Author Topic: Palin - a spoonful of sugar for the Christofascist Zombie Brigade?  (Read 2256 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Palin - a spoonful of sugar for the Christofascist Zombie Brigade?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »
But even Dobson who was McCain's biggest critic on the right was already jumping in with McCain.

07/21/2008
http://badidea.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/james-dobson-shocks-no-one-with-mccain-flip-flop/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »
But even Dobson who was McCain's biggest critic on the right was already jumping in with McCain.

07/21/2008
http://badidea.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/james-dobson-shocks-no-one-with-mccain-flip-flop/

There's plenty of "flip-flopping" going around. Bill Clinton stuck his chest out and boasted that people said the same thing about him in 1992 that they're saying about Obama now, with regards to his youth and lack of experience.

Now that Gov. Palin is in the picture (and business has picked up for the GOP), the Dems turn right around and yack about her not being experienced enough to be president, should McCain croak.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »
There's plenty of "flip-flopping" going around. Bill Clinton stuck his chest out and boasted that people said the same thing about him in 1992 that they're saying about Obama now, with regards to his youth and lack of experience.

Now that Gov. Palin is in the picture (and business has picked up for the GOP), the Dems turn right around and yack about her not being experienced enough to be president, should McCain croak.

The flip flop is not the point, not even remotely.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »
The flip flop is not the point, not even remotely.

Dobson didn't support McCain, as a lot of evangelicals didn't, because they were unsure of his committment to certain issue. That uncertainty may be all but GONE, with Palin on the ticket.

I heard a news commentator say that it's as if they almost engineered this woman, for the McCain ticket.

If the race has been neck-and-neck, despite the evangelicals/social conservatives not supporting McCain en masse, what happens now, if Palin gets those folks fired up and to the polls?

The consensus that McCain would pick his VP on Friday to try and steal some of Obama's thunder from the DNC. McCain has darn near taken ALL of it. The Dems got sucker-punched and don't know how to react, yet.

If Obama's speech at the DNC was a touchdown, this pick by McCain is the kickoff return to Obama's 2-yard line.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »
Dobson didn't support McCain, as a lot of evangelicals didn't, because they were unsure of his committment to certain issue. That uncertainty may be all but GONE, with Palin on the ticket.

I heard a news commentator say that it's as if they almost engineered this woman, for the McCain ticket.

If the race has been neck-and-neck, despite the evangelicals/social conservatives not supporting McCain en masse, what happens now, if Palin gets those folks fired up and to the polls?

The consensus that McCain would pick his VP on Friday to try and steal some of Obama's thunder from the DNC. McCain has darn near taken ALL of it. The Dems got sucker-punched and don't know how to react, yet.

If Obama's speech at the DNC was a touchdown, this pick by McCain is the kickoff return to Obama's 2-yard line.
Fact, they were bluffing to get their sugar, they got it.  They would have voted McCain anyway.  They were coming around bigtime with the level of pandering he was already doing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
Fact, they were bluffing to get their sugar, they got it.  They would have voted McCain anyway.  They were coming around bigtime with the level of pandering he was already doing.

No, they wouldn't have, something the Dems were banking on happening. They wanted voter apathy in the evangelical community, because they're the ones the Dems blamed for Bush getting re-elected.

This wasn't about "sugar", because Palin was a SHOCK to nearly everyone, a pleasant shock for the social conservatives and an not-so-plesant one for the liberals.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 01:35:19 PM »
No, they wouldn't have, something the Dems were banking on happening. They wanted voter apathy in the evangelical community, because they're the ones the Dems blamed for Bush getting re-elected.

This wasn't about "sugar", because Palin was a SHOCK to nearly everyone, a pleasant shock for the social conservatives and an not-so-plesant one for the liberals.
no, it was a bluff, period.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
no, it was a bluff, period.

Palin wasn't even on the "short list" of VP picks. The simple fact is this is a pure and utter SHOCKER that has the many conservatives thrilled and many liberals worried.

It reminds them of who the Dems DID NOT put on their ticket and angers them PUMAs.

There was no mass movement to put Palin on the ticket, because few knew who she was. The spotlight is NOW on the GOP, not Obama and the Democrats. And, they ain't happy about it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
Palin wasn't even on the "short list" of VP picks. The simple fact is this is a pure and utter SHOCKER that has the many conservatives thrilled and many liberals worried.

It reminds them of who the Dems DID NOT put on their ticket and angers them PUMAs.

There was no mass movement to put Palin on the ticket, because few knew who she was. The spotlight is NOW on the GOP, not Obama and the Democrats. And, they ain't happy about it.
Maybe you can explain this ???

