Author Topic: Distilled Water.  (Read 5398 times)

suckmymuscle

Distilled Water.
« on: August 24, 2008, 02:39:47 AM »
  Ok, so I make my own distilled water because I don't trust either tap water or water from springs. Tap water is treated often with Chlorine, which is toxic to all vertebrates, and spring water contains unusually high traces of inorganic Borum, Lithium, Manganese and Molybdenium, which are potentially toxic in high levels and mighteven lead to kidney stones - if you drink it for several decades every day. Now, before someone counter-argues that distilled water is bad for you because it lacks minerals, consider that inorganic minerals that aren't chelated with amino acids or in organic form can't be absorbed by the body in any significant amounts anyway, so the point is redundant. The best water is cocunut water, which is extremely pure and has high amounts of organic minerals, but unfortunately it's hard to come by and even cocunut trees nowadays are treated with pesticides and organophosphate pesticides are able to pass through the natural fibrous filter of coconuts, thus making cocunut water tainted. I have considered the issue and regard distilled water and water that comes from organically grown fruits the best for health. Your thoughts?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Distilled Water.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 05:18:57 AM »
Distilled Water should also only be used in cigar humidors.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:40:17 PM »
You guys would be shocked if you knew what was in your tap water.

When we tie into existing water lines, we remove plugs and they are encrusted in junk you would not imagine.

This is why they "clean out" the system by opening up all the flush valves(fire hydrants) in certain areas.

I will see if i can find some pics.

8)

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:04:31 PM »
this is why I use my own reverse osmosis! Works very well for cleaning your water. I also have filters in my fridge that filter the water.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »
You guys would be shocked if you knew what was in your tap water.

When we tie into existing water lines, we remove plugs and they are encrusted in junk you would not imagine.

This is why they "clean out" the system by opening up all the flush valves(fire hydrants) in certain areas.

I will see if i can find some pics.

8)

Probably better if you don't.  ;)

Alex23

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:05:33 PM »
I've been drinking mainly distilled water for the past year.

I feel better for some reasons.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »
I've been drinking mainly distilled water for the past year.

I feel better for some reasons.

I went through a period only drinking distilled water & didn't notice a difference. Oh well.  :-\

Alex23

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 08:09:04 PM »
I went through a period only drinking distilled water & didn't notice a difference. Oh well.  :-\

First thing I noticed is my blood pressure went down.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 09:29:24 PM »
Surely a filter for the tap is good enough.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 07:06:56 AM »

Depends where you live.

Your tap water is filled with chemicals, some city's are cleaner than others.

Chlorimination. Google it.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 08:13:31 AM »
First thing I noticed is my blood pressure went down.

Interesting. Mine has always been high - maybe I'll do an experiment. However, I got promoted at work & mine went up.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

Chlorimination.

:(

I don't think they do that in Aus yet, but I can't say for sure.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »
:(

I don't think they do that in Aus yet, but I can't say for sure.

That is the thing, every country/city/state does their water treatment differently.

Some parts of Texas have very clean tap water, other parts are full of nasty shit.

It also depends on how old the system is and how frequently it is flushed, most districts do not flush their systems like they should.

8)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
There's a lot of caution and controversy out there regarding drinking distilled water for extended periods of time.

http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water_2.htm

http://chetday.com/distilledwater.htm
:

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 01:41:53 PM »
There's a lot of caution and controversy out there regarding drinking distilled water for extended periods of time.

Thanks for the links. Interesting stuff.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »

Agree with that big time!! I don't think anyone should drink distilled for long periods of time.

I just fill up my 5 gallon jugs at a water store. Better filtration than the reverse osmosis jugs at the grocery store. Which if you have had AZ water, you will want as much filtration as possible.

Like drinking mud out of the tap  :-X

suckmymuscle

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 12:00:46 AM »

Oh boy, you're so wrong about this that it's not even funny. Even the best filter removes impurities that are no smaller than about one thousand of a milimeter in diameter. Even E Coli bacteria are able to pass through that. Distillation is the only way to make water completely pure. Water has a much lower boiling point than practically all impurities, so when water becomes a gas it leaves prety much everything in the vaporization vessel. Distillation purifies water to the molecular level. Furthermore, even the smallest viruses are eliminated by distillation, since the high temperature kills them. If mere filtration were ok, then chemists would use filtered water for chemical synthesis. Chemists need ultra pure water for synthesis, since impurities and trace elements might interfere with them to the point of stopping the reaction or changing the end results. Distillation is the only way to make sure you have nothing but H2O.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 12:09:20 AM »

