Author Topic: What Will The Death Of Uncle Joe Bring?  (Read 1916 times)

suckmymuscle

What Will The Death Of Uncle Joe Bring?
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:44:34 AM »
  Let's face it: the guy is in his late eighties. With luck, he might live another decade, but that's pushing it. Since Joe created the Olympia and for decades subsidized several amateur and pro contests that couldn't make any money, saying that he's the father of bodybuilding is not an exageration at all. Sure, now MuscleTech owns the Mr.Olympia and pretty much all of bodybuilding - how these corporate thieves bought bodybuilding is beyond me -, but MuscleTech, unlike Uncle Joe, is all about profits and it will abandon bodybuilding as soon as they realize the real money is in fitness - just look at EAS. MuscleTech won't be putting money into bodybuilding if it's not bringing in the dough, unlike Joe who would bank the losses that pro bodybuilding had with his own money because he geuinely loves bodybuilding. MuscleTech will abandon bodybuilding in the near future and, with Joe's death, the sport will be orphaned.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: What Will The Death Of Uncle Joe Bring?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:49:14 AM »
Natural BB is the future!

Drug free, no laws breaking and supplements are expensive shit.

In natural BB, adding some special creatine or synthetic amino acids MAY really make a difference, so advertising is easier.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:50:20 AM »
I also wondered that.
His brother and nephew is still very involved in the IFBB as far as I know
But Joe after selling of most of his magazines has not really being doing much so....

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
the G4P business will boom

No, after Joe is gone, g4p will have no future.

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:58:55 AM »
Won't change much. The Weiders have lost control to Team Manion already. Rumour has it that Arnold is keen to take over from the Weiders and bring bodybuilding back to the way it was but I reckon he'll get lost in National issue.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »
one less bodybuilder diddler

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 08:06:31 AM »
Won't change much. The Weiders have lost control to Team Manion already. Rumour has it that Arnold is keen to take over from the Weiders and bring bodybuilding back to the way it was but I reckon he'll get lost in National issue.

You're dreaming man.  He only keeps the ASC because pulling out would make more waves than staying in.  He won't make any moves to further associate himself with what the general public perceives as a steroid fueled gay sex extravaganza.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 08:13:03 AM »
I see a lot of Joe haters but he really did make the sport more main stream for a while.
I loved his mags in the 1990s
I still have WEIDER plates in my home gym
He knew how to promote people, even Arnie was one of his projects.
And once apon a time there was only WEIDER supplements to take.

He really was one of the great promoters of some thing we all love to do..... Pick up weights and build muscle!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
Can't argue that he's the father of modern bodybuilding, both good and bad.

Looking pretty frail - highly doubt he will make it another decade.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »
  Let's face it: the guy is in his late eighties. With luck, he might live another decade, but that's pushing it. Since Joe created the Olympia and for decades subsidized several amateur and pro contests that couldn't make any money, saying that he's the father of bodybuilding is not an exageration at all. Sure, now MuscleTech owns the Mr.Olympia and pretty much all of bodybuilding - how these corporate thieves bought bodybuilding is beyond me -, but MuscleTech, unlike Uncle Joe, is all about profits and it will abandon bodybuilding as soon as they realize the real money is in fitness - just look at EAS. MuscleTech won't be putting money into bodybuilding if it's not bringing in the dough, unlike Joe who would bank the losses that pro bodybuilding had with his own money because he geuinely loves bodybuilding. MuscleTech will abandon bodybuilding in the near future and, with Joe's death, the sport will be orphaned.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Time for a change dont you think?   :)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 03:10:26 PM »
Time for a change dont you think?   :)

What if this "change" means the death of bodybuilding because no one, unlike Uncle Joe, wants to put money into something that gives no financial return?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »
I see a lot of Joe haters but he really did make the sport more main stream for a while.
I loved his mags in the 1990s
I still have WEIDER plates in my home gym
He knew how to promote people, even Arnie was one of his projects.
And once apon a time there was only WEIDER supplements to take.

He really was one of the great promoters of some thing we all love to do..... Pick up weights and build muscle!
last part of the quote was admirable,but it kind of lost control with the whole drug thing good or bad.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 08:53:04 PM »
It might mean the death of competitive bodybuilding, but bodybuilding will live and continue to thrive.

There are too many guys that want to look muscular for it to go away.

Since the time of Charles Atlas, that's how it's been.

If muscle tech takes over, maybe they'll take it in a new direction?

Being a profit driven company, this might mean a marketing campaign aimed at those simply looking to put on some t-shirt muscles.

:-\

☠ Order of Nephilim

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 09:02:13 PM »
I predict uncontrolled rampant corruption as opposed to controlled corruption!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 09:07:20 PM »
You're dreaming man.  He only keeps the ASC because pulling out would make more waves than staying in.  He won't make any moves to further associate himself with what the general public perceives as a steroid fueled gay sex extravaganza.

The ASC and Expo is a fucking GOLD MINE.

"Pulling out" would be like throwing money down the drain.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »
Probably true Johnny, but I still think that:

He won't make any moves to further associate himself with what the general public perceives as a steroid fueled gay sex extravaganza.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 09:19:16 PM »
When Joe Weider passes, bodybuilding will remain as it currently is, a niche entertainment spectacle. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 11:43:49 PM »
When Joe Weider passes, bodybuilding will remain as it currently is, a niche entertainment spectacle. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quoted for truth