Over a month ago:
McCain VP short list: Pawlenty, Powell, Romney, Lieberman, Ridge, Palin
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty
former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell
former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn
former Pennsylvania governor Tom Ridge.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2008/07/21/daily85.html?ana=from_rss

In the interview about a month ago, where she said she didn't know what the vp does, she was identified as being 3rd most probable choice by betting power intrade.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »

Sugar anyone?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »
Maybe you can explain this ???

Over a month ago:
McCain VP short list: Pawlenty, Powell, Romney, Lieberman, Ridge, Palin
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty
former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell
former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn
former Pennsylvania governor Tom Ridge.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2008/07/21/daily85.html?ana=from_rss

In the interview about a month ago, where she said she didn't know what the vp does, she was identified as being 3rd most probable choice by betting power intrade.

Key words: "OVER A MONTH AGO".

As the days went down towards McCain's pick, the consensus was it would be Romney, Pawlenty, or Ridge, with an outside chance of Lieberman.

And, you're going to suggest that you KNEW (or were highly certain) that McCain would pick Palin?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 02:15:41 PM »
Palin Pick Causes 'Elation' among Evangelical Leaders

Wow. Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is John McCain's pick for Vice-President. Folks, this is s close to a game changer as you can get.

Let me give you some instant reaction. I can tell you that The Brody File has been talking to multiple sources in the conservative Evangelical community and the reaction has been EXTREMELY POSITIVE. As a matter of fact, I am told that when conservative leaders heard the news this morning at a meeting at the Council for National Policy, one attendee told me that there is "nothing but elation. People are giddy. They are energized and they now believe that in fact this campaign has the ability to win this election."

My comments are below but first some more reaction. This from Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council:

Senator McCain made an outstanding pick from the choices that were on the table. Sarah Palin clearly addresses the issues so many conservatives are concerned about. It balances out the ticket. She's also really a checkmate for the Democratic Party because folks who were looking to make history for Barack Obama can make history by voting for John McCain in seeing the first woman elected to the vice-presidency. It was a very strategic move by John McCain.

This from one of the key Evangelical leaders out there, Mat Staver, Founder of Liberty Counsel:

"Absolutely brilliant choice. John McCain could not have chosen a better vice-presidential nominee that Gov. Palin. She is attractive, articulate, conservative, pro-family, pro-life, and pro-marriage. John McCain hit this one out of the ballpark."

cont...
http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/435468.aspx

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »

Sugar anyone?

photoshop, but she is hot.  That pick came from a site asking for people to submit photoshops of Palin.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »
oh well, I bet they do find actual pics of her dressed like that though.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »
Palin Pick Causes 'Elation' among Evangelical Leaders

Wow. Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is John McCain's pick for Vice-President. Folks, this is s close to a game changer as you can get.

Let me give you some instant reaction. I can tell you that The Brody File has been talking to multiple sources in the conservative Evangelical community and the reaction has been EXTREMELY POSITIVE. As a matter of fact, I am told that when conservative leaders heard the news this morning at a meeting at the Council for National Policy, one attendee told me that there is "nothing but elation. People are giddy. They are energized and they now believe that in fact this campaign has the ability to win this election."

My comments are below but first some more reaction. This from Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council:

Senator McCain made an outstanding pick from the choices that were on the table. Sarah Palin clearly addresses the issues so many conservatives are concerned about. It balances out the ticket. She's also really a checkmate for the Democratic Party because folks who were looking to make history for Barack Obama can make history by voting for John McCain in seeing the first woman elected to the vice-presidency. It was a very strategic move by John McCain.

This from one of the key Evangelical leaders out there, Mat Staver, Founder of Liberty Counsel:

"Absolutely brilliant choice. John McCain could not have chosen a better vice-presidential nominee that Gov. Palin. She is attractive, articulate, conservative, pro-family, pro-life, and pro-marriage. John McCain hit this one out of the ballpark."

cont...
http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/435468.aspx

That's my point. "Giddy" and "energized" evangelicals are the LAST THINGS the liberals wanted to see in this election. Remember that this is the demographic they blame for George Bush getting re-elected at John Kerry's expense in '04.

Those terms can hardly be used to describe these folks about McCain, prior to him making this pick. As someone mentioned on Fox News, it's almost as if someone engineered her in a lab for John McCain.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »
Key words: "OVER A MONTH AGO".

As the days went down towards McCain's pick, the consensus was it would be Romney, Pawlenty, or Ridge, with an outside chance of Lieberman.

