Author Topic: McCain unsure how many houses he owns  (Read 3750 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
McCain unsure how many houses he owns
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:29:13 AM »
lol...

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said in an interview Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own.

"I think - I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told us in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where - I'll have them get to you."

The correct answer is at least four, located in Arizona, California and Virginia, according to his staff. Newsweek estimated this summer that the couple owns at least seven properties.

In recent weeks, Democrats have stepped up their effort to caricature McCain as living an outlandishly rich lifestyle – a bit of payback to the GOP for portraying Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) as an elitist, and for turning the spotlight in 2004 on the five homes owned by Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) and his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry.

Pro-Obama labor groups have sent out mailers highlighting McCain’s wealth, and prominent Democrats have included references to it in comments to reporters.

Twice in the past two weeks, those Democrats have focused on McCain’s houses.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told Politico’s Ben Smith that it was McCain “who wears $500 shoes, has six houses, and comes from one of the richest families in his state."

And David Axelrod, Obama’s chief strategist, referred in an interview with Adam Nagourney of The New York Times to an imagined meeting of McCain strategists “on the portico of the McCain estate in Sedona — or maybe in one of his six other houses.”

McCain’s comments came four days after he initially told Pastor Rick Warren during a faith forum on Sunday his threshold for considering someone rich is $5 million — a careless comment he quickly corrected.

In the interview, McCain did not offer an alternative number, but had a new answer ready.

“I define rich in other ways besides income,” he said. “Some people are wealthy and rich in their lives and their children and their ability to educate them. Others are poor if they’re billionaires.”

McCain, by anyone's measure, is well off if you include his wife's fortune. Cindy McCain inherited control of her father’s beer distributorship, the largest in Arizona, and has an estimated worth of over $100 million.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: McCain unsure how many houses he owns
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 06:31:48 AM »
And all this is relevant, how?
footloose and fancy free

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 06:35:22 AM »
And all this is relevant, how?

Mccain called Obama a rich elitist.

When you lose track of how many homes you own, you might just be a rich elitist ;)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:11:40 AM »
yep..another relevant point on why or why not to elect a guy.

do you honestly take this shit into consideration?
footloose and fancy free

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 07:34:41 AM »
yep..another relevant point on why or why not to elect a guy.

do you honestly take this shit into consideration?

240 is the biggest hypocrite on here. He bitches and bitches about people attacking Obama for "non-issues" and how you would have to be an idiot to vote based on those, and then, sure as shit, he's on here spamming every McCain non-issue that comes up.

Pot meet kettle.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 07:43:16 AM »
Not that Obama is any different, but this shows McCain is a bit out of touch with the common American.  Even very upper middle class Americans who own many houses know how many they have.  Or it shows that McCain is old a befuddled

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »
it wouldn't be an issue - if he hasn't accused obama of being a rich elitist.

I can't imagine losing track of how many homes you own and NOT being an elitist.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 07:56:08 AM »
240 is the biggest hypocrite on here. He bitches and bitches about people attacking Obama for "non-issues" and how you would have to be an idiot to vote based on those, and then, sure as shit, he's on here spamming every McCain non-issue that comes up.

Pot meet kettle.
bump for truth

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 11:28:49 AM »

Pot meet kettle.

Yeah.  True. 

What a dumb "issue."   ::)  He doesn't know how many condos he owns?  [gasp]   ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 11:44:29 AM »
must make the homeless in this country feel great.McCain's got enough to house them all but he don't want mad dog spilled on one of his couches.
DAWG

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
yeah...he must want to just turn around and give his houses that he bought with his money away to the poor...while he is at it..why doesn't he just give away all his money..so he can live with the poor and downtrodden..much like the way communists like the world..last time i looked...Barry O didn't give away much of his 1.9 million dollar book deal money to the poor in chicago.
footloose and fancy free

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Shittin me right...Dude is too old
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 01:20:20 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080821/pl_politico/12685;_ylt=AnXQVyr0j64sutk1z6iW24Nh24cA

McCain unsure how many houses he owns Jonathan Martin, Mike Allen
Thu Aug 21, 7:34 AM ET

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said in an interview Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told Politico in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."

