Author Topic: Greek Style Yogurt  (Read 27158 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Greek Style Yogurt
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
For the past few months I've been dealing with a "rash" on my palms.  The dermatologist gave me a steroidal ointment and said it should clear right up.  It didn't.  He told me to stop using harsh soap, antibacterial gel, etc. and keep my hands out of water.  Continue using the ointment 2Xday.  It still hasn't cleared up.  

I've noticed it gets better if I don't have yogurt for a few days.  I didn't have any for about 6 days and it was almost completely gone.  Had some Fage and it was back in full force within 2 days.  I think I'm allergic  :'( :'( :'( :'(
:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
For the past few months I've been dealing with a "rash" on my palms.  The dermatologist gave me a steroidal ointment and said it should clear right up.  It didn't.  He told me to stop using harsh soap, antibacterial gel, etc. and keep my hands out of water.  Continue using the ointment 2Xday.  It still hasn't cleared up.

I've noticed it gets better if I don't have yogurt for a few days.  I didn't have any for about 6 days and it was almost completely gone.  Had some Fage and it was back in full force within 2 days.  I think I'm allergic  :'( :'( :'( :'(

That sucks!
Take a break from eating the Fage for about six to eight weeks; then try eating it again.
Sometimes, certain food allergies clear up for some people.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »
hmm interesting.  Generally even lactose sensitive people can have some yogurt or hard aged cheeses as the the lactose is much lower than fresh cheese and milk products.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »
hmm interesting.  Generally even lactose sensitive people can have some yogurt or hard aged cheeses as the the lactose is much lower than fresh cheese and milk products.

Oh, is it a lactose tolerance issue?
I wonder if a digestive enzyme like lactase would help at all.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2012, 07:31:28 AM »

Oh, is it a lactose tolerance issue?
I wonder if a digestive enzyme like lactase would help at all.

it very well may.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »
I don't think I have a lactose issue  ??? although I don't eat all that much dairy. Never a problem with ice cream, milk or cheese, except cottage cheese; that creates immediate farts  ;D
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »
I don't think I have a lactose issue  ??? although I don't eat all that much dairy. Never a problem with ice cream, milk or cheese, except cottage cheese; that creates immediate farts  ;D

Is it all yogurts, or one particular brand or flavor?

Have you ever supplemented with probiotics?

exocet

• Getbig II
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »
It looks like getbig is helping with the yogurt market!! ;D
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/01/23/greek-yogurt-on-growth-spurt/

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2012, 06:48:49 AM »
It looks like getbig is helping with the yogurt market!! ;D
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/01/23/greek-yogurt-on-growth-spurt/

Just bought 10 for $10 again yesterday!
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2012, 07:27:52 AM »
Just bought 10 for $10 again yesterday!

where at?  I've been getting some form a restaurant supply store.  I also picked up a whole beef tnderloin from there for $60.  It was delicious.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »
where at?  I've been getting some form a restaurant supply store.  I also picked up a whole beef tnderloin from there for $60.  It was delicious.

It's at all the reg. groceries. 

I think we are having beef tend tonight!
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2012, 07:55:06 AM »
oh good deal.  It's funny to see everyone jump on the making of greek yogurt over the past year.  I love Restaurant depot.  I get a case of salmon for $50 and cod for cheap.  TIlapia and shrimp are very affordable too.  plus they have a huge tub of peanut butter lol

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2012, 11:49:51 AM »
oh good deal.  It's funny to see everyone jump on the making of greek yogurt over the past year.  I love Restaurant depot.  I get a case of salmon for $50 and cod for cheap.  TIlapia and shrimp are very affordable too.  plus they have a huge tub of peanut butter lol

Is that like a Sam's Club or Costco? 
R

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2012, 10:38:18 PM »
Greek Yogurt - another talk of the town diet fad at the gyms nowadays. Not as if the wheel has been reinvented.  :D Stick to what has worked for thousands of years.

I make Fresh Yogurt twice a week from 2% Neilson milk - no preservatives, sugars, or anything else. It tastes just as good as Greek Yogurt or better - with half the cost. You can add fresh fruits and berries as you please for taste.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2012, 04:54:17 AM »
Greek Yogurt - another talk of the town diet fad at the gyms nowadays. Not as if the wheel has been reinvented.  :D Stick to what has worked for thousands of years.

I make Fresh Yogurt twice a week from 2% Neilson milk - no preservatives, sugars, or anything else. It tastes just as good as Greek Yogurt or better - with half the cost. You can add fresh fruits and berries as you please for taste.

The price has come down so much that it's pretty much a wash in terms of cost.  A 17 ounce container of FAGE was originally $5.59.  It's now $2.99-$3.29
:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2012, 06:05:43 AM »

The price has come down so much that it's pretty much a wash in terms of cost.  A 17 ounce container of FAGE was originally $5.59.  It's now $2.99-$3.29

Yup.   My Stop and Shop recently started selling a proprietary brand.  It's 88 cents for 6 oz.   Add a little agave syrup and some walnuts, and it's perfect.
Y

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »

Prices have instead gone up here for dairy products.

In fact, just checked the prices last week (March 14th) while shopping for groceries. The price for 17 ounces was $6 and change.

South of the 49th parallel - you get much better prices on literally everything. When i stayed near the border - i did all the shopping across in Buffalo - paid half of what i pay here for literally everything.