Author Topic: I.O.U.S.A.: THE MOVIE EVERY AMERICAN MUST SEE! BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!  (Read 2879 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: I.O.U.S.A.: THE MOVIE EVERY AMERICAN MUST SEE! BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:50:52 AM »
I have known about it over 10 years ago. :-\
All the intelectual americans know about it, i guess.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 04:51:56 AM »
I left.  Rat, sinking ship, etc.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:03:36 AM »
I left.  Rat, sinking ship, etc.

Where did you go?
I hate the State.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:07:17 AM »
Europe for awhile, then the UK, been in Australia for near 10 years now.

I was only joking tho.  Leaving the US wasn't a well thought out decision.  I thought I'd only be gone 3 months.  Like Tolkien said, "It's a dangerous business going outside.  Your feet hit the road and there's no telling where you might be swept off to."

You back in the US now?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 05:20:19 AM »
Europe for awhile, then the UK, been in Australia for near 10 years now.

I was only joking tho.  Leaving the US wasn't a well thought out decision.  I thought I'd only be gone 3 months.  Like Tolkien said, "It's a dangerous business going outside.  Your feet hit the road and there's no telling where you might be swept off to."

You back in the US now?

Nope, haven't been there in 10 years; just got back from Korea 3 weeks ago, am in Germany now and next month off to the UK for graduate studies....

One you have been on the world train, it's hard to get off...that's a fact...
I hate the State.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 05:42:50 AM »
Nope, haven't been there in 10 years; just got back from Korea 3 weeks ago, am in Germany now and next month off to the UK for graduate studies....

One you have been on the world train, it's hard to get off...that's a fact...

Yep.  After so long gone, returning would feel a little like going to a foreign country.

I'd like to see the economy turn around tho.  I predict most of these economic sour grapes will be turned into a nationalist whine.  Just like in the 80s when everyone was gripping about the Japs buying everything.  No one ever thought to take the blame for selling it to them in the first place.  The most marketable message won't be "America fucked up."  It'll be, "The Arabs and Chinese are evil rotten bastards.  It's their fault!"  That's what they'll tell everyone and the majority will buy it.  Ironically, it'll be the savvy few who know better who will live well, while the patriotic majority will struggle to find enough for their retirement.

Odds are, they won't recover.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 05:50:52 AM »
Yep.  After so long gone, returning would feel a little like going to a foreign country.

I'd like to see the economy turn around tho.  I predict most of these economic sour grapes will be turned into a nationalist whine.  Just like in the 80s when everyone was gripping about the Japs buying everything.  No one ever thought to take the blame for selling it to them in the first place.  The most marketable message won't be "America fucked up."  It'll be, "The Arabs and Chinese are evil rotten bastards.  It's their fault!"  That's what they'll tell everyone and the majority will buy it.  Ironically, it'll be the savvy few who know better who will live well, while the patriotic majority will struggle to find enough for their retirement.

Odds are, they won't recover.

Word.
I hate the State.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 05:54:25 AM »
Will there be any mention of our Debt Based currency and the Federal Reserve?

Any mention of how every dollar we use, has to be borrowed into existence from the central bank?

Are we going to question the system?  Or just wag the finger and say we spend too much?

This movie is the perfect example of misdirection, and getting everyone to focus on the Debt instead of the Banks that control our money.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 07:22:08 AM »
Oh, it's already way too late. [As if we ever had a chance of affecting the outcome one way or another.] If you're young and resourceful enough, expatriate while you can. If you're not, just pull up a seat and watch the trainwreck.

America is the first empire to go into permanent decline while sitting on enough nuclear weapons to sterilize the planet. I'll be interested to see what happens.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 07:35:39 AM »
from a pure usage standpoint I would say that the immigrants are the ones maximizing the system!

they come here, work and save as much as possible run up a large amount of debt then leave,  go back to their country and live in comfort.  They come here wth nothing, when the process is over the own land and big homes in their native countries.

That mexican that you see cutting your lawn, as we approach retirement, he will live in greater comfort than you..chances are that he will own more land and have a bigger house that is paid off.
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 07:38:10 AM »
Will there be any mention of our Debt Based currency and the Federal Reserve?

Any mention of how every dollar we use, has to be borrowed into existence from the central bank?

Are we going to question the system?  Or just wag the finger and say we spend too much?

This movie is the perfect example of misdirection, and getting everyone to focus on the Debt instead of the Banks that control our money.

You will be better off setting up some kind of revenue generating business then leave..possible a mid to large rental complex or a well managed grocery store.
I

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »
Thank Zeus I expatriated a while ago...
I hate the State.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »
from a pure usage standpoint I would say that the immigrants are the ones maximizing the system!

they come here, work and save as much as possible run up a large amount of debt then leave,  go back to their country and live in comfort.  They come here wth nothing, when the process is over the own land and big homes in their native countries.

That mexican that you see cutting your lawn, as we approach retirement, he will live in greater comfort than you..chances are that he will own more land and have a bigger house that is paid off.

Does not matter if your house is paid off, you still do not own it, you rent it from government.