Author Topic: Sources: McCain to reveal VP Friday in Ohio  (Read 1082 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Sources: McCain to reveal VP Friday in Ohio
« on: August 27, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »
Sources: McCain to reveal VP Friday in Ohio
Posted: 11:02 PM ET

From CNN's John King and Dana Bash

DENVER (CNN) – John McCain has decided on his running mate and will officially reveal his pick on Friday in Ohio, multiple sources tell CNN.

A knowledgeable Republican source says there the matter was settled at a major meeting of McCain's advisers Wednesday.

The Arizona senator’s choice has not yet been told of the decision, but the plan is to call tomorrow. A handful of names of dominated VP speculation in recent days, including former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, independent Senator Joe Lieberman, and Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty.

The presumptive Republican nominee will appear with his prospective running mate at a massive rally on August 29, the day after Barack Obama formally accepts the Democratic presidential nomination.

The McCain campaign is hoping to have 15,000 people at the Ohio rally — roughly five times the size of his largest crowd to date.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Sources: McCain to reveal VP Friday in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
He announced the Aug 29 date over a week ago.

This isn't exactly breaking news.

What will be breaking - is if he tries to steal obaama's thunder by announcing it right before his Mile high speech.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
Obama, will get a bump after the DNC, but it's not going to last long.

It is going to be nice however to compare the end differences to those of Kerry and Gore.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:13:02 PM »
Obama, will get a bump after the DNC, but it's not going to last long.

It is going to be nice however to compare the end differences to those of Kerry and Gore.

NY Post says Obama is down so far through the convention with McCain taking the lead for the first time in 3 months.

I certainly hope this trend continues along with my hope for Romney getting the nod for VP.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »
romney will be a very strong vp choice.

a woman will be exciting for 5 minutes, but biden is going to be TOUGH for anyone to beat in a debate.  Romeny would hold his own.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
NY Post says Obama is down so far through the convention with McCain taking the lead for the first time in 3 months.

I certainly hope this trend continues along with my hope for Romney getting the nod for VP.

I think it's bad new for Obama. How can we have this much Dem fervor, and he continues to lose ground?

Not to mention he will be adding fuel to the fire when he speaks this week. Why?

He will be speaking on a stage set that is composed of greek columns and a greek temple  :o

Obamamessiah, has some gaul, and the public is going to take this as cocky and a truth to his arrogance.

Not to mention, when the Democrats that won't give in to Obama go public, as many have done already, 2/3rds sure, but that other 1/3rd they are going to be loud and cause trouble.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 11:09:08 PM »

a woman will be exciting for 5 minutes, but biden is going to be TOUGH for anyone to beat in a debate.  Romeny would hold his own.

You mean like he whupped all those cream puffs in the Democrat debates? 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 06:57:57 AM »

It will. 

What do you like about Romney?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »
No positive movement yet for Obama this week after 3 days of convention and 2 excellent speeches from the Clintons.

Romney will likely be VP and is the strongest VP candidate.  Smart, good state record, being a gov is a strong resume for VP, great economic experience which we need, conservative but has been moderate on many issues in his state, (and younger).  I wish the ticket was switched.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 01:30:12 PM »
Pretty strong threat:

If McCain picks either man [lieberman or Ridge], it could drive away social conservatives who are already uneasy about his nomination, conservative activists warned.

In an open letter to McCain, conservative activist Richard A. Viguerie wrote, "Your indication that you're willing to put a person who has a clear, unequivocal pro-abortion record within a heartbeat of the presidency is alarming."

"Sen. McCain, you are exceedingly proud of being a political maverick -- you wear it as a badge of honor. Well, poke the base of the Republican Party -- the conservatives -- in the eye one more time by choosing a pro-abortion vice presidential candidate, and conservatives will show you that two can play the maverick game," Viguerie said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/28/mccain.vp/index.html

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »

Huh?

Obama and Billary stomped his ass in the primaries.

If he debates so damn well why isn't he the nominee for the Democrats?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »
It will. 

He's way down on illegal immigration, favors strong national defense, and has implemented change in almost ever facet of his career.

The President doesn't control the economy, but also having a financial expert as a VP can't hurt.

Many Republicans are alientated by McCain, Romney would help with that base.
Y

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »

Closest guy we have to a solid conservative.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »

I disagree.

That would be Ron Paul but that ticket would never happen in a million years.

I'd settle for Fred Thompson though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 05:45:19 PM »

In 2008, sure.

In 2005 he was the biggest lib of them all.  Pro abortion, open borders, anti-gun, hired illegals to work on his own yard, etc.

He and mccian were both major floppers in 07, changing their positions to party line, as you well know.