Author Topic: Fiscal woes hit the big screen - watch this, Repubs included ;)  (Read 566 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Fiscal woes hit the big screen - watch this, Repubs included ;)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »
Will there be any mention of our Debt Based currency and the Federal Reserve?

Any mention of how every dollar we use, has to be borrowed into existence from the central bank?

Are we going to question the system?  Or just wag the finger and say we spend too much?

This movie is the perfect example of misdirection, and getting everyone to focus on the Debt instead of the Banks that control our money.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Fiscal woes hit the big screen - watch this, Repubs included ;)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 07:24:27 AM »
[...]This movie is the perfect example of misdirection, and getting everyone to focus on the Debt instead of the Banks that control our money.

Well, you try to make a movie about the role of American banks int the American economy and see what happens to it next. Especially if you're dealing with the ones that stole the moneymaking machine from the American people, i.e. JP Morgan, Warburg, etc. It took a whole generation of flag-suckers (baby-boomers) to create this idea on infallibility (at all levels) and that Big Government is looking out for our best interest and it's going to take a whole generation of people to fix this problem. 

Personally I do not think banks are the problem. I mean, banks have always existed and in many cases played a pivotal role in the society they serve. The real problem is the nutheads we vote into office. It is mighty hard to stop lobbyists from getting too close to the money pit but we can prevent that by creating some checks and balances to make sure that someone who gets into some congress special group knows the basics of what is going to be discussed. I mean, half of these people are senile, fall asleep during proceedings and know diddley about the subject that is being discussed and affects all Americans in the end.

Oh, one thing, Big Business is coming after your Social Security checks, they've been lobbying for some time now and have been able to lure enough people to get some politician's attention. So look out, it's going to happen sooner than you think, there will be a president (I think Bush has put the idea out there already) who will sell his soul to the devil and stick it to the American people once more. So if you're younger than 40 and expect to be paying for your mortgage with your SS check, think again my friend! The banks is going to get it.