Author Topic: Evolution is Fact  (Read 14868 times)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: Evolution is Fact
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 05:32:54 AM »
thank you for that brilliant rebuttal complete with sources to back up your claim. ::)

I see your the only Dork on this thread that has the time or desire to search out proof sources. Dont take it so serious chief, its only the internet  ;)
X

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 08:55:14 AM »
I see your the only Dork on this thread that has the time or desire to search out proof sources. Dont take it so serious chief, its only the internet

ha ha ha, I assure you I'm not getting worked up over the uneducated opinion of an anonymous poster. I don't exactly come to Getbig to discuss evolution. It's a subject I happen to like and enjoy studying. So when I see an idiot such as yourself say "it never happened" as if your opinion holds any weight compared to the overwhelming evidence supporting evolution, I can't help but express how silly your post is. ;)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »
ha ha ha, I assure you I'm not getting worked up over the uneducated opinion of an anonymous poster. I don't exactly come to Getbig to discuss evolution. It's a subject I happen to like and enjoy studying. So when I see an idiot such as yourself say "it never happened" as if your opinion holds any weight compared to the overwhelming evidence supporting evolution, I can't help but express how silly your post is. ;)

No need to meltdown cupcake, you've obviously got your pantys in a bunch, but I honestly didnt mean to upset you. It amazes me how identical athesis and religious zelots are. Both feel the need to try and convince the world they are correct and  both have some evidence but no smoking gun. That aside, my statement is still true until proven wrong, evolution from a one celled creature to a human didnt happen because it was never proven, at least no more then religion has. Science has proven evolution in a species but thats about it and I totally agree with it. So go site some proof sources and see if surfing the net for a few hours dig anything up for you  ;)
X

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
No need to meltdown cupcake, you've obviously got your pantys in a bunch, but I honestly didnt mean to upset you. It amazes me how identical athesis and religious zelots are. Both feel the need to try and convince the world they are correct and  both have some evidence but no smoking gun. That aside, my statement is still true until proven wrong, evolution from a one celled creature to a human didnt happen because it was never proven, at least no more then religion has. Science has proven evolution in a species but thats about it and I totally agree with it. So go site some proof sources and see if surfing the net for a few hours dig anything up for you

no meltdown, just laughing at your ignorance. Evolution has been demonstrated and the historical evidence for its occurrence in the past is overwhelming. Just b/c the mechanism for evolution is too complicated for you to grasp doesn't mean it never happened.

By the way, calling someone cupcake and saying he or she has their panties is old and played out. Come up with something original. ;)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »
no meltdown, just laughing at your ignorance. Evolution has been demonstrated and the historical evidence for its occurrence in the past is overwhelming. Just b/c the mechanism for evolution is too complicated for you to grasp doesn't mean it never happened.

By the way, calling someone cupcake and saying he or she has their panties is old and played out. Come up with something original. ;)

Actually evolution from one species to another had never been proven "cupcake" Not one scientist has been able to give solid evidence that a one celled animal evolved into man. Just as no one has been able to prove the Jesus is the son of God or if their really is a God. So "untwist your pantys" sweet tits it will be ok  :D
X

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2008, 08:43:54 PM »
how convenient...any response to humungous posts and your melting down....I think he might be squadfather.
DAWG

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »
Actually evolution from one species to another had never been proven "cupcake"

actually, you're wrong. Evolution of a new species has been observed. For example, several new species of plants have arisen via polyploidy such as Primula kewensis and non-polyploidy like S. malheurensis. A new species of mosquito, the molestus form, has speciated from Culex pipiens. There is also documentation of speciation in mammals such as mice.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB910.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section5.html#speciations

Not one scientist has been able to give solid evidence that a one celled animal evolved into man.

you're wrong again. There is evidence that supports common descent from a single-celled organism. All life on Earth shares a universal genetic code. This tells us that every organism is related. In the same way as humans and chimpanzees are related except on a grander scale, we can trace our ancestry back to the last universal common ancestor (LUCA).

http://www.actionbioscience.org/newfrontiers/poolearticle.html

Just as no one has been able to prove the Jesus is the son of God or if their really is a God.

finally, something we can both agree on.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2008, 09:07:40 PM »
actually, you're wrong. Evolution of a new species has been observed. For example, several new species of plants have arisen via polyploidy such as Primula kewensis and non-polyploidy like S. malheurensis. A new species of mosquito, the molestus form, has speciated from Culex pipiens. There is also documentation of speciation in mammals such as mice.

you're wrong again. There is evidence that supports common descent from a single-celled organism. All life on Earth shares a universal genetic code. This tells us that every organism is related. In the same way as humans and chimpanzees are related except on a grander scale, we can trace our ancestry back to the last universal common ancestor (LUCA).

