Author Topic: wtf is he saying?  (Read 4703 times)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
wtf is he saying?
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:09:26 PM »
 ;D

h

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: wtf is he saying?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:12:16 PM »
one of the few times I've heard him speak German.

Wonder if his kids can speak it.

I doubt it.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:14:47 PM »
EXCELLENT choice of pants.
Deep Tissue Massage

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »
I can only pick up on some of it as I took German in high school. But they are speaking too fast to catch it. Would be interesting to watch one of his movies in German.
h

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »
It say's "I've got the Americians right where I want them. They have no clue what I'm going to do if I'm the President one day! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! We will soon rule the USA! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:55:06 AM »
Austrian and german is the same language? Serious question.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:59:25 AM »

yes, serious answer

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 10:01:43 AM »

i doubt if "austrian" is a language just as "brazilian" isnt a language.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:08:26 AM »
Issa fahntaaahstic feelin to hahhve a box office hit!
Issa fahntaaahstic movie, both the critics and the fahns think its fahntaaahstic!
They hahven found a stahhnmahhn wis so much maaahscle as me, so I had to do al the staahnts!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »
i doubt if "austrian" is a language just as "brazilian" isnt a language.

Of course Austrian is a language, not our fault that the Germans couldn't come up with their own language.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »
"Thats not change....thats the same"
L

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
One of his biographies mentioned that he speaks German whenever he's around his buddies from yesteryear- Franco, Moeller, etc.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »
One of his biographies mentioned that he speaks German whenever he's around his buddies from yesteryear- Franco, Moeller, etc.

He speaks German to Franko in Pumping Iron. After a few reps of him spotting Franko on the bench he says (in German): "that's enough for today", which Franco responds to with "take the weight off, bitch".

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 10:23:18 AM »
He speaks German to Franko in Pumping Iron. After a few reps of him spotting Franko on the bench he says (in German): "that's enough for today", which Franco responds to with "take the weight off, bitch".

Yeah- I remember reading that his mom barely speaks english and has a tough time when she visits him in the US.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 10:24:57 AM »
Yeah, those pants are just fantastic

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »
Austrian is a German dialect. Like Mexican (or new world) Spanish is a dialect of European Spanish. Both have the same root.  Colloquialisms, like local expressions or slang, are part of a dialect. England says lorry, Americans say truck for example.

Which really does not explain the green pants that Arnold is wearing. Or was he way ahead of the greening of America? And all that money he was going to get.
F

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 10:34:29 AM »
Austrian is a German dialect. Like Mexican (or new world) Spanish is a dialect of European Spanish. Both have the same root.  Colloquialisms, like local expressions or slang, are part of a dialect. England says lorry, Americans say truck for example.

Actually, there is no "Austrian" dialect. Differences in the dialects in Austria are just as big as differences in the dialects in Germany. Arnold is Styrian, so that's his german dialect.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 03:13:01 PM »
"Seriously....lets be real....did you see the size of her tits?"

thats all I got from it

Sassyclassywoman

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »

They are both german but the austrians speak with a smoother accent.  It's a little less rigid than actual German.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »

Der hat's echt net mehr drauf so...hat schon am Anfang beschissen genug gesprochen und mit den Jahren noch beschissener...

Was ich aber noch mehr schade finde, ist, dass er offen zugegeben hat, dass er das Bodybuilding nicht aus Liebe zum Sport betrieben hat, sondern weil er beruehmt werden wollte. Echt schade. :-\
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
Der hat's echt net mehr drauf so...hat schon am Anfang beschissen genug gesprochen und mit den Jahren noch beschissener...

Was ich aber noch mehr schade finde, ist, dass er offen zugegeben hat, dass er das Bodybuilding nicht aus Liebe zum Sport betrieben hat, sondern weil er beruehmt werden wollte. Echt schade. :-\

He's still faaahntaaaahstig! We're soooo proud!  :D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »
They are both german but the austrians speak with a smoother accent.  It's a little less rigid than actual German.

Only true for certain Austrian dialects compared to certain German dialects.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
Actually, there is no "Austrian" dialect. Differences in the dialects in Austria are just as big as differences in the dialects in Germany. Arnold is Styrian, so that's his german dialect.

Negative. You are making that comment based on anecdotal evidence of mutual intelligibility which is never the true criterium for linguistic difference. The genuine differences are minimal because all Austrian dialects belong to either the Bavarian branch or the Allemanic branch of High German (meaning that the High German Consonant Shift is fully in effect here with no exceptions). This differs in Germany because the High German Consonant Shift was only partially carried out in some regions and not at all in others. There is a direct phonological continuum running south to north along which the influence of the High German Consonant Shift continually diminishes until in North Germany you no longer have High German or Central German, but Low German. Here in Rheinland one speaks Ripuarian which has some things in common with Low German as well as High German Dag vs. Tag/drinken vs. trinken, dat vs. das, gud vs. gut, kaupen vs. kaufen, etc. BUT rentention of the voiceless uvular fricative /χ/, e.g. machen (High German, Central German) vs. maken (Low German). Anyway...before this becomes too technical, you are wrong.  ;DYour abs are looking good.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 05:51:14 PM »
Negative. You are making that comment based on anecdotal evidence of mutual intelligibility which is never the true criterium for linguistic difference. The genuine differences are minimal because all Austrian dialects belong to either the Bavarian branch or the Allemanic branch of High German (meaning that the High German Consonant Shift is fully in effect here with no exceptions). This differs in Germany because the High German Consonant Shift was only partially carried out in some regions and not at all in others. There is a direct phonological continuum running south to north along which the influence of the High German Consonant Shift continually diminishes until in North Germany you no longer have High German or Central German, but Low German. Here in Rheinland one speaks Ripuarian which has some things in common with Low German as well as High German Dag vs. Tag/drinken vs. trinken, dat vs. das, gud vs. gut, kaupen vs. kaufen, etc. BUT rentention of the voiceless uvular fricative /χ/, e.g. machen (High German, Central German) vs. maken (Low German). Anyway...before this becomes too technical, you are wrong.  ;DYour abs are looking good.

Well I know one thing for sure, I don't understand one fockin' word of a Vorarlberger, but I do understand most German dialects. So there's my evidence.  ;D

Technically, you're probably right, as always.  ;D

And thanks, I guess the diet is working.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 05:57:38 PM »
Well I know one thing for sure, I don't understand one fockin' word of a Vorarlberger, but I do understand most German dialects. So there's my evidence.  ;D

Technically, you're probably right, as always.  ;D

And thanks, I guess the diet is working.

The voiceless uvular fricative /χ/ is the main difference between Allemanic and Bavarian. Vorarlberger dialect is Allemanic whereas most Austrian German is Bavarian. All Swiss German is Allemanic. So you see chochen vs. kochen, lechen vs lecken, etc.
I hate the State.