how amazing that is.  Try deadlifting 500 lbs and then think of being able to accelerate it through space sufficiently that you can rack it on your shoulders.  CRAZY!!!

the thought of it makes me want to never lift weights again in my life. it takes years of practice, discipline to finally accomplish this feat. but, one thing I love about weightlifting is, your whole body is involve in it. if front squat is your weakness, you'll never be able to do Clean & jerk. the reason I said that is, once you clean that weight, it is apparent that the whole weight lie on your front shoulders and you have to squat, pause ,then clean it up....hahahahaha

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »

Nice. I appreciate the 230lbs guys more than the heavier class. they look way better and more athletic and they're strong as hell. These 300lbs+ guys only score 30lbs more than the 230lbs class. nevertheless, 568lbs is quiete some weights

yes, also a 105 guy snatched 200kg while the biggest snatch in the 105+ was only 210 (and steiner got "only" 203).  the lighter guys must stay within a weight limit so they try to keep fat low as more muscles = higher lifts.  on the other hand, in the 105+ class, you can let yourself go ;D ;D ;D

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »

the first time i dead lifted 545 i was on cloud nine ... then it dawned on me there are guys out there who clean and jerk even more than that, damn, it must feel incredible to be able to lift that amount of iron.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 08:19:38 PM »
yes, also a 105 guy snatched 200kg while the biggest snatch in the 105+ was only 210 (and steiner got "only" 203).  the lighter guys must stay within a weight limit so they try to keep fat low as more muscles = higher lifts.  on the other hand, in the 105+ class, you can let yourself go ;D ;D ;D

lol....true. but don't they have a rule that says if two guys who lift the same amount of weights, the lighter guy would win the contest?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »
the first time i dead lifted 545 i was on cloud nine ... then it dawned on me there are guys out there who clean and jerk even more than that, damn, it must feel incredible to be able to lift that amount of iron.

I wish I could feel that kind of Rush. I don't think steroids would have help me neither.....lol. Weightlifting is the KING. period. the funny thing is, I wonder if he would be able to bench press that 568lbs a couple times?. well, different exercise call for different mechanics

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
Please, half this board can do better.  ::)

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
the lighter guy would win the contest?
yes, in the 105 category, two lifters tied for third, both had 420 total, and the lighter guy was awarded 3rd, the other guy got 4th, he lost by .07kg of bodyweight = brutally pwned ;D ;D ;D ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 08:29:46 PM »
Please, half this board can do better.  ::)

lol....come on man, I always hear guys bragging about their bench press, but you hardly hear anybody saying that about cleaning and jerking. it's a whole different form of weightlifting, one I think is the ultimate in my opinion. it's like 3 exercises in one. deadlift+ front squat+ standing shoulder press= Weightlifting.....hahaha hah

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »
yes, in the 105 category, two lifters tied for third, both had 420 total, and the lighter guy was awarded 3rd, the other guy got 4th, he lost by .07kg of bodyweight = brutally pwned ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol....damn, I think that's a very fair rule in my opinion.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »

I had a buddy that could clean and jerk 315# at 175....... all technique-skinny fucker.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 09:06:40 PM »
did anybody see that 365 lb croatian broad?  snatch and clean and jerk.    shes the size of an elephant

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 07:02:47 AM »
lol....damn, I think that's a very fair rule in my opinion.

ah, there it is.....

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 04:03:31 PM »

But who would dare tell him, save one of GetBig's MMA fighters??
~