I think you have the word Macro mistaken for Micro braniac ;), a mosquito producing another musquito with a variation is a miocro evolution which by the way every 6 day creationist on the planet would agree with :P

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2008, 09:19:12 PM »
I think you have the word Macro mistaken for Micro braniac, a mosquito producing another musquito with a variation is a miocro evolution which by the way every 6 day creationist on the planet would agree with

microevolution = change in the gene pool within a population

macroevolution = change that results in the formation of a new species

"mosquito" is not a species just like "cat" is not a species. So saying a mosquito producing another mosquito is an example of microevolution is erroneous. By the way, thanks for the compliment. ;D

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »

Massive cut an paste skills, If I spent some time on line im sure that I could find an article the refutes this info, but I dont have the time or the desire. I have yet to hear a news flash that either one of these articles are solid proof of evolution.
X

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »
Massive cut an paste skills, If I spent some time on line im sure that I could find an article the refutes this info, but I dont have the time or the desire. I have yet to hear a news flash that either one of these articles are solid proof of evolution.

ha ha ha, epic denial of reality. I paraphrased the articles to save you time from reading. If you have an issue with something, then you're more than welcome to check my sources. Talk Origins has won many honors and praises from the most prestigious names in the scientific community including Science Magazine, Scientific American, Smithsonian Institute, and National Academy of Sciences.

Spare me your lame excuse about not having the time or desire looking online for articles. The actual reason why you don't refute what I posted is b/c you cannot. In simpler terms, you're talking out of your ass. ;)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2008, 03:46:01 AM »

u get your facts from a news flash?
DAWG

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »
ha ha ha, epic denial of reality. I paraphrased the articles to save you time from reading. If you have an issue with something, then you're more than welcome to check my sources. Talk Origins has won many honors and praises from the most prestigious names in the scientific community including Science Magazine, Scientific American, Smithsonian Institute, and National Academy of Sciences.

Spare me your lame excuse about not having the time or desire looking online for articles. The actual reason why you don't refute what I posted is b/c you cannot. In simpler terms, you're talking out of your ass. ;)

I do appreciate the paraphrase! danka!  Once again I have yet to see a headline stating that "talk origins" has solved the mystery of evolution! Neither article proves evolution from a one celled animal to man- (which never happend).

Well, I guess I could find the time, but the desire just isn't there. I'm comfortable with my personal beliefs so I dint really feel the need to prove my point. On the other hand until science comes up with a smoking gun aka the missing link evolution of man from a one celled animal is just a theory.

u get your facts from a news flash?
No, of course not but if these 2 articles were undeniable proof of evolution dint you think it make head lines? I do.
X

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2008, 07:19:03 PM »
Look its common sense that no scientific community in any type of field regards the evolution theory anything more then a theory, there are a few nut cases out there that won't settle for anyone thinking it isn't fact, but there are also people out there that think Elvis is still alive. Actually the strength of the evolution theory is in fact shortening due to rise in oppisition, at one point no one dared challanged it, it looked good and people took it serious  and now its a big joke, people don't even care about the subject anymore,so who cares? The numbers are so ridiculous that the differance between 50 000 or 5 billion doesn't concern anyone.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
I do appreciate the paraphrase! danka!  Once again I have yet to see a headline stating that "talk origins" has solved the mystery of evolution! Neither article proves evolution from a one celled animal to man- (which never happend).

