Author Topic: Gallup: Obama leads 49 to 41%  (Read 2561 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gallup: Obama leads 49 to 41%
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:44:42 AM »
A post-convention bump is normal.

Will there be a Sarah Palin bump this week?

Will Mccain have the usualy 6-point bump following the convention?

If he doesn't will he credit Gustav for his inability to match obama's jump in points?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Gallup: Obama leads 49 to 41%
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:50:28 AM »
Any person who isn't a bible-clutching closet racist will realize that McCain's a desperate gambler.

Most rational people will see that palin's better suited to cheering at some snowmobile race than she is to be anywhere near the helm of this country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 07:52:28 AM »
Any person who isn't a bible-clutching closet racist will realize that McCain's a desperate gambler.

Most rational people will see that palin's better suited to cheering at some snowmobile race than she is to be anywhere near the helm of this country.

She's a charming and very intelligent woman.

Is she tough enough to stare down the world's leaders and make life-and-death decisions for 310 million people?  I don't think so.  1

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 08:00:11 AM »

Let's not get carried away.  She was a friggin sportscaster. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »

Is she tough enough to stare down the world's leaders and make life-and-death decisions for 310 million people?  I don't think so.  1

and she's under investigation, but she's "totally cool with that".

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 08:48:39 AM »
and she's under investigation, but she's "totally cool with that".

Hahaha, you can tell what kind of issues she's dealt with when her main job seems to have been coordinating phone calls to get a state trooper fired.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 08:53:45 AM »

Maybe not, but I feel the same way about the guy who is running for PRESIDENT on the other side.

We've been handed dogshit on both sides of the coin this time.

Y

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 09:50:25 AM »
Maybe not, but I feel the same way about the guy who is running for PRESIDENT on the other side.

We've been handed dogshit on both sides of the coin this time.

One side is stamped neocon approved the other is not.  There may be things you don't like about Obama, hell there may be a lot of things you don't like, but there ARE clear differences with that stamp primarily embossing one side.  For me, knowing what the neocon stamp of approval did over the last 8 years, I am fracking floored when I see people come along and say they're both the same shit.  If there's nothing else to care about, sidelining the neocons is one hell of a worthy goal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »
It grows....

EXPERIENCE:
She has 6 years of part-time mayor of a town of a town of 9000, and 18 months as

the governor of the smallest population state in the USA.

Obama spent seven years in the Illinois senate, two years a U.S. senator,

authoring 900 bills and co-authoring 1000.  He's also served on the senate

foreign relations committee.

EDUCATION:
She has a bachelors in journalism from a small school.

He has a Harvard law degree

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »
I'm voting for McCain because I think he's a rebel who will defend our Country from Iraq.  His VP is also very pretty.
S

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »
Hahaha, you can tell what kind of issues she's dealt with when her main job seems to have been coordinating phone calls to get a state trooper fired.

somehow she managed to squeeze that in while being "commander in chief" of the Alaska National Guard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 11:52:47 AM »
I'm voting for McCain because I think he's a rebel who will defend our Country from Iraq.  His VP is also very pretty.

from Iraq??

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 11:53:25 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 11:54:54 AM »
RPF is being sarcastic.

that's a relief

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 11:58:50 AM »
Calmus, you need some lessons from your fellow democrats Hugo and Decker.  Your comments are often rude, emotional and half-witted.

There is logic in being concerned with her level of experience but her character and what she has done in her career is impressive.  The history of good ethics, butting heads with her own party and oil companies, and cutting government spending is very positive.  Too many lawyers in the federal government, she provides a no-nonsense, non-federal government perspective.  Being a gov is the best experience for Pres or VP.  I'm a little shaky on the # of yrs of experience she has too, but she is an exciting pick who could help with real change from good old federal bureaucracy.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »
Calmus, you need some lessons from your fellow democrats Hugo and Decker.  Your comments are often rude, emotional and half-witted.

There is logic in being concerned with her level of experience but her character and what she has done in her career is impressive.  The history of good ethics, butting heads with her own party and oil companies, and cutting government spending is very positive.  Too many lawyers in the federal government, she provides a no-nonsense, non-federal government perspective.  Being a gov is the best experience for Pres or VP.  I'm a little shaky on the # of yrs of experience she has too, but she is an exciting pick who could help with real change from good old federal bureaucracy.

for some reason I think if McCain does win we won't be hearing much from Mrs. Palin.   McCain will have her on a short leash and probably a muzzle.  Her only role is to help him get the job. Then it's back to business as usual for McBush

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 08:34:38 PM »
One side is stamped neocon approved the other is not.  There may be things you don't like about Obama, hell there may be a lot of things you don't like, but there ARE clear differences with that stamp primarily embossing one side.  For me, knowing what the neocon stamp of approval did over the last 8 years, I am fracking floored when I see people come along and say they're both the same shit.  If there's nothing else to care about, sidelining the neocons is one hell of a worthy goal.

Never said they were the same shit, just that they are both shit.  One's a radical liberal with no experience, the other's just a liberal.   I just happen to disagree more with Obama's policies than I do McCain's. 
Y

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »
Let's not get carried away.  She was a friggin sportscaster. 

So was Keith Olbermann.

Thanks. That explains a lot.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »

Do you think Obama will stare down Putin?

Serious question.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 12:10:22 AM »
Do you think Obama will stare down Putin?

Serious question.

I do - and let me tell you why...

Obama is a shrewd, cold-hearted dude.  Icing 3's.  Stepping on Hilary's neck in the primaries then snubbing her for the VP slot.  Look in his eyes.  It's scary.  Might be some bigger plans we don't know about it - but everything he's done has been cold and calculated, and it's working so far.

I believe Obama has that unique ability to take EMOTION out of things.  I think he could start a war or stop a war based upon the FACTS.  Do I think Mccain might just order bombings because he's angry?  Maybe.  Remember Bush invaded Iraq unnecessarily out of greed, revenge, or something else - but we HAD NOT exhausted every other option.

Without emotion, leaders can look Putin in the eyes and tell him to remove X from Y, or we will do Z, and mean it.  Look at Putin - he has that look too.  Cheny has it.  Bush does not.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 12:50:25 AM »
It grows....

EXPERIENCE:
She has 6 years of part-time mayor of a town of a town of 9000, and 18 months as

the governor of the smallest population state in the USA.

Obama spent seven years in the Illinois senate, two years a U.S. senator,

authoring 900 bills and co-authoring 1000.  He's also served on the senate

foreign relations committee.

EDUCATION:
She has a bachelors in journalism from a small school.

He has a Harvard law degree

Sounds like you're a bit of an elitist my friend.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 12:54:39 AM »

Sounds like you're a bit of an elitist my friend.

Nope.  I expect the BEST when it comes to the most powerful job on earth.

Neither obama not palin is BEST... but Obama is better.  If you showed those 2 resumes to an HR manager, they'd laugh you out of the room for trying to compare a journalism degree with a harvard law degree.

Not elitism - simple reality of the educational system.  If one did not outweigh the other, everyone would just get the same degree, no?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 12:56:11 AM »
Nope.  I expect the BEST when it comes to the most powerful job on earth.

Neither obama not palin is BEST... but Obama is better.  If you showed those 2 resumes to an HR manager, they'd laugh you out of the room for trying to compare a journalism degree with a harvard law degree.

Not elitism - simple reality of the educational system.  If one did not outweigh the other, everyone would just get the same degree, no?

Excellent point.

Agreed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 11:11:53 AM »

True. 

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

how can you say she is intelligent when she believes in creationism?  seriously.