Author Topic: Biden??  (Read 898 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Biden??
« on: August 21, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »
Obama is smarter than this, no?  He wouldn't pick a guy as liberal as Biden, who once dropped out of a presidential race over allegations of plagiarism? 

Although I don't think it's relevant, you have a bunch of drones who try to discredit McCain's attendance and graduation from the Naval Academy based on his class rank.  Biden apparently had some issues as well:

To buttress his assertions of sincerity and openness, Mr. Biden released a 65-page file, obtained by the Senator from the Syracuse University College of Law, that he said contained all the records of his years there. It disclosed relatively poor grades in college and law school, mixed evaluations from teachers and details of the plagiarism.

. . .

The faculty ruled that Mr. Biden would get an F in the course but would have the grade stricken when he retook it the next year. Mr. Biden eventually received a grade of 80 in the course, which, he joked today, prevented him from falling even further in his class rank. Mr. Biden, who graduated from the law school in 1968, was 76th in a class of 85.

Biden Admits Plagiarism in School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'
By E. J. DIONNE JR., SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: September 18, 1987
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE3DB143FF93BA2575AC0A961948260

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Biden??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 12:32:42 AM »
You know what they call the guy who graduates last in his class at medical school?

Doctor.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 12:41:48 AM »
You know what they call the guy who graduates last in his class at medical school?

Doctor.

I agree.  That's pretty much what I say about those who harp on where McCain graduated from the Naval Academy. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 12:43:06 AM »
I agree.  That's pretty much what I say about those who harp on where McCain graduated from the Naval Academy. 

You'll get no hate from me about it... The guy graduated, which is more than most people in this country can say about their higher education.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 12:59:11 AM »
You'll get no hate from me about it... The guy graduated, which is more than most people in this country can say about their higher education.

Class rank is even more irrelevant for someone who is 20, 30, or 40 years out of school. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:47:53 AM »

Doctor.
Would that be the doctor you want to operate on you?  How about the pilot that finishes at the bottom, if you have a choice, would you pick him to fly you?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 02:22:08 AM »
Would that be the doctor you want to operate on you?  How about the pilot that finishes at the bottom, if you have a choice, would you pick him to fly you?

Do you know their class rank when they perform any of these functions?

Ridiculous thing to make a talking point... About as stupid as Obama's middle name.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 02:30:47 AM »
Do you know their class rank when they perform any of these functions?

Ridiculous thing to make a talking point... About as stupid as Obama's middle name.
have you seen the board lately?  These guys came unglued in the negative area on Obama first.  I was looking forward to a year where this wouldn't happen as much, it looked like we were off to a good start, but I'll be fucking damned if I'm going to sit back and play nice.  You're right, it is a stupid talking point, well not the doctor part, I really wouldn't want the last guy for a doctor :D  McCain's campaign was down and they went negative first and we've been swamped with the bullshit on this board since.  I was ready to play nice, but they openened up the can, not me and not Obama.  Now Obama is responding in areas with a little negative advertising.  Look what happened to Kerry when he chose to act like he was above it and not play right back, they burried him with that swiftboat crap.  I don't want it to be here either, but it is and it doesn't take much to see who brought the bulk of it to this board.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 04:17:01 AM »
If Mccain graduated #1 in his class, even 49 years ago, you can rest assured we would have heard "graduated at the top of the naval academy" quite a few times.

If its something you can brag about...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »
I will counter by saying some of the best practitioners are not the ones who were the best with the books.  I am proud to have graduated higher in my class, but it wasn't nearly as important as the practical applications to patients.  Class ranking isn't the most important item to consider.  There are many elements to performance intelligence that are not measured in standard testing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »
I will counter by saying some of the best practitioners are not the ones who were the best with the books.  I am proud to have graduated higher in my class, but it wasn't nearly as important as the practical applications to patients.  Class ranking isn't the most important item to consider.  There are many elements to performance intelligence that are not measured in standard testing.

Have you ever had a patient ask you what your class rank was?  I have never asked a professional this question when hiring them.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »
Have you ever had a patient ask you what your class rank was?  I have never asked a professional this question when hiring them.
but wouldn't you like to know ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
but wouldn't you like to know ;D

Nah.  I don't really care.  I do look at grades when interviewing prospective new hires, but that's only because the younger ones don't have much job experience.  Even then, grades don't sway me one way or the other.  I look at the total package.  Bottom line is whether the person can get the job done, whether they have integrity, and whether they are willing to work hard.

If I'm going to hire a new professional to help me, I want to know his or her track record in their work, not whether they aced some test 20 years ago.