Well, I guess I could find the time, but the desire just isn't there. I'm comfortable with my personal beliefs so I dint really feel the need to prove my point. On the other hand until science comes up with a smoking gun aka the missing link evolution of man from a one celled animal is just a theory.

ugh, I already explained this earlier. In science, fact and theory are 2 different things. A theory can never become fact no matter how much evidence comes forth. Your insistence that evolution never occurred b/c it hasn't been proven merely reflects your ignorance on the subject. Gravity is also a scientific theory. I suppose you don't believe in gravity either b/c it hasn't been proven?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2008, 08:47:14 PM »
ugh, I already explained this earlier. In science, fact and theory are 2 different things. A theory can never become fact no matter how much evidence comes forth. Your insistence that evolution never occurred b/c it hasn't been proven merely reflects your ignorance on the subject. Gravity is also a scientific theory. I suppose you don't believe in gravity either b/c it hasn't been proven?
You actually believe that something microscopic exploted and created matter in an instanced and this matter that was created evolved into one single chemical, as in a hydrogen atom, then somehow this hydrogen atom produced all the chemicals from the table of element including Gold, Silver, Oxygen, carbon, plutonium, and uranium via chemical evolution?  ::) ???

If this is provable then so is Santa Clause. How many billions was it again, how about the evolution of the planet and the stars and all the steller compounds found in space, and of course some non living matter turned in an organic life form obviously without anytype of observations or traces of this taken place, chemical broth turning into single celled omeoba and microscopic bacteria, I'm sorry did you observe this? NO, so how do you know this took place, it clearly doesn't happen today. Slow process huh? Macro evolution?, I know of scientest that preech with the outmost intensity the theory of evolution and they themselves will still admit this has never been observed, so ....................

WHAT PROOF ARE YOU REFERRING TOO SMART GUY, BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE POOF OF THE JFK ASSINATION.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
You actually believe that something microscopic exploted and created matter in an instanced and this matter that was created evolved into one single chemical, as in a hydrogen atom, then somehow this hydrogen atom produced all the chemicals from the table of element including Gold, Silver, Oxygen, carbon, plutonium, and uranium via chemical evolution?

for the most part, yes. I know you'll probably just laugh out of ignorance at my response. So I figured I would beat you to the punch and counter your future reply with a detailed essay defending my belief.

The prevailing theory is that quantum fluctuations in the vacuum of space were pulled far apart during the Big Bang. Normally these fluctuations result in pairs of virtual particles that come into existence briefly and then annihilate each other. However, the rapid expansion of the universe during the Big Bang separated these particle pairs before they had time to couple thus making them 'real.' The particles created by quantum fluctuations have the ability to become either matter or energy.

American Scientist
http://www.americanscientist.org/issues/feature/observing-the-beginning-of-time

Matter and energy were interchangeable during the earliest moments after the Big Bang. Colliding photons formed particle-pairs, and matter/anti-matter annihilation created photons. The very instant these photons were created, they immediately converted into matter and vice versa. It wasn't until 10-12 sec. after the Big Bang that quarks and electrons were able to exist separate from photons.

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia/Cosmos/InTheBeginning.html

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast162/Unit5/early.html

As space expanded, it began to cool down. The universe entered the nucleosynthesis epoch during which the first hydrogen atoms began to form. However, the distribution of hydrogen gas in the universe was not homogenous. Over time, regions of higher density collapsed and coalesced due to gravitational forces. These clouds of collapsing interstellar hydrogen were so massive that the gravitational forces at the center caused the atoms to ignite in a process called fusion. Thus the first stars in our universe were born.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s249630.htm

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/COMPLETE/learn/star_and_planet_formation.html

The process of fusion produces many new elements. Stars fuse hydrogen to helium, and helium to heavier atoms. Heavier elements are formed in denser areas of the star. These elements were blasted out into space when the earliest stars went supernova. There is evidence that heavy-element formation occurs in stars.

"observations in red giants of one kind of nucleus – 99technetium – provides direct evidence that heavy-element formation really does occur in stars today."

Wright Center for Science Education
http://www.tufts.edu/as/wright_center/cosmic_evolution/docs/text/text_stel_6.html

The newly formed elements that were casted into space existed in the form of rocks and gas clouds, which coalesced to form planets, moons, and other celestial bodies. It was only a matter of time before the elements released from stars gathered on one of the planets that is hospitable for life, such as Earth, and combined to form molecules that combined to form amino acids, which evolved into very simple cells, and thus life began.

cliffs:

the Big Bang caused the rapid expansion of our universe, which led to the heterogeneous distribution of hydrogen clouds that birthed stars and ultimately led to everything you see around you.

