Author Topic: Dorian Yates at his best VS Nasser El Sonbaty at his best : Who would win?  (Read 33701 times)

m8

• Getbig V
I have watched the video of the show at least ten times over as well as the pics available, and there's no question that Dorian won that show easily.

I wouldn't say easily, as it was the closest show by far but he was definitely the best man overall that night.

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
dorian did probably have the better physique as per the ifbb judging criteria.  but who here looks at the two and honestly thinks dorian looks better?  dorian may achieve a higher score in bodybuilding competition due to the nature of the scoring system, but nasser undoubtedly has the physique that's better to look at.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
dorian did probably have the better physique as per the ifbb judging criteria.  but who here looks at the two and honestly thinks dorian looks better?  dorian may achieve a higher score in bodybuilding competition due to the nature of the scoring system, but nasser undoubtedly has the physique that's better to look at.

If that's the case then there is something seriously wrong with the judging criteria.

And Cuda by top tier I mean top 5-6, he was in the top tier in 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, and 2000 - so six years.  During 4 of those 6 six years he beat Levrone and Ray more often than not, and during the first 2-3 of those years he beat Wheeler more often that not.  Each of Wheeler, Levrone and Ray also had their bad shows too where they placed around 10th. 

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Dorian - 6
Nasshole - 0

is this too difficult for you to accept?

If that's the case then there is something seriously wrong with the judging criteria.

And Cuda by top tier I mean top 5-6, he was in the top tier in 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, and 2000 - so six years.  During 4 of those 6 six years he beat Levrone and Ray more often than not, and during the first 2-3 of those years he beat Wheeler more often that not.  Each of Wheeler, Levrone and Ray also had their bad shows too where they placed around 10th. 

suckmymuscle

Get over it, loser. The bottom line is that Dorian is a six-time Olympian while your man crush is a zero. The end. Dorian is regarded by FLEX Magazine as one of four greatest bodybuilders ever, while your boy is nowhere in the list.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Tigerman

• Getbig III

Shawn Ray never placed below 5th.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Dorian Yates at his best VS Nasser El Sonbaty at his best : Who would win?
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2008, 10:53:26 PM »
At their best?!..
So let's say Dorian of Mr. Olympia 1993 vs. Nasser of Arnold Classic 1998..
Dorian: I can't say he was at his best at Mr. Olympia 1995 because of his left bi..
Nasser: he himself stated in Flex Magazine that AC 1998 could be his best shape up to date..

Body Parts:
Traps: draw..
Shoulders: Nasser..
Biceps: Nasser..
Triceps: Dorian..
Forearms: Dorian..
Chest: Nasser..
Abs: Nasser..
Quads: Nasser..
Hams: Nasser..
Back: Dorian..
Calves: Dorian..

Poses:
Front Double Biceps: Nasser..
Rear Lat Spread: Dorian..
Side Chest: Nasser..
Rear Double Biceps: Dorian..
Rear Lat Spread: Dorian..
Side Triceps: Dorian..
Abs & thighs: Nasser..

According to my above opinion Nasser had 6 body parts over Dorian while Dorian had only 4 over him but still I believe Dorian of 93 would beat Nasser of 98.. This is because in 93 Dorian didn't have any weak point, even his muscles that were not as good as Nasser's were still good.. On the other side Nasser at his best in 98 still had a clear weak point which was for sure his back.. Yes his back in 96, 97, or, 98 was not horrible but still it was not close to any of the other top pros (except Paul Dellit whose back was even worse than Nasser's).. And here we are comparing him (Nasser) with Dorian who -in my opinion- had the best back ever.. If this over all comparison was with other top pros who had good backs like Ray or Leverone I may have chosen Nasser but Dorian's back was something else, specially at his best.. Still in this comparison if Nasser had Ray's back for example (which was not as good as Dorian's) he would beat Dorian in the over all.. Ray's back was not as good as Dorian's but still it was very good and at a close level to Dorian's..

I stated that Dorian was better in both the rear biceps and lat spread poses although the rear view of Nasser's arms, shoulders, hams were always better while Dorian was better in only the back and may be calves (still Nasser's calves were from the best ever).. But we can't deny that the back is the most eye catcher and important muscle from the rear, it's a big set that contains many sub muscles and having it bad would destroy the whole view even if you had good arms, hams, and, calves..

The above was an imaginary comparison between Dorian 93 and Nasser 98 but in reality there were more than one contest that Nasser deserved to beat Dorian.. Here I mean Mr. O. 96 and of course Mr. O. 97.. At Mr. Olympia 1997 Nasser received one of the biggest injustice in the history of bodybuilding.. Also may be the English GP in 1996..

Sherief Shalaby.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2008, 12:58:56 AM »
If it's about comparing people in their primes, then nasser should not be in this argument.....I can think of many others who have an actual case

Ronnie
 Arnold
 Wheeler
 Haney
 Cormier
 Jay
 Shawn Ray
 Levrone

Were talking BBer's in their PRIME....

Nasser....why is this also-ran in peoples head-space?.....sure, a good BBer but no one will remember his name in 10 years....please lets get some perspective

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2008, 01:20:13 AM »
The 3rd boob from Total Recall. 

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2008, 01:23:41 AM »
At they're respective bests = Dorian.
The last few years of Dorians Mr Olympia's = Nasser.

No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2008, 01:31:41 AM »
Shawn Ray never placed below 5th.

yes he did

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2008, 01:37:01 AM »
I can understand the "Yates vs Coleman" debate even though I think nobody will be able to clearly end it. But Yates vs Nasser? WTF! Nasser might have been impressive, even at his best he could never touch Yates in 92,93 and 95. He could have rightfully won in 97 but Yates winning is not such a scandal either. Yates at his best is way above Nasser.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:10 AM »
Sherief Shalaby = the new gimmick account?
Desperation must run high

:D