Author Topic: Dorian Yates at his best VS Nasser El Sonbaty at his best : Who would win?  (Read 33890 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
If critieria was soley contest placings there would be no need to even discuss any bodybuilding contest placings are black and white.  

And Yates was favoured largely because he was friends with many figures in the IFBB as well as judges.

I always laugh at the default excuse , politics lol Steve Weinberger was Yates close friend and he judged Yates just once and place him second , so much for that theory

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Yates is getting owned so bad in this thread its not even funny  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
He beat Flex, just not according to the biased judges who, being American, naturally gave a bit of a preference to an American like Flex.

See when you make comments like these the debate ends because you're reaching

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

I'm sure you believe this , but like the Coleman fans your opinions never coincide with how the judges feel and like the Coleman fans when you can't offer up any explanation you rely on politics , its ok Nasser was a great bodybuilder , Yates was simply better.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
See when you make comments like these the debate ends because you're reaching

Do you think if the contest was held in Egypt or Yugoslavia with local judges of those nationalities they would still place Flex ahead?  ::)

England_1

• Getbig IV
Do you think if the contest was held in Egypt or Yugoslavia with local judges of those nationalities they would still place Flex ahead?  ::)

Yep. Arnold even commented that Flex was "flawless" at the 1997 AC. Nasser had no back.
Team Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Do you think if the contest was held in Egypt or Yugoslavia with local judges of those nationalities they would still place Flex ahead?  ::)

Yes if they did their jobs sure if they could separate partriotism from whats is before them

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

I'd rrather get owned on a message board 13 years later than on stage when it counts. :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
See here is an example of how pictures can be misleading you can see in the bottom pic the difference in arms seems dramatic and from another angle its another story , the top pic Yates' biceps/triceps look comparable to Nassers although smaller and they should be he's much lighter however its still different from the bottom pic and the size of the forearms is clearly in Yates' favor

the_swami

• Getbig IV
the only pose Yates beats Nasser on is the BDB
and only becos his back is about 10% drier than Nasser

ALL other poses NAsser is killing Dorian

especially, FBD, FLS, AB + thigh, MM, side chest, side triceps

yates won becos he fellated mcgough and ben weider and was their willing sodomite................ deal with it

bigbobs

• Getbig V
See here is an example of how pictures can be misleading you can see in the bottom pic the difference in arms seems dramatic and from another angle its another story , the top pic Yates' biceps/triceps look comparable to Nassers although smaller and they should be he's much lighter however its still different from the bottom pic and the size of the forearms is clearly in Yates' favor

Yates' biceps and triceps are NOT comparable to Nasser's in this shot.

Nasser's arms there look like an anatomy chart here, much more detailed.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Yates' biceps and triceps are NOT comparable to Nasser's in this shot.

Nasser's arms there look like an anatomy chart here, much more detailed.

Biceps NO triceps yes and I was talking about size wise compared to the other pic and you can't neglect forearms either and even entertaining your claim it moot because he falls flat on his face in the entire back department which a much larger and complex group so either way you're out of luck.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Biceps NO triceps yes and I was talking about size wise compared to the other pic and you can't neglect forearms either and even entertaining your claim it moot because he falls flat on his face in the entire back department which a much larger and complex group so either way you're out of luck.

Since when was a contest judged based on forearms and back?  What about delts, arms, quads, hams, chest, and abs?  Nasser beat Dorian in all of those departments.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Since when was a contest judged based on forearms and back?  What about delts, arms, quads, hams, chest, and abs?  Nasser beat Dorian in all of those departments.

I never claimed any contest was judged on parts in fact I've said to ad nasuem all rounds are physique rounds , density & dryness , muscular bulk , balance , posing , presentation , completeness are ALL judged in every single pose from every single angle and while Nasser may match or beat Yates in PARTS of the criteria as a whole he doesn't its that simple

Nasser's main problem was his back which is a major liability compared to someone who has the best , and his conditioning was hit or miss this will separate anyone from first and second

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
I'd rrather get owned on a message board 13 years later than on stage when it counts. :)

damn that was painful lol

keanu

• Getbig IV
Great post ! pumpster is infamous for claiming the Weider's hand picked Yates for marketing reasons lol they did a great job a homely pasty Brit with an unaesthetic physique lol

If the Mr. Olympia was based on marketing Bob Paris and Gunter S would both be 10X Mr. Olympia. You are correct. Dorian didn't have the looks, the personality, or anything related to marketing the Weider machine. Dorian at his worst beat everyone else at their best handily according to the judging criteria.

Do I like Dorian's physique? Nope. Get as huge as possible while maintaining washboard abs was what it used to be about. Dorian made popular a look that ruined bodybuilding. He brought the era of the bulging mid section to bodybuilding. Guys like Nasser and Wheeler then brought in the valvolino era. Absolutely ruined things. Bodybuilding ended with Haney.

bigbobs

• Getbig V

I'd rather be the one who gets owned on stage if it means not having IFBB-judge-semen-breath 13 years later like Yates still does.  ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Some more good comparisons

m8

• Getbig V

Dorian wins both of these shots. Damn his conditioning was out of this world. He made nearly everyone look soft in comparison.

England_1

• Getbig IV

Awesome shots. Those are the best quality photos I've seen from 95. Do you have the rest of the set?
Team Yates

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
A fairer argument could be made for Nasser vs Strydom, as they both had no back, infact i would go as far as to say that Strydom when he won the WBF title looked far better than what Nasser ever did. Nasser was a great bodybuilder and a cool guy back in the day, but he had no Back, Doz had weaker arms well bis really a lot easier to hide than an entire back, only a yates hater would find an arguement, Nasser was all class till he turned around.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
I think we can all agree that judging a bodybuilding show is very subjective in nature and therefore judges' opinions are not the end all, otherwise there would be no speculation on whether judging is fair or any discussion of contest results on this forum.  If Nasser was not in the same league as Yates then ND would not have created this thread.  I think the strongest evidence that Yates was favoured was the 97 Olympia, and many experts in the industry and fans alike would agree that was not a fair decision.

I think Yates deserved his first 3 Olympias, and after that he had the momentum to his side of being the reigning Mr. Olympia, similar to how the judges favoured Cutler even though most would fee he did not deserve the 07 Olympia.

True, Nasser's placings did drop in his later years, but regardless he was still a first-tier competitor for six consecutive years.  He had already made his mark in the sport so it doesn't really matter how he placed after that.  Just like we don't judge Tyson on his last few fights because he already made his mark in the sport.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
The simple fact is Nasser never beat Yates. Torn biceps would not stop any bodybuilder winning an Olympia, same as having small calves wouldn't(Coleman has shit calves and won 8!)
Dorian has insane density and dryness. He could come in huge and cut. Nasser often looked very soft from the back.

Nasser had no back, synthol in his shoulders and biceps, starred as George in Seinfeld and sells his worn panties online - this is not Mr O material!

Tigerman

• Getbig III
Dorian would beat Nasser at their respective bests, but at the 97 O. Nasser was robbed big time.
I also think that Nasser could have been better in some of his Olympia shows if he was not competing year-round. Every year Dorian was focusing on just one show, and yet he managed to get injured several times. I respect Dorian as a champion but we have seen him at his best only a couple of times in his short career.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

Nasser had no back, synthol in his shoulders and biceps, starred as George in Seinfeld and sells his worn panties online - this is not Mr O material!

This is Mr O(wning) material
 :D