Listen Here:

Download here

The correct answer is at least four, located in Arizona, California and Virginia, according to his staff. Newsweek estimated this summer that the couple owns at least seven properties.

In recent weeks, Democrats have stepped up their effort to caricature McCain as living an outlandishly rich lifestyle — a bit of payback to the GOP for portraying Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) as an elitist, and for turning the spotlight in 2004 on the five homes owned by Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) and his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry.

Pro-Obama labor groups have sent out mailers highlighting McCain’s wealth, and prominent Democrats have included references to it in comments to reporters.

Twice in the past two weeks, those Democrats have focused on McCain’s houses.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told Politico’s Ben Smith that it was McCain “who wears $500 shoes, has six houses and comes from one of the richest families in his state."

And David Axelrod, Obama’s chief strategist, referred in an interview with Adam Nagourney of The New York Times to an imagined meeting of McCain strategists “on the portico of the McCain estate in Sedona — or maybe in one of his six other houses.”

The Obama campaign seized on the house issue Thursday with an ad called "Seven," claiming that's the number of houses McCain has. The ad closes with a shot of the White House and the narration: "Here's ONE house American can't afford to let John McCain move into."

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said in response: "Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people 'cling' to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?

“The reality is that Barack Obama’s plans to raise taxes and opposition to producing more energy here at home as gas prices skyrocket show he’s completely out of touch with the concerns of average Americans.”

At a campaign appearance in Chester, Va., on Thursday morning, Obama said: "Somebody asked John McCain, 'How many houses do you have?’ And he said, I’m not sure. I’ll have to check with my staff. True quote: I’m not sure, I’ll have to check with my staff. So they asked his staff and he said, at least four. At least four! ...

"If you’re like me and you’ve got one house – or you were like the millions of people who are struggling right now to keep up with their mortgage so that they don’t lose their home — you might have a different perspective. By the way, the answer is: John McCain has seven homes. So there’s just a fundamental gap of understanding between John McCain's world and what people are going through every single day here in America."

McCain’s comments came four days after he initially told Pastor Rick Warren during a faith forum on Sunday his threshold for considering someone rich is $5 million — a careless comment he quickly corrected.

In the interview, McCain did not offer an alternate number, but had a new answer ready.
“I define rich in other ways besides income,” he said. “Some people are wealthy and rich in their lives and their children and their ability to educate them. Others are poor if they’re billionaires.”

McCain, by anyone's measure, is well-off, if you account for his wife's fortune. Cindy McCain inherited control of her father’s beer distributorship, the largest in Arizona, and has an estimated worth of more than $100 million.

Carrie Budoff Brown and Ben Smith contributed to this article

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Shittin me right...Dude is too old
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »
lol "Shittin me right...Dude is too old"

When do you not know how many houses you own...  Only the elite of the elite or the Alzheimer's inflicted would give McCain's answer.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
lol "Shittin me right...Dude is too old"

When do you not know how many houses you own...  Only the elite of the elite or the Alzheimer's inflicted would give McCain's answer.

It's called investment properties, investing - have you heard of that word, or participated in it's inception? I doubt it.

His wife owns numerous condos, it's not his job to keep up with how many they are flipping or renting out. In fact they most likely don't even manage them themselves and hire property managers that have taken care of everything for years, all they do is collect checks and sign new ones for repairs.

Funny Obama picked up on this gaffe, when he has made numerous. Maybe he can tell us how many investments he has in the 57 states, or he can tell us about his shady deals with Rezko?

Hmmm

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 01:49:49 PM »
Hmmm
Hmmm... I seem to remember McCain opened this can of worms...

Sorry jackass...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »
My God....57 States..... ::)

They have both made gaffes, plenty.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »
It's called investment properties, investing - have you heard of that word, or participated in it's inception? I doubt it.

His wife owns numerous condos, it's not his job to keep up with how many they are flipping or renting out. In fact they most likely don't even manage them themselves and hire property managers that have taken care of everything for years, all they do is collect checks and sign new ones for repairs.

Funny Obama picked up on this gaffe, when he has made numerous. Maybe he can tell us how many investments he has in the 57 states, or he can tell us about his shady deals with Rezko?

