Author Topic: Biggest WASTE of Human Time and Life=Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.  (Read 9183 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: Biggest WASTE of Human Time and Life=Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 11:54:55 PM »
The main problem that I have with most sports is that they encourage you to perfom the same very limited set of tasks ad nauseum.  I think sports should encourage general mastery of the body, rather than focus ones attention on the score.  Some sports that I think are on the right track: gymnastics, rock climbing, weight lifting, figure skating, and free running.  Pursuits in which movement itself is valuable for only instrumental purposes I think should more properly be called games.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 12:23:51 AM »
I like when people ask me "who are you pulling for this year?" to which I reply,

"The homosexuals."
Not suprised  :-X

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2008, 12:48:53 AM »
I`ll make an exception because auto racing is different. I enjoy watching Formula 1, Le Mans, DTM, Moto GP and Rally.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2008, 12:50:25 AM »
Every time sports comes on the tv i switch the channel immediatly.

alot of olympic sports like track and field are interesting because they show the limits of the human body etc. Football dosen't do that, its just a made-up game. Some Soccer players get payed like $250,000 a week from their club alone, its fucking ridiculous.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2008, 12:59:24 AM »
meh i guess it's either you love a sport or hate it. If you do hate that certain sport you come across on your fucking direct tv then either change the fucking channel or STFU. theres like 2000 fucking channles bitch, its only competition

::)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2008, 01:10:05 AM »
I enjoy watching most sports on tv. I have played many sports, so i guess its a bigger deal to me than other people...
No doubt about it...

io856

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »
You can reduce anything to a waste of time and resources. Professional sports and sports participation seems to increase many people's quality of life so I have no problem with it. In fact in my personal opinion it is a great conversational piece and  makes life a little more exciting. I'm sure if I was into a sports team I would be thrilled to watch them play and derive some sense of satisfaction if they won. For example, when you were a kid and you barracked for a wrestler in the late great WWF. Those times sure created feelings of excitement, anticipation, hope, shock and even joy. I would imagine for some people the observation of the sporting world would create the same effect.

Life could potentially be boring for those individuals in their jobs having nothing to look forward to outside of their job sport can provide that. A world without sport would not cater to individuals who enjoy observing/participating in competition. On the other hand, I think many "sports fans" become sports fans to adhere to societal norms and be apart of groups. Is there anything wrong with this? no not really. Does the individual then actually enjoy watching the sport? that I do not know as it would involve delving deeper into the sports' fan psyche. However once again I refer to my example of the WWF where I adored these wrestlers and they entertained me to the point where I could not wait to watch them perform.

So my real question to you all is, do sports fans REALLY feel a passion for their teams/people?
or is it a societal creation whereby many people are forced into it. I do not know and do not understand.... I have never enjoyed this phenomenon of watching sport. So I do not understand it although I do respect it if there is a legitimate passion or enjoyment gained from it. Why would I receive little to no enjoyment from it yet another supposedly does? this is another question that arises from this... The only time I have ever gained enjoyment from watching sport was when I gambled on a team and it was a close game.

Please note: I have attended and watched many sports on TV in attempts to get into it. Accompanied by purchasing of merchandise and really trying to gain satisfaction from it. After all how could so many people watch this, how great is it? I want to be apart of it. etc. etc. It never felt right it never felt genuine. Any ideas? I want to replicate these feelings I had as a kid it felt so exciting and inextricably enticing each and every week. These feelings greatly enhanced my quality of life and it was never forced by society etc.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2008, 01:15:38 AM »
man,,,,Adonis just says this shit to be different from the rest of society.  Its not about what he does and doesnt like, its just so he can show the world how different he is.  Way to try so hard. 

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2008, 03:19:01 AM »
Yeah, it is far better to eat 4lbs of chicken a day, push iron everyday, get oiled up in a thong and pose for a crowd of cheering men!! :D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »
He was always picked last in gym class....I would hate sports to.
DAWG

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »
on a board filled with people who enjoy doing something that takes no talent , skill or expertise, it doesn't shock me that there are people who don't like sports.
Deep Tissue Massage

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »
I dont think that PLing bodybuilding are sports. Not even olympic lifting.

More pasttimes

Alex23

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2008, 02:07:35 AM »
Posting on bodybuilding message boards and anonymously commenting about men in speedo is a sport.

I'm not anonymous and make no comments.

thepeg

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2008, 04:43:17 AM »
biggest waste of time= posting 10,000 posts on this board dicussing such important topics as how much they bench press and how big their arms r.  discuss

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2008, 04:45:01 AM »
biggest waste of time= posting 10,000 posts on this board dicussing such important topics as how much they bench press and how big their arms r.  discuss

#More than you.

#Bigger than yours.
No doubt about it...

io856

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2008, 01:49:24 AM »
The lack of answers to my response suggests that this supposed passion is mostly contrived and culturally ingrained as opposed to true emotion.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2008, 01:55:02 AM »
The lack of answers to my response suggests that this supposed passion is mostly contrived and culturally ingrained as opposed to true emotion.

The lack of anwsers is probably because there was WAY too much shit to read.

Cliffs please...
No doubt about it...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2008, 01:55:23 AM »
or no one likes you?
A

io856

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2008, 01:56:44 AM »
or no one likes you?
You're not so popular yourself, stud.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2008, 06:28:27 AM »
Well, I for one am most certainly glad that Football season is back!  I'll watch baseball playoffs too, for one reason...RELAXATION.  I'm so fuggin tired of HGTV or QVC or whatever crap my wife is glued to most of the time.  I know she's probably tired of me watching the MMA as well.  We're probably both a little crazy from being subjected to Noggin (Nick Jr.)!  I work pretty hard and now that I have a 1 yr old, I don't get too much time to enjoy TV at all but when I do, I'd rather watch something I want.  Maybe if you ever get married and have kids, you can better understand why people like to put their mind on cruise control and zone out some.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the news and NatGeo/Discovery/Animal Planet, etc. but it's a different kind of entertainment.  Just my $.02...
i

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2008, 07:02:48 AM »
I'm sorry you were picked last because you lacked athletic skill.  Perhaps you should try being gay you seem to have all the ingredients for that.

What do you expect from someone who thinks himself clever to answer "the homosexuals" lol

I think watching/following bodybuilding and posting on the forums is a much bigger waste of time.

lol ya somehow posting on here is much more valuable.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2008, 07:07:22 AM »
man,,,,Adonis just says this shit to be different from the rest of society.  Its not about what he does and doesnt like, its just so he can show the world how different he is.  Way to try so hard. 

that and he was probably an unathletic child that sat around playing atari, sipping kool aid and eating goverment cheese ;)
irongearco.com

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »
You're not so popular yourself, stud.
::)
A

The Coach

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »
I like football, I keep up with football, but football season is just something watch and fill in until baseball season is back. But the end of baseball season means huge revenue for me and my company from offseason training.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »
I like football, I keep up with football, but football season is just something watch and fill in until baseball season is back. But the end of baseball season means huge revenue for me and my company from offseason training.
nfl is the shit :)
A