Author Topic: Dexter will win Olympia  (Read 2560 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Dexter will win Olympia
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:41 AM »
How could he not?

1-Jay and Dexter (dex specifically) have been interacting more for the fans. Not necessarily just the few videos they have made for comedy, but even in the Lon Teper interview with jay we just saw, more emphasis was place upon the "big two" seeming to be dexter and jay.

2-Since an significant amount of "in tune" fans agree that its politics, then one cannot necessarily "simply disregard" this possibility as bullshit. I think theres a LOT MORE fans that would prefer NOT to see jay win again than there are fans who want him to. The same package; No vascularity, unpleasant midsection (one cannot claim this actually LOOKS GOOD. Perhaps alone, but not when standing next to dex) Big. Blocky. Huge head cartoon. No disrespect to jay, nor am i claiming dex has a pretty boy face, but the whole "American kid" style jay employs is old.

3-Both MUSCLETECH endorsees, right? So, what loss would it mean to muscletech? (100,000 by jay or dex. No difference)

4-THIS WONT AFFECT JAY IN ANY WAY MONITARILY. He's muscletechs biggest asset, they wont let him get fucked. Duh

5- Racial "equalization"- black man winning 8 olympias in a row, then white man repeating the same pattern. JUST a thought. They maybe could draw more fans of diff races if a black man won again. Has a mexican ever one olympia?

m8

• Getbig V
Re: Dexter will win Olympia
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »
No.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »
No.

Your not capable of producing an informative, relative opposing comment.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:03 AM »
i concur boonstack.

dex should have won it last year also, and got 2nd in every mr o since 2003  8)
175lbs by 31st July

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »
if dex were to win the olympia, i think it would of happened by now, unless he's made some significant improvements (which i cant see any that needs to be made) he will be a runner up.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
no he won't still to small. don't get me wrong he is a great bber but he simply does not have the size to stand next to jay or wolf for the matter.. a few more years and he won;t be able to hang with phil either
irongearco.com

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 10:28:37 AM »
if dex were to win the olympia, i think it would of happened by now, unless he's made some significant improvements (which i cant see any that needs to be made) he will be a runner up.

You cant be suggesting HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS has anything to do with it can you? If so, then why the hell is JAY winner? I can name 5 other top pros that SMOKE HIM, dex included.

DOnt give me the "MASS GAME" bs.. People that have this theory usually dont know more in depth about it than what they read from bb.com forums or what they "hear".

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
no he won't still to small. don't get me wrong he is a great bber but he simply does not have the size to stand next to jay or wolf for the matter.. a few more years and he won;t be able to hang with phil either

bodybuilding is about more than size - hope this helps  :-*
175lbs by 31st July

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »
You cant be suggesting HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS has anything to do with it can you? If so, then why the hell is JAY winner? I can name 5 other top pros that SMOKE HIM, Dex included.

one would hope so, but i just don't see Dex winning, i think that it would be really good for the sport to have a smaller competitor  win the Olympia.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:54 AM »
You cant be suggesting HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS has anything to do with it can you? If so, then why the hell is JAY winner? I can name 5 other top pros that SMOKE HIM, dex included.

DOnt give me the "MASS GAME" bs.. People that have this theory usually dont know more in depth about it than what they read from bb.com forums or what they "hear".

[/quote

i dont believe that i said anything about "MASS GAME".

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 10:32:29 AM »
Jay all the way. He is a great Mr O. Dexter is a shitbag of a person and they don't want a black guy. Dexter would do nothing for the sport.
Jay would have to look truly terrible to be denied his 3rd.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 10:33:29 AM »

[/quote

i dont believe that i said anything about "MASS GAME".

you didnt HAVE to say anything. If you implied JAY was going to win, then it was already established thats what u were referring to.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »
THE PERCEPTION AND THE REALITY OF WHAT MR OLYIMPIA IS 2 DIFFERENT THINGS,AND IDEALS.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 10:35:03 AM »
you didnt HAVE to say anything. If you implied JAY was going to win, then it was already established thats what u were referring to.
[/quote\\\

don't assume to know what i am referring just ask next time if you want to know.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »
Jay all the way. He is a great Mr O. Dexter is a shitbag of a person and they don't want a black guy. Dexter would do nothing for the sport.

Why you think he is GREAT? (i dont mean to start shit, just logical arguments)

1- Personality? Yes, he is a great "conservative" mr. olympia, and person in general. I give him that, great guy. But, RONNie was great, haney was a nice guy im sure, basically "it only goes so far" i would think. Its like OK jay we "get it", you are nice. We like you. What about something new that would promote controversy in the game? It cant just be "at home family" politics that support it forever.

He ALWAYS looks terrible. Sure, huge and looks damn impressive, not taking away that, he is awesome. But, NO VASCULARITY. NO DEEP STRIATIONS. NONE. So, why would u say this? (relative to other competitors i mean)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 10:37:32 AM »
[/quote\\\

don't assume to know what i am referring just ask next time if you want to know.

ok "brent" ::)

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:34 AM »
Your not capable of producing an informative, relative opposing comment.

Look at the picture I posted. It's all you need to know.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »

i used to think dex and jay were both very dull and boring, i've never watched a jay dvd more than once because of his dull, boring personality.

i also rercently purchased dex's new dvd and i can honestly say it was the most boring dvd ever, i almost fell asleep, he hardly talks, and when he does its about nothing interesting.

however whenever i see interviews with them off season they seem much more interesting and fun.

squadfathersweetmuscle, why do you think dex is a shitbag?

175lbs by 31st July

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 10:44:17 AM »
I have heard nothing but bad shit about Dexter. Obviously this is only anecdotal and word of mouth stuff but it's all bad.

I like Jay because the guy is articulate and can talk properly. He lives a decent life and is a family man. He's white and has blonde hair too. Seriously, I think he's a better role model and spokeperson for the sport than anyone else. In terms of broadening the appeal of bodybuilding and making it less of a freak/f.aggot/ ethnic minorities pastime then I think he's the best possible. I also think he looks pretty good. He was off last year but his mass is remarkable. Particularly for a white guy.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
Why is everyone discussing this topic as if the Olympia is a true contest?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »
Dex will never win an Olympia, end of discussion.  Look at the past 20 years of judging and you'll see why Dex won't ever win.  If judges wanted that look, then Sean Ray would have been a multiple Mr. O winner, but he never was.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »
Keep dreaming it's Cutlers to lose ::)

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 10:47:06 AM »
Dexter's best was probably at this year's Arnold, so if it's ever going to happen, this is the year.  It all comes down to Jay's conditioning, if he comes in like last year there will be a new champion even if it's not Dexter. 

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 10:48:37 AM »
I absolutey 100% agree with you. Look, sure he is fucking insane, he is one of my absolute favs. I did not mean to come off that i was not a fan, he is the best "candidate" for appealing to the 'good people' of america. I "get" what you are saying. But, one cannot claim that OTHER pros standing side by side with jay dont kill him. Sure, there are plenty of others that dont. But, Toney Freeman, Vic (when good), WOLF (HOW THE FUCK DID HE NOT WIN!?!?!), countless other "top" competitors". So, its not because he has the absolute BEST physique.

leon

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 12:25:18 PM »
Give Jay his third Sandow and let him retire. Problem solved.