Author Topic: Biggest WASTE of Human Time and Life=Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.  (Read 9184 times)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Re: Biggest WASTE of Human Time and Life=Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »
Yes I have this opinion too. Unless you are participating, watching sports is a waste of time.

Unless it's the World Cup. That's different.

There are two reasons for sports, advertising and gambling. Third is mindless entertainment

I'm also like that

I wouldnt watch the Olympia if I didnt workout myself and I wouldn't watch boxing unless I participated in the sport also.
I can learn from watching but it gives me inspiration watching the best do what they do.

I've never quite understood the psyche these fat hooligan soccer players have when they rarely ever play the sport themselves, how can you appreciate something of which you have never tried or atleast played is beyond me.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »
Sport teaches social skills and breaks down barriers as well as being fun.

To say this is insane. Its liek saying I will never read a bb mag unless i am in it, or watch a film unless i am in it.

Also i call bullshit on simply turning the tv over with 8 people watching it. If you did you are an ignorant galloot and if you done that in my gym at the very least u wud be told to "fuck off you cheeky wee wanker and leave the fucking remote alone or you will have that shoved up your hole"

I am actually using laguage soeone in my gym uses.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
I'm also like that

I wouldnt watch the Olympia if I didnt workout myself and I wouldn't watch boxing unless I participated in the sport also.
I can learn from watching but it gives me inspiration watching the best do what they do.

I've never quite understood the psyche these fat hooligan soccer players have when they rarely ever play the sport themselves, how can you appreciate something of which you have never tried or atleast play is beyond me.
well hooligans dont do it for their interest in soccer, it's just a mantle for them to get into fights with other hooligans  :)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 04:13:58 PM »
Agreed.  I laugh at guys who take sports seriously.  What a waste of time.  Especially football. 

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 04:19:30 PM »
metalocalypse is shit.

As in it's "the shit", in other words GREAT?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »
Correct.

Although most are die hard football fans. E.g West ham v Millwall

Its like before and after teh football the compete to see who the best hooligans are, most feared and respected etc.

A notorious one called Cass penant from the UK is having a film made about his life. he has also released books etc

here he is with tyson

also my old school was is teh oldest catholic grammar school in north or Ireland. 175 years old. The preists organised a speaker to come to us. he was also an ex west ham hooligan turned good. Called John pridmore. Holy shit this guy is huge pics dont do him justie.

I am estimating at 6'9 and close to 400lbs easily. he has slimmed down recently though man he was enormous. We were we fuckers in my year assed about. Though sitting in the chapel in the school no one sai one peep. Spoke very well with brutal honesty...looks like the glorification and personication of violence though listening to him he just highlights teh futility of it al

West ham notorisous hooligans

John here

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »
My take on it is athletes are overpaid schmucks meant to entertain the mindless masses by playing a worthless game spurned by gross and meaningless consumerism

Agreed.

Alex23

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 04:40:47 PM »
I like when people ask me "who are you pulling for this year?" to which I reply,

"The homosexuals."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

I'm going to re-use that ;D

Alex23

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
Or I like switching the station to the History Channel at the gym when a group of mindless shouters are huddled around watching "the game".

There are 2 ways to look at it; it's an economical way to dumb down the masses, sell them irrational attires, beverages and clothing; it's also a great way to make 'em idolate on something that and the of the day is irrelevant....while they do that, the top 1% works and grabs the resources.

A book called "football for dummies" so that you don't look 'outcast' in front the "guys" at the office.

A bunch of beaners fantasizing about 'The Chargers' a group of very large black and white men, nothing to do with the average 5'6" 210lb skinny fat father of 4 who does grasses for a living.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 04:53:30 PM »
I don't know.. I make a substantial amount off $ from it. hard to see how making $ is wasting time.
DAWG

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
I am not as much into watching ffootball as i was when i was younger. I prefer to play rather than watch. I would likely not watch a football match less i thought it was gonna be a cracker...however i will alwyas try to play a fotball match if i can

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »
Adonis dont you think some would look at your 82 days, 13 hours and 2 minutes spent on Getbig is an incredible waste of time?  You have spent the time equivilent of 496 football games,  or 31 regular NFL seasons on Getbig trying to convince complete strangers how intellectualy superior you are.  

