Author Topic: big arms-the journey and the reality  (Read 2459 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
big arms-the journey and the reality
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:01:06 PM »
when i was growing up i made a list of all the dreams i wanted to happen to me
my top dreams in no particular order were
get a hotub in my backyard so i could sit in it when it was snowing out
meet jean claude van damme
meet arnold
get big arms

ive done all except hottub and van damme but the reason i make this post has to do w/ big arms
i was always skinny growing up and when i began to weight train i grow quick except for my arms
around 18 i began trying to grow my arms bigger...and lets say i go about it all wrong
i had no mind muscle connections
my diets was bad i did not eat enough of the good fats or eeven enougn carbs

but there was a silver lining to my storm cloud that follow me around i had a lot of good mentors in the gym and the karate school i trained at...
i would ask all the big guys how to get the big arms...the guns lol
whenever they would go to the gym i would ask to go w/ them to watch them train arms and learn their tricks

we had 1 guy...robert...he was from poland and he was in amazing shape.not an ounce of fat on him...he had to be at least 230lbs...huge arms very good man...he taught me many good tricks in the gym to get good arms like doing chins and holding dumbells near the edge not in middle...try it it works

there was a big bodybuilder who train at the dojo when i was there...jim was name...he would tell me story of mixing ice cream into his shakes and eating a jar of peanut butter during the day...i would ask him how do u drink all the gallon in 1 day and he would tell me to just drink...when i sit on sofa to watch my stories just drink away

he asked me to go to gym 1 time w/ him and i ask him many questions-anything that come to mind i ask him
he never ask me to go again w/ him but i knew his routines and scheduele so i always show up when he there and i observe and learn...he was also in amazing amazing shape

the big arms were my life and i would have given ANYTHING to have them...

now it is 2008 and i have the big arms i always desire...sure people give me compliment all the time and when working out they get great but now that i have them they dont seem so cool anymore

do u guys have similar experiences where u work so hard to get something but once u get its not all thats it crack up to be?
if so please share
take care

w

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: big arms-the journey and the reality
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
That's too much for me to read but I too wanted a to sit in a hot tub while it's snowing. 

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »
meet arnold
get big arms

ive done all except hottub and van damme but the reason i make this post has to do w/ big arms
i was always skinny growing up and when i began to weight train i grow quick except for my arms
around 18 i began trying to grow my arms bigger...and lets say i go about it all wrong

but there was a silver lining to my storm cloud that follow me around i had a lot of good mentors in the gym and the karate school i trained at...
whenever they would go to the gym i would ask to go w/ them to watch them train arms and learn their tricks

we had 1 guy...robert...he was from poland and he was in amazing shape.not an ounce of fat on him...he had to be at least 230lbs...huge arms very good man...he taught me many good tricks in the gym to get good arms like doing chins and holding dumbells near the edge not in middle...try it it works

there was a big bodybuilder who train at the dojo when i was there...jim was name...he would tell me story of mixing ice cream into his shakes and eating a jar of peanut butter during the day...i would ask him how do u drink all the gallon in 1 day and he would tell me to just drink...when i sit on sofa to watch my stories just drink away

he asked me to go to gym 1 time w/ him and i ask him many questions-anything that come to mind i ask him
he never ask me to go again w/ him but i knew his routines and scheduele so i always show up when he there and i observe and learn...he was also in amazing amazing shape

now it is 2008 and i have the big arms i always desire...sure people give me compliment all the time and when working out they get great but now that i have them they dont seem so cool anymore

do u guys have similar experiences where u work so hard to get something but once u get its not all thats it crack up to be?
if so please share
take care

the grass is always greener

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »
i like natural wonders style of posting he is very informative and positive
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 05:47:00 PM »
I noticed something similar but instead of it not being all it's cracked up to be, I want it to get even better. 

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »
Okay, how did you transform your arms please....

Alex23

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:32 PM »
Post some pics BLuto.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 09:19:25 PM »
meet arnold
get big arms

if so please share
take care

Hi Greg Valentino!   :D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »
hello to everyone thanx for  comments
i was hesitant at first to post my  story but i decided what the hell

to answer question of bigant the professional i finalloy leave my ego at door and trian with lighter wieghts(not baby weights but rather weights that i use good form on) and more intensity for all sets!!
i do skullcrushers for long time but all i egt instea dof big tris was creaky tired elbow so i drop that exercise
i try not to do 2 many set and with good food a;long the way i get the arms i dreamed of
theyre still not as big as i want them but i have a freind on my side...his name is father time
w

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 07:54:12 AM »
Dreadlord incoming. ETA 5...4...3...2...1

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 08:00:17 AM »

dreadlord aint showing up
he a punk bitch
ive been playing him like a stinking harp from hell
w

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
Bigger arms don't make you punch harder.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15:50 AM »
good stuff NW.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 08:20:28 AM »
w

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 08:49:17 AM »

Zero  :D

First Don now ROb - this fugazy is one hell of a bullshit artist.
I notice natfag83 is now careful to log on when I'm not here  ;D

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 08:59:37 AM »
meet arnold
get big arms

if so please share
take care

Livin the dream!Woohoo!

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 09:03:49 AM »
Livin the dream!Woohoo!

Heh
Living the delusion is more like it. He comes up with the most boring pointless drivel on getbig
Makes it easier for me to taunt him though ;D

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 09:05:41 AM »
Heh
Living the delusion is more like it. He comes up with the most boring pointless drivel on getbig
Makes it easier for me to taunt him though ;D
That guys a Phucking Sap...

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »

I notice natfag83 is now careful to log on when I'm not here  ;D

Which only gives him a 6 hr window

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »
;D ;D ;D

I wonder when he'll log back on as bluto.

:D

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 09:23:51 AM »
I want to be BIG in clothes thats my dream.

But after seeing Big Ron at 290pounds 2 olympias ago looking like 180pounds in that olympia outfit, I dont know  ;D

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »
Okay; lighten the weights, up the intensity, use the best form....what about exercise selection?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 11:13:20 AM »
i do skullcrushers for long time but all i egt instea dof big tris was creaky tired elbow so i drop that exercise

If you want big arms, lying extensions behind the head and standing and preacher curls, all of them with a slight cheat at the beginning, are the bottom line. Sore elbows are a common problem but can be avoided by finding the right variation that works for you, and by using moderate reps with heavy weight, not low reps with pounderous weight.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=230523.0

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
My favorite exercise to shock my arms into new growth has always been superslow chinups and dips on the assisted chin machine.  5 seconds up, 5 seconds down. Because it's high intensity don't do any more than 3 sets of each.  Doing these twice a week for a month or so always gets things growing again after I reach a plateau.