Author Topic: Obama accepting party nomination on tv NOW  (Read 1320 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama accepting party nomination on tv NOW
« on: August 28, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »
76,000 people in attendance... He's taking the mic... he's supposed to break down policy specifics tonight.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama accepting party nomination on tv NOW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:52:12 PM »
here he is.... on now:

you are gay.

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:08:19 PM »
LOL...wtf was he supposed to say...NO, I don't accept the nomination".

Same shit different day, just a dynamic presentation (with a teleprompter) with no substance.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
Were there fireworks at the end?

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »
Obama is not ready to be president, and should never be.  And it has nothing to do with race.

1. Against drilling for more oil.  Actually claims keeping your car tuned up and tires fully inflated will make up for oil Repubs want to drill for.

2. Won't admit that we have won war in Iraq.  Didn't support troops when over there.  Commander in chief??

3. Angry bitter wife for first lady?  Hope not.  Not proud of this country. Not happy to be an American.

4. Supports late term abortions.  Said, "If my daughters make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby..."

5. Has friends such as Bill Ayers, Reverend Wright, et. al.  The first was a terrorist who is proud of what he did.  The second...just look him up.  Belonged to his church for 20 years and yet claimed he did not know what Wright was saying in the pulpit.

6. Wants dialog with those who want to wipe Israel off face of the earth.

and on and on and on.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 09:45:05 PM »
Obama is not ready to be president, and should never be.  And it has nothing to do with race.

1. Against drilling for more oil.  Actually claims keeping your car tuned up and tires fully inflated will make up for oil Repubs want to drill for.

2. Won't admit that we have won war in Iraq.  Didn't support troops when over there.  Commander in chief??

3. Angry bitter wife for first lady?  Hope not.  Not proud of this country. Not happy to be an American.

4. Supports late term abortions.  Said, "If my daughters make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby..."

5. Has friends such as Bill Ayers, Reverend Wright, et. al.  The first was a terrorist who is proud of what he did.  The second...just look him up.  Belonged to his church for 20 years and yet claimed he did not know what Wright was saying in the pulpit.

6. Wants dialog with those who want to wipe Israel off face of the earth.

and on and on and on.

Funny... I see those as reasons TO vote for him.

Which I'm not... but it has NOTHING to do with those things.

I see all of those things as good things.

1. No reason to drill for more oil... Fix the problem... get rid of our need for it completely... That's the fix.

2. We can not and will not win the war in Iraq... It's their house and you can't win it.... IT will be a Tie at best.

3. Some people are bitter... so what? I don't care. She's not running for President.

4. I agree... I'm not having a kid, so let the woman decide... The number one reason for the drop in crime in the 90s was Abortion... FACT.

5. Who gives a shit if people are angry with the government... Some people should be. I am at times... Shouldn't you be more worried about people who do whatever the government says?

and

6. I don't give a flying fuck about Israel... Never have, and never will.

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 10:09:47 PM »
Funny... I see those as reasons TO vote for him.

Which I'm not... but it has NOTHING to do with those things.

I see all of those things as good things.

1. No reason to drill for more oil... Fix the problem... get rid of our need for it completely... That's the fix.

Impossible, almost everything you touch has some kind of petroleum in it.....even asprine.

2. We can not and will not win the war in Iraq... It's their house and you can't win it.... IT will be a Tie at best.

Aaaaa...we ARE winning, or didn't you get the memo?

3. Some people are bitter... so what? I don't care. She's not running for President.

She has more to do with it than you might think.........kinda like Hillary!

4. I agree... I'm not having a kid, so let the woman decide... The number one reason for the drop in crime in the 90s was Abortion... FACT.

If you do that, you'll have every teen that get pregnant using abortion (murdering) as a way of birth control. Late term means an almost fully developed baby and if the mother could give birth early, that child would survive and have a great chance at living a normal healthy life. If you ever have a kid, you'll get it.

5. Who gives a shit if people are angry with the government... Some people should be. I am at times... Shouldn't you be more worried about people who do whatever the government says?

I agree for the most part.

and

6. I don't give a flying fuck about Israel... Never have, and never will.

Why?

All his speech was, was about how he plans on giving government handouts to lazy people. Like all Dems/Libs, he want people to depend on the government. It was a shallow speech.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »
76,000 people in attendance... He's taking the mic... he's supposed to break down policy specifics tonight.

actually 84,000 were in attendance, and thousands were turned away.  This election will be all about voter turn out, and as you can see Obama will attract a much higher voter turn out then McSame come Nov.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:32:18 PM »
All his speech was, was about how he plans on giving government handouts to lazy people.

Wow, he talked about how he'll cut a lot of federal programs.  He feels bush built up too large of a beaucracy (it is the biggest in history now - bigger than clinton had it)

I know it feels better to repeat "welfare for lazy peopel!"
But what if obama will cut BS govt spending?  Right now, mccain isn't talking about cutting any spending, and obama is.  You can claim obama is lying, but we KNOW mccain won't cut any spending - he's said the plan and policy is fine.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »

All his speech was, was about how he plans on giving government handouts to lazy people. Like all Dems/Libs, he want people to depend on the government. It was a shallow speech.

We will disagree... You vote for McCain... I'm not.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 11:38:59 PM »

Great speech, actually listened to it twice, (on the radio and on tv, then back on Fox later on).  I was impressed, the guy can really talk, and after the speech, I felt like if he becomes president, all our problems will be solved! Health insurance, economy, cutting my taxes, getting me more money, getting Osama from the cave, getting the troops out of Iraq, becoming a powerhouse again in the world. Wow... incredible!

But then I came back down from the high of the great facade, and will still vote for McCain, even if he isnt my favorite.  I remember what the Democrats and Grey Davis did to California, and that scares me.

But seriously, put this stuff on the Politics Boards...

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:01 AM »
But then I came back down from the high of the great facade, and will still vote for McCain, even if he isnt my favorite. 

too bad for you we have an electoral college and you live in the great progressive state of California.

my prediction:  McCain won't break 190 electoral votes