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »
I'm also like that

I've never quite understood the psyche these fat hooligan soccer players have when they rarely ever play the sport themselves, how can you appreciate something of which you have never tried or atleast played is beyond me.

By watching this post I never realised how many times I used to the word 'watching'.
I ought to proof read what I post in future

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »
Adonis, do you also think watching movies is a waste of time? 

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 05:08:43 PM »
There are 2 ways to look at it; it's an economical way to dumb down the masses, sell them irrational attires, beverages and clothing; it's also a great way to make 'em idolate on something that and the of the day is irrelevant....while they do that, the top 1% works and grabs the resources.

A book called "football for dummies" so that you don't look 'outcast' in front the "guys" at the office.

A bunch of beaners fantasizing about 'The Chargers' a group of very large black and white men, nothing to do with the average 5'6" 210lb skinny fat father of 4 who does grasses for a living.

woah! magic post count mania!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 05:19:23 PM »
you can argue that just about anything is a waste of time

what did you gain by reading a book about Martin Van Buren, adonis?

E
E

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »
people who hate sports were never any good at them.

to make themselves feel better, they say sports are stupid.

sporting events have been around for thousands of years.

the ancient greeks and romans had sporting events.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »
I'd rather play sports than watch.
I am a big baby

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »
nfl sunday ticket with superfan FTW!!!
A

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 09:50:32 PM »
I like when people ask me "who are you pulling for this year?" to which I reply,

"The homosexuals."

I see you like rooting for the home team.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 09:56:55 PM »
By watching this post I never realised how many times I used to the word 'watching'.
I ought to proof read what I post in future

lol

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 10:22:14 PM »
Televised sports in the US are built for advertisements.  Peppering the game with constant commercial breaks makes it difficult to enjoy.  If the pace of televised sports picked up - more action, less commercial breaks, less standing around - I'd be more inclined to watch.  The constant breaks in action are also to the detriment of whatever fluidity the sport may have once enjoyed, and it's hard to get into a game that they keep stopping and chopping up.  I find football particularly boring because there are only a few exciting plays per game and most of the "action" consists of the players picking themselves up and strolling back to the huddle, being in the huddle, walking to the line, lining up, then another 6 seconds of actual play if you're lucky.  Basketball is the most exciting to watch, but it has been moulded to fit the needs of advertisers too imo.

The nice thing about spectator sports is that they are very much a part of the public domain and provide an accepted, and almost expected, ice breaker and conversation topic.  "Did you catch the game last night?" is one of the few phrases a guy can use to open a conversation with any other guy in almost any situation, worldwide.  In not being a patron of these events, one runs the risk of being, at best, regarded as something of a queer fish, and at worst, of ostracisement.  Many is the time I've faced drop-jawed disbelief upon admitting that I follow neither Cricket nor footy (Aus rules), and if I confess that I find both sports as dull as a rainy Sunday afternoon in the town of Dullsville, supporters tend to react as though I had just called their first born "funny lookin'."

I don't have any problem with people enjoying sports though.  If it brings them joy, then that's all that matters.  I still roll my eyes at dreadfully unfit guys eating cheese fries in "sports bars," and there's definitely an opiate of the masses element to it all, but it's none of my business to tell them why they shouldn't be watching something they enjoy.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 10:25:40 PM »
I can't believe people actually ask you that when then answer is so obvious!

;D ;D Not bad C.
a

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2008, 10:58:56 PM »
Or I like switching the station to the History Channel at the gym when a group of mindless shouters are huddled around watching "the game".
No you don't. You'd get your sorry lil ass kicked if you lived out that fantasy.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »
No you don't. You'd get your sorry lil ass kicked if you lived out that fantasy.

haha seriously.

If TA did that in my gym someone would bitch slap him twice 1) back of his head and the other a backhand to the face.

What are people supposed to do, sit inside and read? Plenty of other hours in the day for downtime.