His argument is faulty and I have already addressed this issue. Minerals in water are not effectively absorbed by the body in any way, shape or form. If you don't get minerals from food, then you aren't going to get them from driking water. To make minerals bioavailable, they need to be either as salts or binded to amino acids. Some water do have minerals in salt form, but often it is in unbound inorganic form, and this will give you nothing besides kidney stones. In France, a country where mineral water is consumed in massive amounts, the rate of renal failure caused by inorganic mineral intoxication is a serious national problem. Why do you need Calcium from water if you can get it from broccoli? Why do you need Iron from water if you can get it from spinach? Why do you need Selenium from water if you can get it from mushrooms? There are some minerals that are far more abundant in water than in food, like Molybdenum, but the body need such miniscule amount of these minerals anyway and the body absorbs them so poorly from water that the point is redundant.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 12:31:23 PM »
are you talking about boiling your water or actual distillation?  Distallation requires some real gadgetry.  Making sure to capture the steam and cool it down into a still.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 01:29:16 PM »
are you talking about boiling your water or actual distillation?  Distallation requires some real gadgetry.  Making sure to capture the steam and cool it down into a still.

No, I'm talking about distillation: vaporizing water in a vessel and then condensing it in another vessel.

It just so happens that an added bonus of distillation is that it also kills bacteria besides unltra filtering thewater because the water is boiled.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »
Have any of you drank magnetized water? It's amazing what it will do to really flush toxins from your system
w

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 07:58:14 AM »
Have any of you drank magnetized water? It's amazing what it will do to really flush toxins from your system

One link for:
http://www.drlam.com/opinion/magnetized_water.cfm

One link against:
http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magwatscams.html

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 08:59:14 PM »
One link for:
http://www.drlam.com/opinion/magnetized_water.cfm

Take home message:

The use of magnetized water in the treatment of chronic disease is still in the infancy stage of investigation. It will be decades before the science of magnetized water is fully understood.

If one understands and accepts that each of our cells possess a small magnetic field, as many research studies are now supporting, the logical conclusion that magnetic water has the ability to affect our cells must be taken seriously.

:

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 01:02:27 AM »
Take home message:

The use of magnetized water in the treatment of chronic disease is still in the infancy stage of investigation. It will be decades before the science of magnetized water is fully understood.

If one understands and accepts that each of our cells possess a small magnetic field, as many research studies are now supporting, the logical conclusion that magnetic water has the ability to affect our cells must be taken seriously.

This is utter garbage. Pseudo-science at it's best. Hey, Princess L, our cells use adenosine triphosphate, so drinking it would affect our cells. Hey, Princess L, our cells contain amino acids, so eating them must affect our cells.

This is garbage because, first of all, we don't even know what the significance of the fact that our cells have a magnetic field is, which means that we are unclear whether increasing or decreasing the strengh of this magnetic field would have either a positive or negative effect on our healths. Then, there's the fact that this magnetic field is created by the cell itself, and whatever electromagnetic properties a water we drink may have, it does not affect our cells in any way, shape or form.

For cake sake, you people should really enroll at a hard science or math course at university. It will do you people a helluva good in learning how to think logically and factually. The amount of pseudo-scientific nonsense you people spill is off-the-charts. I may not see eye-to-eye with Usmokepole on a lot of issues, but at least he is logical in his arguments and actually uses facts to argue his points and not make believe, just so stories.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »
  This is utter garbage. Pseudo-science at it's best. Hey, Princess L, our cells use adenosine triphosphate, so drinking it would affect our cells. Hey, Princess L, our cells contain amino acids, so eating them must affect our cells.

This is garbage because, first of all, we don't even know what the significance of the fact that our cells have a magnetic field is, which means that we are unclear whether increasing or decreasing the strengh of this magnetic field would have either a positive or negative effect on our healths. Then, there's the fact that this magnetic field is created by the cell itself, and whatever electromagnetic properties a water we drink may have, it does not affect our cells in any way, shape or form.

For cake sake, you people should really enroll at a hard science or math course at university. It will do you people a helluva good in learning how to think logically and factually. The amount of pseudo-scientific nonsense you people spill is off-the-charts. I may not see eye-to-eye with Usmokepole on a lot of issues, but at least he is logical in his arguments and actually uses facts to argue his points and not make believe, just so stories.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

SMM,

I respect your right to choose to utilize things only after they have been tested scientifically six ways from sunday.

However, I would only suggest that you actually try some and see how you feel.
See if you don't notice any difference in the way you feel, and the way your body responds.

I've drank naturally magnetized water (hand bottled) and it is amazing what an incredible difference I found.

Why not try it, ...see if you like it?
w