If this is provable then so is Santa Clause. How many billions was it again, how about the evolution of the planet and the stars and all the steller compounds found in space, and of course some non living matter turned in an organic life form obviously without anytype of observations or traces of this taken place, chemical broth turning into single celled omeoba and microscopic bacteria, I'm sorry did you observe this? NO, so how do you know this took place, it clearly doesn't happen today. Slow process huh? Macro evolution?, I know of scientest that preech with the utmost intensity the theory of evolution and they themselves will still admit this has never been observed, so ....................

The process you refer to by which life originated from non-living material is called abiogenesis. There are several theories that attempt to explain this process. Whether these theories are correct or not is irrelevant. The fact remains abiogenesis did occur. We had to come from somewhere. As for evolution, I already provided plenty of evidence supporting the theory.

WHAT PROOF ARE YOU REFERRING TOO SMART GUY, BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE POOF OF THE JFK ASSINATION.

refer to post #41, 43, 44, 45, and 56.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 06:32:44 AM »
You actually believe that something microscopic exploted and created matter in an instanced and this matter that was created evolved into one single chemical, as in a hydrogen atom, then somehow this hydrogen atom produced all the chemicals from the table of element including Gold, Silver, Oxygen, carbon, plutonium, and uranium via chemical evolution?  ::) ???

If this is provable then so is Santa Clause. How many billions was it again, how about the evolution of the planet and the stars and all the steller compounds found in space, and of course some non living matter turned in an organic life form obviously without anytype of observations or traces of this taken place, chemical broth turning into single celled omeoba and microscopic bacteria, I'm sorry did you observe this? NO, so how do you know this took place, it clearly doesn't happen today. Slow process huh? Macro evolution?, I know of scientest that preech with the outmost intensity the theory of evolution and they themselves will still admit this has never been observed, so ....................

wow..testy testy r we?
DAWG

Bona

• Getbig II
  • Creating Websites For Singapore
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
How do the religious people on here handle that? ???

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »
Evolution in a species I totally buy- a bird growing a longer bill because the inscets it hunts have been driven deeper into the trunk of a tree because of climate changes over a period of time. On this basis I totally agree evolution is a fact. As far as a one celled animal becomming a human over millions of years, it never happened and was never and will never be proven- fact

brutal retort.

why do you resist evolution? you do realize much of modern medicine rests upon the assumptions and evidence of evolution. That evolution or macroevolution for your delight can be witnessed in bacterium and viral microbes. Antibiotic resistant strains emerge from this phenomenon such that the original infectious agent bears little to the original offender. this is the quickest and easiest example of evolution one can find, generations can be hyper-reproduced to afford us a multitude of generations in a short period, look at tuberculosis and its evolving pattern.

read some science.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »
We evolved from Neanderthal and Cromagnans. We have proof they were of the species homo sapiens, but I'm sure Adam wasn't.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2008, 12:17:34 PM »
We evolved from Neanderthal and Cromagnans. We have proof they were of the species homo sapiens, but I'm sure Adam wasn't.

Huh?

We definitely didn't evolve from Neanderthals.

They existed during the lifetime of our own species therefore cannot possibly be an ancestor.

Chimps also aren't an ancestor, but we share a common, recent ancestor. In regards to Neanderthals, we also share a common, but even more recent ancestor.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2008, 10:19:05 PM »
Huh?

We definitely didn't evolve from Neanderthals.

They existed during the lifetime of our own species therefore cannot possibly be an ancestor.

Chimps also aren't an ancestor, but we share a common, recent ancestor. In regards to Neanderthals, we also share a common, but even more recent ancestor.
LOL man i cant believe this thread is still going man

Neanderthals are more of a uncle or aunt to us than i direct parent if that makes sense but there are theories out there that say they might have interbreed with cro mangion and are in our lineage today...red hair is thought by some to be a neanderthal trait

Again though believing in evolution doesnt mean you cant believe in God.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
LOL man i cant believe this thread is still going man

Neanderthals are more of a uncle or aunt to us than i direct parent if that makes sense but there are theories out there that say they might have interbreed with cro mangion and are in our lineage today...red hair is thought by some to be a neanderthal trait

Again though believing in evolution doesnt mean you cant believe in God.

Red hair has been proven not to have been inherited from the Neanderthal gene pool due to the fact that the mutations causing red hair in Homo sapiens and Neanderthals occurs in different places.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »
Red hair has been proven not to have been inherited from the Neanderthal gene pool due to the fact that the mutations causing red hair in Homo sapiens and Neanderthals occurs in different places.
what do you mean by different places?