Author Topic: Did you wonder what happened to Carter at the DNC?  (Read 741 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Did you wonder what happened to Carter at the DNC?
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »
He was announced to speak.  Then it didn't happen and there was a quick interview but no Carter...  Rumor is and was reported on democracy now that he was sidelined last minute do to his Palestinian position.  Now when Israeli interests trump a president at the convention... That speaks volumes...  Its insane that a former president doesn't get a speaking slot at the convention.  Especially when he was announced as coming up.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Did you wonder what happened to Carter at the DNC?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:00:26 PM »
Obama doesn't want to appear weak.

I mean, wasn't that one of the factors in picking Biden?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
Obama doesn't want to appear weak.

I mean, wasn't that one of the factors in picking Biden?

That has nothing to do with weakness. It's probably more about consistence.
Obama could be sending a clear message about where he stands on Palestinian / Israeli relations.  ???

In any event, not having a former President speak at the convention will probably become routine.

I can see many Republican conventions in the years to come taking place without GWB.
Look how many Republican candidates in the mid terms didn't even want him campaigning for them
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »
That has nothing to do with weakness. It's probably more about consistence.
Obama could be sending a clear message about where he stands on Palestinian / Israeli relations.  ???

In any event, not having a former President speak at the convention will probably become routine.

I can see many Republican conventions in the years to come taking place without GWB.
Look how many Republican candidates in the mid terms didn't even want him campaigning for them

I disagree.

The Republican candidates that didn't want GWB campaigning with them wanted to distance themselves from him.

Carter is weak. He is seen as weak. Obama does not want to be associated with a man who is remembered as a weak President.

Just my two cents.  :)