Author Topic: Who are you voting for?  (Read 8201 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: Who are you voting for?
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
We're paying for the Iraqi's education / health care / incarceration... at least these people are physically in THIS country.

agreed. lets go ahead and assist the poor AMERICANS in appalachia, mississippi, etc. before we concern ourselves with Iraqis

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »
agreed, its not a matter of PAYING taxes, thats a reality of life in the USA. but damn, must we pay for every illegal alien's education/health care/ incarceration?
I invite you to pick fruit or roof houses.  Americans do not have the work ethic to do these type of jobs.  Illegal immigrants pay taxes just like everyone else. Its really not fair on their end as they are paying into the system but getting nothing. Why not extend the meager benefits to them.  EVERYONE should have the right to a free education, healthcare no matter where you are from.  How does having a paper proclaiming citizenship make YOU feel any better?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »
We're paying for the Iraqi's education / health care / incarceration... at least these people are physically in THIS country.

iraq has no public assistance programs.  no welfare, no fre health care.

the only small sections that have it come from us dollars.

yes, we spend billions on their hospitals, and not on our own vets' hospitals.  Explain that?

Oh yea... i can explain it... the US pays haliburton and other defense firms hundreds of billions of dollars to build these things in iraq, and they take huge profit margins, and they --- surprise--- still pay cheney tens of millions in bonuses each year, along with the job awaiting him when he leaves office.

as long as the firms are making loot, bush will keep sending them work in iraq, where it's no-bid.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 08:49:29 PM »
I invite you to pick fruit or roof houses.  Americans do not have the work ethic to do these type of jobs.  Illegal immigrants pay taxes just like everyone else. Its really not fair on their end as they are paying into the system but getting nothing. Why not extend the meager benefits to them.  EVERYONE should have the right to a free education, healthcare no matter where you are from.  How does having a paper proclaiming citizenship make YOU feel any better?
Its not a matter of making ME feel better. and the services arent meager, billions of dollars are spent every year on services on illegals.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 08:52:05 PM »
At tax time, illegal immigrants are paying too
No one disputes money is coming in, just how much it adds up to

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The tax system collects its due, even from a class of workers with little likelihood of claiming a refund and no hope of drawing a Social Security check.

Illegal immigrants are paying taxes to Uncle Sam, experts agree. Just how much they pay is hard to determine because the federal government doesn't fully tally it. But the latest figures available indicate it will amount to billions of dollars in federal income, Social Security and Medicare taxes this year. One rough estimate puts the amount of Social Security taxes alone at around $9 billion per year.

Paycheck withholding collects much of the federal tax from illegal workers, just as it does for legal workers.

The Internal Revenue Service doesn't track a worker's immigration status, yet many illegal immigrants fearful of deportation won't risk the government attention that will come from filing a return even if they might qualify for a refund. Economist William Ford of Middle Tennessee State University says there are no firm figures on how many taxpayers are in that situation.

"The real question is how many of them pay more than they owe. There are undoubtedly hundreds of thousands of people in that situation," Ford said.

But some illegal immigrants choose to file taxes and write a check come April 15, using an alternative to the Social Security number offered by the IRS so it can collect income tax from foreign workers.

"It's a mistake to think that no illegal immigrants pay taxes. They definitely do," said Martha Pantoja, who has been helping Hispanic immigrants this tax season as an IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer for the nonprofit Nashville Wealth Building Coalition.

Among those she has assisted is Eric Jimenez, a self-employed handyman who has worked in Nashville for several years. He feels obliged to pay taxes — even though, as Pantoja said, "nothing would happen" to him if he did not.

"I have an idea, a mentality, that to be a good citizen you have to pay taxes," he said. "Also, I'm conscious of the fact that the money we pay in taxes supports the schools and all the public services."

Pantoja said she has helped a number of construction workers who, because they are classified as independent contractors by their employers and have no taxes withheld, owe big tax bills come April. Beyond income tax, they have to pay the full Social Security and Medicare taxes due.

The Social Security Administration estimates that about three-quarters of illegal workers pay taxes that contribute to the overall solvency of Social Security and Medicare.

The agency estimates that for 2005, the last year for which figures are available, about $9 billion in taxes was paid on about $75 billion in wages from people who filed W2 forms with incorrect or mismatched data, which would include illegal immigrants who drew paychecks under fake names and Social Security numbers.

Spokesman Mark Hinkle says Social Security does not know how much of the $9 billion can be attributed to illegal immigrants. The number is certainly not 100 percent, but a significant portion probably comes from taxes paid by illegal immigrants.

