Author Topic: Rec drugs and training  (Read 2827 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Rec drugs and training
« on: August 27, 2008, 02:02:13 AM »
How bad is coke for training, after a weekend session i always have a crap week of workouts, someone told me it actually eats into muscle.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Rec drugs and training
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 02:05:08 AM »
Drop the habit, junkie... ::)
No doubt about it...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:05:46 AM »
Drop the habit, junkie... ::)

agreed.

drugs are for insecure losers.

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:20:41 AM »
If I was you i would stop as soon as you can. I know it is hard b/c i used to do prescription pills all the fucking time. My workouts suffered greatly from it. I had to make a choice between lifting and being healthy or getting fucked up all the time and have shitty WO.
J

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »
I would say moderate use might not be too bad. But in more frequent use, you may affect both your sleep, and your food intake, and possibly your hormone levels (due to sleep patterns being interrupted), all of which, when combined with drinking are clearly not overly good for growth. But I think if you can keep it to a few moderate sessions once or twice a month it might not be too bad.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 08:37:18 AM »
Yup, you're a warrior alright.  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »
Gib, do you believe that bullshit?

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:35:38 AM »
rec drugs will eventually catch up with you and you will get hooked..its a no win situation. i would stay completely clear of them altogether
irongearco.com

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:38:32 AM »
agreed.

drugs are for insecure losers.

U ever tried coke? ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 01:44:58 PM »
Moderation and some adequate recovery time afterwards will address the problem.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 02:48:16 PM »
Rec drugs and bb don't mix. You are confused about what you want in life if you do both.
I am a big baby

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 02:52:50 PM »
Rec drugs and bb don't mix. You are confused about what you want in life if you do both.

That's not the impression I got after hearing what goes on at the Post Olympia parties.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »
That's not the impression I got after hearing what goes on at the Post Olympia parties.
You can consider the pros junkies. They are definately not into health.
I am a big baby

BAZZERKER

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »
well i gotta say you can def manage a coke binge and still stay in shape if  you keep it to one nite a wk and make sure your next day is a rest day. when i do the friday thinng my saturday is shot and sunday isnt a picnic either... I also got into a two g every other day habbit for three months a while ago and i shrank like no other and everyone noticed and i got zero sleep and ate either like shit or nothing, still held down a 40 hour job with ease.
 Ive been off the shit for a while now and i gotta admit i am way stronger and bigger. but fuck man i did a ton of coke with a ton of bitches and i wouldnt trade that shit in for anything. just gotta now how to control it.
I

Siphon77

• Getbig II
  • Yoda is my love child
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »
Vagenius probably where's rollerblades while squatting as well. 

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »
well i gotta say you can def manage a coke binge and still stay in shape if  you keep it to one nite a wk and make sure your next day is a rest day. when i do the friday thinng my saturday is shot and sunday isnt a picnic either... I also got into a two g every other day habbit for three months a while ago and i shrank like no other and everyone noticed and i got zero sleep and ate either like shit or nothing, still held down a 40 hour job with ease.
 Ive been off the shit for a while now and i gotta admit i am way stronger and bigger. but fuck man i did a ton of coke with a ton of bitches and i wouldnt trade that shit in for anything. just gotta now how to control it.
Epic rationalization of a drug habit. Funny shit right there "control it". Bwhhahahhha, oh boy another person in control of a drug.
I am a big baby

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
Epic rationalization of a drug habit. Funny shit right there "control it". Bwhhahahhha, oh boy another person in control of a drug.

What, are you pissed bcause Derek said he would not bust a nut in your mouth>>>??

Bwhahahahahhahaha....... ......Elite, youre such fucking homo!

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
I get a nice buzz doing from shrooms sometimes before doing dead lifts and power cleans. Always makes the workouts more interesting.

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
eating shrooms before a wo that does sound interesting, might have to try that out some day. LOL
J

skipope007

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »
I smoke pot at night a few hours before bed and just like one bowl.  It helps me eat more food and that's a good think because I love protein shakes and fat free cottage cheese when I'm high.  Coke is bad for a lot of reason but mainly because if you do it all night and don't sleep you hibernate the next day and I never anything when I'm sleeping off a coke binge and you sure don't eat when you're on it.  Just never more than a gram every once in a while and you're fine as long as you're not up all night and sleeping all day.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »
eating shrooms before a wo that does sound interesting, might have to try that out some day. LOL

Cardio would be doable but doing power cleans like Marcus would be suicide.  Unless your just doing the bar.

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 09:36:17 PM »
yea, i would be afraid if i did coke and cardio together i would have a heart attack. I'll smoke weed sometimes before a WO, it helps me focus until my buzz wears off, but it doesnt make me lazy.
J

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »
Haha I was kidding about the shrooms. I wouldn't mind trying them once if I'm just hanging out w/friends. Last thing I'd want to do is hallucinate while lifting.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »
How bad is coke for training, after a weekend session i always have a crap week of workouts, someone told me it actually eats into muscle.

:-[
Before

After

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 10:07:47 PM »
That dude had so much potential.