Hmmm

are you seriously defending this...Trump could tell you everything he owns...

And its not like its 47 or anything..its 7 properties...

dude how ever you try to slice and spin it...this is all bad...

"um i dont know how many troops are in iraq...ill get back to you"

"um i dont know what our economy looks like...ill get back to you"

"um i dont know what unemployment rates are...ill get back to you"

Dude you are extra wack if you try in anyway to defend this...
Dont be a fox news flunkie...I show the same scrutiny to McCain as i show obama...like with his brother..I ripped him...and ill rip mccain on not knowing how many houses he has...what an old fart...and thats who you want in office.....

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »

Dont be a fox news flunkie...I show the same scrutiny to McCain as i show obama...like with his brother..I ripped him...and ill rip mccain on not knowing how many houses he has...what an old fart...and thats who you want in office.....

;D

This is a BOOM! post!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »
My God....57 States..... ::)

They have both made gaffes, plenty.
this isn't a gaffe.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »

;D

This is a BOOM! post!

Bump for the BOOOOM! post ;D

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »

So why is it that you are mad at this question, cause he owns more than you do?

No, it is right. He has property managers that take care of this stuff. My parents have stock, and bullion in SDBs they don't even keep up with, you get to a point where you are satisfied and not counting nickels and dimes, or your wifes investment properties, which he most likely never even uses or has seen.

So you know Trump personally? You seem to think so. And you don't, and he could not tell you everything he owns, because he has numerous money mangers, that switch his money around to foreign currencies on a monthly basis. I can go into this with more detail, but it would be a waste.

They are his wife's not his, not his job to know.

So 10 guys just got flown out to a German hospital today, you know the exact number today?

Everything you just listed has different parameters for measurement.

Just as a house, that is not even in his name, but his wifes.

MB, son like I said earlier, your about 2 years from selling gas caps for your future.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
;D

This is a BOOM! post!

Bump for the BOOOOM! post ;D

LMAO. Of course you would Hugo, your poor as dirt and drunk

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »
Dont be a fox news flunkie...

hahahahahaha... Priceless line...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
So why is it that you are mad at this question, cause he owns more than you do?

No, it is right. He has property managers that take care of this stuff. My parents have stock, and bullion in SDBs they don't even keep up with, you get to a point where you are satisfied and not counting nickels and dimes, or your wifes investment properties, which he most likely never even uses or has seen.

So you know Trump personally? You seem to think so. And you don't, and he could not tell you everything he owns, because he has numerous money mangers, that switch his money around to foreign currencies on a monthly basis. I can go into this with more detail, but it would be a waste.

They are his wife's not his, not his job to know.

So 10 guys just got flown out to a German hospital today, you know the exact number today?

Everything you just listed has different parameters for measurement.

Just as a house, that is not even in his name, but his wifes.

MB, son like I said earlier, your about 2 years from selling gas caps for your future.

That is an agument from authority "you dont have so you cant comment about it"

this isnt about me its about a man who is going for the highest manager in the world..and he dosent know that his Wife=life partner has 7 houses... Face it dude is an old fuck....

And dont try and compare it to investments that fluctuate..these are properties, their value might flucuate but not the amout of properties he has...Its not like they asked "so mccain how much are your homes worth" but they simply asked him how many does he have. My mother owns 8 properties 2 in LA  1 in atlanta 1 miami 1 new york 1 puerto rico 1 missouri city texas...all investent properties but 2 and all are managed by property management companies....My father knows that as well and he is my mothers husband...You sound like a dumb ass if you dont know how many houses you have...

Dude its like this...dont defent stupidity

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 03:26:58 PM »
LMAO. Of course you would Hugo, your poor as dirt and drunk

I'm having a few brews today, but it's been 4 days.  I'm not drunk.  The other day when you accused me, I didn't have anything to drink.  You can drop the crap.  I'm quite open on the board with saying when I've had a few to many ;)  If you're that concerned, ask and you will get honesty from me.  By the way, even when I'm trashed, my posts are easier to read than yours.  You should really look into some remedial English or some shit.  Not claiming to be perfect, I'm not, but you suck--bad!