Nine billion dollars sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but it is only about 1.5 percent of the total $593 billion paid into Social Security in 2005.

The impact on Social Security is significant, though, because most of that money is never claimed by the people who pay it but instead helps cover retirement checks to legal workers.

Federal law prohibits paying Social Security to illegal immigrants, but the administration factors in both legal and illegal immigration when projecting the trust fund's long-term solvency.

This is especially important as the 78 million-member baby boom generation begins to leave the work force and draw Social Security checks.

"Overall, any type of immigration is a net positive to Social Security. The more people working and paying into the system, the better," Hinkle said. "It does help the system remain solvent."

The Social Security Administration drew from census and Immigration and Customs Enforcement data in 2007 to project the effects of higher and lower immigration patterns.

If net immigration is high at 1.3 million people a year, the SSA's combined trust fund would be exhausted in 2043. But the fund runs out four years earlier if annual net immigration amounts to about half that — 472,500 legal immigrants and 250,000 illegal immigrants.

The Internal Revenue Service doesn't have an estimate of how many illegal immigrants pay income tax.

But one indicator is the 9 million W-2 forms with mismatched names and Social Security numbers it received in 2004. The IRS said the W-2 forms with invalid Social Security numbers reported about $53 billion in wages and about three-fourths of that, $40 billion in wages, had taxes withheld.

The IRS also has been issuing Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers, or ITINs, for 12 years to foreigners without a Social Security number. It's believed that many workers who seek the ITINs are in the country illegally, and the IRS reported that there were 2.5 million tax returns filed with an ITIN in 2004.

In 2006, then IRS Commission Mark Everson told Congress that "many illegal aliens, utilizing ITINs, have been reporting tax liability to the tune of almost $50 billion from 1996 to 2003."

An IRS spokesman said more recent figures aren't available.

The Social Security and Medicare taxes from mismatched W2s for the same period was $41.4 billion, Hinkle said.

That adds up to roughly $90 billion in federal taxes during they eight-year period.

The IRS defends the ITIN system, despite criticism that some illegal immigrants have used it to open bank accounts, get mortgages and establish a record of residency and taxpaying they hope might someday lead to legal status.

"The ITIN program is bringing taxpayers into the system," Everson told Congress.

Middle Tennessee State’s Ford, who has studied taxes and immigration, says a majority of economists agree that illegal immigrants are a net benefit for the U.S. economy.

He said the tax contributions from illegal immigrants, including sales taxes, property taxes and excise taxes (such as the gas tax), are significant.

He calculates that illegal immigrants contributed $428 billion dollars to the nation's $13.6 trillion gross domestic product in 2006. That number assumes illegal immigrants are 30 percent less productive than other workers.

"If anything we need more immigrants coming into the country, not less, especially with the baby boomers retiring," he said.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2008, 08:54:31 PM »
Its not a matter of making ME feel better. and the services arent meager, billions of dollars are spent every year on services on illegals.
What is the difference between an American citizen who pays taxes and gets government services and an Undocumented worker who pays taxes and gets services and why do you feel one deserves better treatment over the other?

If someone is willing to work, let them work. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »
Myth #1: Undocumented immigrants come to the United States to get welfare.

Undocumented men come to the United States almost exclusively to work. In 2003, over 90 percent of undocumented men worked—a rate higher than that for U.S. citizens or legal immigrants (Passel, Capps, and Fix 2004). Undocumented men are younger, less likely to be in school, and less likely to be retired than other men (Capps et al. 2003). Moreover, undocumented immigrants are ineligible for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits (Fix, Zimmermann, and Passel 2001).

Myth #2: Undocumented immigrants all crossed the Mexican border.

Between 60 and 75 percent of the more than 10 million undocumented immigrants entered illegally and without inspection—mostly across the Mexican border. The other 25 to 40 percent entered legally and subsequently overstayed visas or otherwise violated the terms of their admission (Passel 2005).

Myth #3: Undocumented immigrants are all single men.

Over 40 percent of undocumented adults are women, and the majority (54 percent) of undocumented men live in married couples or other families (Passel 2005). Fewer than half of undocumented men are single and unattached.

Myth #4: Most children of the undocumented are unauthorized.

In fact, two-thirds of all children with undocumented parents (about 3 million) are U.S.-born citizens who live in mixed-status families.

Myth #5: A large share of schoolchildren are undocumented.

Nationally in 2000, only 1.5 percent of elementary schoolchildren (enrolled in kindergarten through 5th grade) and 3 percent of secondary children (grades 6-12) were undocumented. Slightly higher shares—5 percent in elementary and 4 percent in secondary schools—had undocumented parents.

