Author Topic: Would Romney have been a better choice?  (Read 2355 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Would Romney have been a better choice?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »
Thing being, how it looks to voters. I also couldnt care less about age/race/gender - but people do and McCain is already catching heat due to age. Slapping another old guy on as VP would be like Obama slapping a black guy as VP. Not wise.

True.  Good point.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 02:07:37 PM »
I liked Romney but he would have taken a lot of heat for changing some of his positions and being a millionaire.

Palin is a solid conservative and doesn't present herself as a radical, religious nut, or party-liner.  Great candidate based on personality IMO.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 02:08:22 PM »
that's not what I said.  I thought the issue was Palin having the only executive experience.  I thought that was the point being raised with Mitt, that he too did.  I was saying I thought it was mispoken by Ozmo and the point was executive experience.

Ah so.  I thought Ozmo was saying Romney had D.C. experience, but you're saying he probably meant to say Romney had executive experience.  

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 02:10:46 PM »
Ah so.  I thought Ozmo was saying Romney had D.C. experience, but you're saying he probably meant to say Romney had executive experience. 

Using Romney would open McCain to the same criticism that he used about Biden questioning Obama's qualifications and readiness to lead.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 02:11:38 PM »
Ah so.  I thought Ozmo was saying Romney had D.C. experience, but you're saying he probably meant to say Romney had executive experience.  
that's what I was trying to say.  But maybe I'm wrong.  I just thought he mispoke since that's what we were talking about earlier.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 02:14:34 PM »
Using Romney would open McCain to the same criticism that he used about Biden questioning Obama's qualifications and readiness to lead.

True.  McCain really pulled the rug out from under a lot of folks with this pick.  The Dems probably had Romney ads ready to roll.  Sort of like those t-shirts they print of the Super Bowl loser.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 02:18:11 PM »
no, it doesn't work that way.  She was one of the top choices, they had material ready to go on all of them, just as the GOP probably had on Obama's top list.  Come on fellas, I don't even know why you say this, it's silly and just does not work that way.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
I'm sure she was on their list but probably not as high as several others. 

I think this choice suprised most of America

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 03:46:28 PM »
It surprised everyone except Tu.   :)