And, you're going to suggest that you KNEW (or were highly certain) that McCain would pick Palin?
You're key words, "pure and utter shocker"  NOT...  Here name was being pushed by the far right, this was known.  Sorry to disapoint you.  You tried to make it sound like her name wasn't even mentioned and that's just not the case.  To be on that short of a list ONLY a month ago does not make your case for pure and utter shocker.  I guarantee they were ready with material.  Response was very fast.  Articles were released almost instantly and guys like you are saying they were scrambling.  The only thing shocking here is McCain fell for the far right's bluff and actually chose to deliver the sugar when in fact he did have them already for the most part.  So what now of the middle voters, McCain is going to have to hope that sugar holds because he's now going to have to make moves to the middle and hope Palin holds the right in place while he does it.  Very risky and IMO not needed for McCain.  This was a make or break gamble.  We'll see what happens.  If he plays it just right maybe.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »
That's my point. "Giddy" and "energized" evangelicals are the LAST THINGS the liberals wanted to see in this election. Remember that this is the demographic they blame for George Bush getting re-elected at John Kerry's expense in '04.

Those terms can hardly be used to describe these folks about McCain, prior to him making this pick. As someone mentioned on Fox News, it's almost as if someone engineered her in a lab for John McCain.
hahahahhaha... You're new to this... Giddy and Energized Evangelicals is exactly what I want to see.  I want to see a lot of it...  I want to see all kinds of psycho dribble spew from Dobbson and others about how wonderful McCain is.  That's WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!!  He has more to lose from the middle than he ever had in reality from the far right.  This is not the McCain campaign the middle will want to see and he risks losing them.  So you're wrong, this is what I want to see ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 02:32:52 PM »
hahahahhaha... You're new to this... Giddy and Energized Evangelicals is exactly what I want to see.  I want to see a lot of it...  I want to see all kinds of psycho dribble spew from Dobbson and others about how wonderful McCain is.  That's WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!!  He has more to lose from the middle than he ever had in reality from the far right.  This is not the McCain campaign the middle will want to see and he risks losing them.  So you're wrong, this is what I want to see ;)

You missed the point. McCain may lose, even with the evangelical voters in his corner; HE WILL LOSE, without the evangelical voters in his corner.

The voters in the middle are just that....IN THE MIDDLE. Some may go left; some may go right. Your assertion that, with Palin on McCain's ticket, the middle voters will automatically flock to Obama is rather groundless, to this point.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 02:35:30 PM »
You missed the point. McCain may lose, even with the evangelical voters in his corner; HE WILL LOSE, without the evangelical voters in his corner.

The voters in the middle are just that....IN THE MIDDLE. Some may go left; some may go right. Your assertion that, with Palin on McCain's ticket, the middle voters will automatically flock to Obama is rather groundless, to this point.

no, I think you missed the point.  I was right on point with my answer to you.  You said we didn't want to see it, we do want to see it and my point that McCain has more to lose from the middle than he ever in reality did from the right who would have come and were coming around to him anyway is valid to this so I didn't miss jack shit.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »

hehehe  :D

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »

Sugar anyone?

Nice photoshop.

But it does the job <reaches for another tissue>.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 03:27:04 PM »
no, I think you missed the point.  I was right on point with my answer to you.  You said we didn't want to see it, we do want to see it and my point that McCain has more to lose from the middle than he ever in reality did from the right who would have come and were coming around to him anyway is valid to this so I didn't miss jack shit.

Apparently, you did. If the right were coming around to him anyway, their reaction to his pick of Palin would NOT have been this dramatic.

Those in the middle aren't all going to automatically flock to Obama, because McCain picked Palin. So, how much he supposedly may lose from the middle has yet to be determined.

Without the evangelicals, McCain WILL NOT win this election, and the AZ senator knows that. Now that he has Palin, to help short up the social conservatives, he can put more effort in going after those undecided voters and those in the middle.

Again, you dance with what brung ya. No evangelicals, NO WHITE HOUSE for McCain.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 03:32:43 PM »
Apparently, you did. If the right were coming around to him anyway, their reaction to his pick of Palin would NOT have been this dramatic.

Those in the middle aren't all going to automatically flock to Obama, because McCain picked Palin. So, how much he supposedly may lose from the middle has yet to be determined.

Without the evangelicals, McCain WILL NOT win this election, and the AZ senator knows that. Now that he has Palin, to help short up the social conservatives, he can put more effort in going after those undecided voters and those in the middle.

Again, you dance with what brung ya. No evangelicals, NO WHITE HOUSE for McCain.
no you didn't. ::)