Myth #6: Undocumented immigrants do not pay taxes.

Undocumented immigrants pay the same real estate taxes—whether they own homes or taxes are passed through to rents—and the same sales and other consumption taxes as everyone else. The majority of state and local costs of schooling and other services are funded by these taxes. Additionally, the U.S. Social Security Administration has estimated that three quarters of undocumented immigrants pay payroll taxes, and that they contribute $6-7 billion in Social Security funds that they will be unable to claim (Porter 2005).

References

Capps, Randy, Michael Fix, Jeffrey S. Passel, Jason Ost, and Dan Perez-Lopez. 2003. "A Profile of the Low-Wage Immigrant Workforce." Washington, DC: The Urban Institute.

Fix, Michael, Wendy Zimmermann, and Jeffrey S. Passel. 2001. "The Integration of Immigrant Families in the United States." Washington, DC: The Urban Institute.

Passel, Jeffrey S. 2005. "Unauthorized Migrants: Numbers and Characteristics." Washington, DC: Pew Hispanic Center. http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/46.pdf.

Passel, Jeffrey S., Randy Capps, and Michael Fix. 2004. "Undocumented Immigrants: Facts and Figures." Washington, DC: The Urban Institute.

Porter, Eduardo. 2005. "Illegal Immigrants Are Bolstering Social Security with Billions." New York Times, April 5.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2008, 09:01:36 PM »
What is the difference between an American citizen who pays taxes and gets government services and an Undocumented worker who pays taxes and gets services and why do you feel one deserves better treatment over the other?

If someone is willing to work, let them work. 

im with you to a certain point, heres where i differ. Americans have the "RIGHT" to certain benefits wheras, non americans shouldnt have this right. as far as the work thing, in my experience (granted not a scientific study) the cost that illegals are excedes their work.

so can we agree: keep all working (and i mean real tax paying jobs) illegals and deport the rest?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »
Obama's list of changes tonight:

Change means a tax code that doesn't reward lobbyists.
i will stop tax breaks on firms that export jobs, and give these breaks to firms that create new jobs.
eliminate small gains tax on startups.
cut taxes for 95% of all working families. Who already don't pay shit compared to everyone else.
In ten years, we will end dependence on middle eastern oil. With his "change"; whatever that means.

I will tap nat'l gas researves
safely harness nuclear power
retool automakers for more efficnet cars.
150 bil invested in affordable, renewable sources of energy over 10 years.
5 mil new jobs will be created.

strong early childhood education investment. I wonder if he is going to personally inspire inner city youths to take education seriously.
higher standards and more accounability from teachers as well They can barely hire enough teachers from what I hear.

College education assitance for those who volunteer in poor communities - WOW. Wow, we already have programs similar to this.  Good thing people are dumb and don't already know.  He actually seems smart.

lower healthcare premiuims.
Congressional-level healthcare for Americans who have coverage already.
Non-discrimination policy from healtchcare providers for already-sick people.

pensions protected AHEAD OF CEO bonuses... very important here...
strong equal pay for equal work legislation (hi hilary fans!)

How will I pay for it?
By closing corporate tax loopholes - I have it mapped out.
I'll move thru federal budgert and slash everything non-esential. Sweet, get rid of the welfare leeches.
THe bureaucracy of the last 8 years will go. And with him, at least 4 years of the gov't trying to further coddle people with no sense of personal responsibility.

More responsbility from each of us...

mccain says he'll follow osama to the gates of hell..
but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

My call for a Timeframe to remove our troops from iraq-
has been echoed by both iraq - AND THE BUSH ADMIN.
iraq has 79 bil in surplus, while we are wallowing in deficit.

Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »

So of all the things you said, you really can't say anything negative, so you pick apart the idea of how he will accomplish them.

You're saying you agree with him? You just don't believe he can do it?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
im with you to a certain point, heres where i differ. Americans have the "RIGHT" to certain benefits wheras, non americans shouldnt have this right. as far as the work thing, in my experience (granted not a scientific study) the cost that illegals are excedes their work.

so can we agree: keep all working (and i mean real tax paying jobs) illegals and deport the rest?
All studies show they are not here just to be here as there is no benefit for them to just be here.  Of course they work.  I don`t think being an "American" should entitle any special benefit other than being able to run for President.  

