Author Topic: Worst USA Olympic track & field team ever?  (Read 1607 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Worst USA Olympic track & field team ever?
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:25:24 PM »

Discuss. 

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Worst USA Olympic track & field team ever?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »
Discuss. 
You could have done better for us  ::)
I am a big baby

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:32:49 PM »
The last one with a white guy on it?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »
You could have done better for us  ::)

You could've thrown anyone from the stands - even me - into that 4x100 and made it to the final. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »
gay being hurt leading up hurt us a lot.  but we did sweep the mens 400 and 400h.  4x100 problems as usual.  Legat choked...  not the worst ever, but things did not go our way.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »

Shut out in the women's 100.  Felix with a major hitch in her step fell to 2nd in the 200. 

Disaster in the relays.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 04:41:50 AM »
gay being hurt leading up hurt us a lot. 

I would say Gay deciding to skip the passing practices hurt more, as he then proceeded with an epic fail on the passing in the relay. If you look, US would have medaled for sure, and 95% chance of gold - as the US male sprinters are far deeper than the JA team, as they should be as they are like a zillion times bigger nation.

The last one with a white guy on it?

Statistically, the white US sprinters did outstanding. Only 1 but he went silver ;D

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 04:44:30 AM »
I would say Gay deciding to skip the passing practices hurt more, as he then proceeded with an epic fail on the passing in the relay. If you look, US would have medaled for sure, and 95% chance of gold - as the US male sprinters are far deeper than the JA team, as they should be as they are like a zillion times bigger nation.

Statistically, the white US sprinters did outstanding. Only 1 but he went silver ;D

technically the cairbbean doesn't have an off season testing program. And in competition testing is virtually useless.

what are you wearing by the way?
I

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 04:49:14 AM »
the us sucks plain and simple

Z

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 05:00:49 AM »
technically the cairbbean doesn't have an off season testing program. And in competition testing is virtually useless.
what are you wearing by the way?

Bolt's been tested most of all of all athletes btw, so the IOC says. I realize certain media is saying what you said, that is the norm, throw stones at the winner. It's far from the truth.

As gay as this is, anyone who sets foot of this soil to represent the islands is tested, so means I am. I get calls at like 11pm, and if I don't show up in 24 hrs I get banned. Minumum 4 random times a year, plus pre & post shows and I've been tested in Jamaica personally so I know from personal experience that's a lie - the JA team doctor already told the press to "go to hell" with their lies which had me ROFL.

Look at history, and show me a Jamaican Olympic medalist who tested positive? We only have to look at recent history, Marian Jones stripped of 2000 medals, Ben Johnson to see other countries. And this very year; 2008 UK 400m winner just came off a drug suspension, and the US team sent a hurdler [Cherry] who served a suspension too. So those nations get stripped, send athletes with past positives etc - JA doesn't but they get the heat lol.

As far as what I am wearing, I look a disgrace tbh :-\

Moosejay

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:36:40 AM »
they are all faster than me! ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »
Bolt's been tested most of all of all athletes btw, so the IOC says. I realize certain media is saying what you said, that is the norm, throw stones at the winner. It's far from the truth.

As gay as this is, anyone who sets foot of this soil to represent the islands is tested, so means I am. I get calls at like 11pm, and if I don't show up in 24 hrs I get banned. Minumum 4 random times a year, plus pre & post shows and I've been tested in Jamaica personally so I know from personal experience that's a lie - the JA team doctor already told the press to "go to hell" with their lies which had me ROFL.

Look at history, and show me a Jamaican Olympic medalist who tested positive? We only have to look at recent history, Marian Jones stripped of 2000 medals, Ben Johnson to see other countries. And this very year; 2008 UK 400m winner just came off a drug suspension, and the US team sent a hurdler [Cherry] who served a suspension too. So those nations get stripped, send athletes with past positives etc - JA doesn't but they get the heat lol.

As far as what I am wearing, I look a disgrace tbh :-\

CQ do they ban masking agents such as finesteride?

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 07:50:38 AM »
alpha-reductase-inhibitors are also on the doping-list (like dutasteride, finasteride,...).

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 08:08:52 AM »
CQ do they ban masking agents such as finesteride?

Sorry, I don't know actually it's stacks of things they test us for, I got a list once I died was huge. I know I am tested for like steroids, my overall test levels, all rec drugs, ephedra and even excessive caffeine. Once a guy failed for eating poppy seed muffins? I just avoid almost everything to be safe, even like fatburners.

On the topic - it was far from just the USA in relays - look who else went out: men - USA, UK, Nigeria, South Africa, Poland. Women; Jamaica, UK, Trinidad, Italy, Ukraine. Thailand almost made it to the finals? And Japan and Belgium medaled, as all the powerhouses were out.

11 teams dropped? That must be the worst relay baton passing ever overall for all teams.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »
The U.S. team is an embarrassment.
!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
The thing is, in the semi-final, as Boldon said, all you've got to do is make your passes.  You've got more than enough speed to outrun the field, even coming to a complete stop on each pass. 

In the semi, the outgoing runner has to know not to cross the endline no matter what, because if he does that without the stick in hand, then you've got NO chance to medal.  Patton screwed up the pass, but Gay knew better than to leave without having the stick secured. 

Arrogance and stupidity aren't a good combination. 

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 11:16:52 AM »
Discuss. 

Not even close..........but definately the clumsiest.

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »
seem more snakebit than anything.

The relay foul ups (and for the women, the same woman dropped the baton back in 04 with Marion Joes)
The 400 IH womens,
Sanya Richards pulling a hammie in the last leg of her 400 race.
Gay's injuries.
They all hurt, but at the same time, we won the decathalon - first in a long while.

The Jamaican's I think are just better than us.  If everything went well, we'd still have silvers and bronzes
in those 100 & 200m races and relays.

Still, Olympics aren't what they used to be.  Except for Bolt, every either lives or trains here in the US,
or went to school here in the US.  It's hard to make the case anymore about which country turns out
the best athletes because talent and training crosses borders.

Even in gymnastics, Liuken's father is a former Russian Olympic Gold Medalist, and Johnson's coach
was a Chinese olympian, and the US program is run by Bela, and the Chinese baseball team has an American
coach.

And you even have Americans choosing to run for other countries like P.R. and D.R.
Cuba may be one of the few isolationist countries left.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »
gay skipped the passing practice? 

that's bad.

Gayer than Gay dropping the ball on this one...