Our country was founded upon illegal immigration and immigrant labor.  This notion of illegal immigration is relatively new and has come about for no credible reason.  It is simply an issue to distract as it presents zero problem to the economy.  Any comprehensive study will find that these immigrants are the ones getting screwed over.  Not the other way around.  They are not eligible to any benefit even though they pay into it.  That is the real travesty.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2008, 09:11:21 PM »
i pay a 25,000 monthly mortgage and will be voting for OBAMA.  no more McSame.

wow you changed your mind :o

TEAM OBAMA FOR YOUR MOMMA ;D

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2008, 09:13:05 PM »
I'm actually thinking about voting for this guy.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2008, 09:14:10 PM »
EVERY SINGLE metropolis was built with immigrant labor and these laborers were not documented whatsoever.  Italians, Irish, Mexicans, Germans, Dutch.  Chicago, New York, Dallas, Philadelphia.....You name it, they built it.  All the way into the 21st century. Especially the 19th and 20th centuries.  Illegal Immigrant Construction workers way outnumbered "Americans" during this period.  

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »

Do you want me to iron your KKK suit for tomorrow "Cap"?  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2008, 09:16:31 PM »
Let us not forget that Matty Van Buren was our FIRST President to be born an American citizen from 1837 to 1841 and he spoke English as a second language.  Dutch being his first.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17:50 PM »
Let us not forget that Matty Van Buren was our FIRST homeland born President from 1837 to 1841 and he spoke English as a second language.  Dutch being his first.

how come he didn't comb his hair?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
So of all the things you said, you really can't say anything negative, so you pick apart the idea of how he will accomplish them.

You're saying you agree with him? You just don't believe he can do it?
He won't accomplish those things, that's my point.  His whole campaign has been pandering to race sympathizers, uneducated people who hear tax cuts for the poor (even though they pay nothing), and "change".  He's got it all mapped out but isn't telling anyone.  Have you seen the guy talk without a prepared speech or cur cards?  He is nothing special.  He has nothing new to bring the table and will likely be a repeat of Carter if elected.

Sgt d.-once again you bring nothing to the table, congratulations.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
He won't accomplish those things, that's my point.  His whole campaign has been pandering to race sympathizers, uneducated people who hear tax cuts for the poor (even though they pay nothing), and "change".  He's got it all mapped out but isn't telling anyone.  Have you seen the guy talk without a prepared speech or cur cards?  He is nothing special.  He has nothing new to bring the table and will likely be a repeat of Carter if elected.

Sgt d.-once again you bring nothing to the table, congratulations.

Ridiculous.

Even if you say he "can't" do it... He's certainly willing to make the attempt... and his IDEAS are better than McCain's... even if you say he'll never get it done.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2008, 09:28:06 PM »
The black guy, DUH ???

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2008, 09:46:30 PM »
I need you all to help me decide who is better.

TOOTH FAIRY BECASUE HE HAS MORE CREDINILITY THAT ALL OTHER CANDIDATES...BTW IF HE WINS I CAN GET FREE DENTAL CARE THE REST OF MY LIFE....
C

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »
Ridiculous.

Even if you say he "can't" do it... He's certainly willing to make the attempt... and his IDEAS are better than McCain's... even if you say he'll never get it done.
Lol, they all say what they need to in order to get elected.  He represents change  ::).  What he really represents is a rehashing of other people's ideas but done with race on his side.  "His" ideas have no substance.  He is inexperienced and is playing a popularity contest.  The dude is acting like he is running for prom king, pandering to mass numbers of uncool kids.

TOOTH FAIRY BECASUE HE HAS MORE CREDINILITY THAT ALL OTHER CANDIDATES...BTW IF HE WINS I CAN GET FREE DENTAL CARE THE REST OF MY LIFE....
So you can get your grill huh?

Did you learn spelling in the Trenton school district?
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 09:54:22 PM »
Lol, they all say what they need to in order to get elected.  He represents change  ::).  What he really represents is a rehashing of other people's ideas but done with race on his side.  "His" ideas have no substance.  He is inexperienced and is playing a popularity contest.  The dude is acting like he is running for prom king, pandering to mass numbers of uncool kids.
 So you can get your grill huh?

Did you learn spelling in the Trenton school district?

Since when do you think that running for President wasn't a popularity contest... It ALWAYS has been.

;)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »

Since when do you think that running for President wasn't a popularity contest... It ALWAYS has been.

;)
Except he brings nothing to the table except his celebrity status.  He is trying to be Kennedy.  The two reasons people are voting for him 1.) they hate Bush, 2.) he's black.  Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.  Most people could not tell you one thing he stands for, not that he has been explicit; all he talks about is "change".  Give me a break.  I could probably ask any one of the black people I know why they are voting for him and they probably say because he is a "brutha" or for "change". 
Squishy face retard

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 10:00:18 PM »
Half the people posting here can't even vote ::)
A