Author Topic: Explain why anybody middle class or above would vote for a Democrate.  (Read 2371 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Lets talk REAL here. None of this ambiguous "Obama-talk" BS. Tell me WHY you would vote for a liberal?

The only reason why I think anyone would do so would be:

1. They are either low class or sympathetic to the lower classes, and rely on the various social handouts that come from the endemic sense of social guilt that the left has.
2. They own nothing of real value, and are resentful of those who have gotten ahead. Their resentment fuels their desire to propagate the social redistribution of wealth. "If I don't have it, you must have cheated the poor to get it...."
3. They have some sort of personal short-coming that creats the need for a warped sense of nobility.
4. They are out of touch with reality. "My Soc 201 professor has really opened my eyes..."   ::)  Or better yet, they harbor ideas such as, "George Bush personally authorised the blowing up of the levies in New Orleans to destroy the poor", and "(Insert policy here) is a neocon conspiriacy to ruin the working poor and force us all into corporate slavery..."
5. ???

What say you??

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Explain why anybody middle class or above would vote for a Democrate.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »
straight talk-

IMO, I think the majority belief is that they feel they are voting for someone that will help others and make life better and more fair for everyone.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
Point taken.

However this 'helping' is done on the backs of others. If money and resources were free, I would probably be a little more inclined to vote lib too.

What sort of arrogance must be present to foster the mass belief that 'I believe you owe it just because you have it, and I make it my solemn duty to force you to give it under duress."?

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »
This is something I've been wondering too. There are quite a few wealthy suburbs near me that are vote almost entirely Democrat.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »
This is something I've been wondering too. There are quite a few wealthy suburbs near me that are vote almost entirely Democrat.

It may have more to do with social issues than ecomonic ones.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 05:14:50 PM »
gee i dont know.how has the middle class been doin the last 8 years......not so good.
DAWG

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 05:19:21 PM »
gee i dont know.how has the middle class been doin the last 8 years......not so good.

I consider myself in the middle class, and I've done fairly well.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
Lets talk REAL here. None of this ambiguous "Obama-talk" BS. Tell me WHY you would vote for a liberal?

The only reason why I think anyone would do so would be:

1. They are either low class or sympathetic to the lower classes, and rely on the various social handouts that come from the endemic sense of social guilt that the left has.
2. They own nothing of real value, and are resentful of those who have gotten ahead. Their resentment fuels their desire to propagate the social redistribution of wealth. "If I don't have it, you must have cheated the poor to get it...."
3. They have some sort of personal short-coming that creats the need for a warped sense of nobility.
4. They are out of touch with reality. "My Soc 201 professor has really opened my eyes..."   ::)  Or better yet, they harbor ideas such as, "George Bush personally authorised the blowing up of the levies in New Orleans to destroy the poor", and "(Insert policy here) is a neocon conspiriacy to ruin the working poor and force us all into corporate slavery..."
5. ???

What say you??
1.  Social guilt?  Soc.Sec. and Medicare are not welfare.  Do you deny that the US has a poverty strickened class of people?  Could you identify some of these handouts from the gov?  Do they included any redistributive scheme including the military, FDIC, subsidized R&D or infrastructure?
2. I don't see anyone making the jealous argument except you and the Wall Street Journal editorial page.  Politicians go where the money is at.
3.  Could you define nobility please?
4.  Going after CTs is some straw argument.  It is on par with all the rest you make though.

Which part of the democratic platform is reflected in your thread?  I don't see a damn thing.

Apparently to you, only the insane vote democratic.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 05:46:04 PM »
It may have more to do with social issues than ecomonic ones.

I agree.

People just have a different opinion about the role of government and how to help those less fortunate.

It doesn't make them any less patriotic or less American.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 06:02:50 PM »

If I remember correct and it's been posted here many times, statistics show the middle class has suffered quite a bit over the last 8.

some threads that might be of interest to the topic here.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=175202.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=196728.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=182824.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=175330.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=157419.0

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »
If I remember correct and it's been posted here many times, statistics show the middle class has suffered quite a bit over the last 8.

some threads that might be of interest to the topic here.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=175202.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=196728.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=182824.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=175330.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=157419.0

I think a lot of this depends on where you are and what line of work you're in.

I've done very well during the past 8 years. I know a lot of people (ex-military elisted and officers) that have done very well for themselves (as far as job salaries and standard of living go) in the past 8 years.

But, hey, I work in the IT sector. If I was working in a manufacturing plant I'd probably being singing a different tune and wondering why my job is going to Mexico or China.  :P

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »

iv done very well myself,and I'm middle class.but this is not about me and its not about you its about all of us as a whole.and it doesn't look good.and if you think its OK just because you or me did good.then we r defiantly fucked.
DAWG

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »
iv done very well myself,and I'm middle class.but this is not about me and its not about you its about all of us as a whole.and it doesn't look good.and if you think its OK just because you or me did good.then we r defiantly fucked.

this man is a patriot

cheers.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 10:42:28 PM »
Most that vote liberal are blissfully ignorant; like those that will do so because Obama promised them $1000 dollars to do so. (See his add attacking oil company's "windfall profits"). The rest fancy themselves intellectuals and scoff at those who actually understand economics. They are too lazy to learn the facts for themselves and find it easier to call "redneck" on anyone who disagrees.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 10:44:54 PM »
Most that vote liberal are blissfully ignorant; like those that will do so because Obama promised them $1000 dollars to do so. (See his add attacking oil company's "windfall profits"). The rest fancy themselves intellectuals and scoff at those who actually understand economics. They are too lazy to learn the facts for themselves and find it easier to call "redneck" on anyone who disagrees.

This man is a patriot

Cheers.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 10:47:23 PM »
This man is a patriot

Cheers.
And to you sir!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 11:16:03 PM »

i'm ASSuming those who vote "liberal" are doing so through extreme amounts of disapointment to the ASStablishment/bushcorp that promised us a platform of controlled spending and limited gov't. Obviously "they" were deceieved and have no problem voting soley on spite.

cheers.

::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »
wow, lol...  yup, I'm only voting for Obama to get my 1000 bucks.  I'm actually a totally blissfull ignoramus.  great call, I don't know what to say.  I just never imagined someone like you would come along and see right through me.  Yes, truly these are the words of a great patriot ::)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Explain why anybody middle class or above would vote for a Democrat.
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 12:25:11 AM »
1.  Social guilt?  Soc.Sec. and Medicare are not welfare.  Do you deny that the US has a poverty strickened class of people?  Could you identify some of these handouts from the gov?  Do they included any redistributive scheme including the military, FDIC, subsidized R&D or infrastructure?
2. I don't see anyone making the jealous argument except you and the Wall Street Journal editorial page.  Politicians go where the money is at.
3.  Could you define nobility please?
4.  Going after CTs is some straw argument.  It is on par with all the rest you make though.

Which part of the democratic platform is reflected in your thread?  I don't see a damn thing.

Apparently to you, only the insane vote democratic.

1. Ummm.... WIC? Welfare payments? Section 8??
2. If you have nothing, then you are not going to care if you lose it. If you have a 2 million dollar real estate property the estate tax is going to really piss you off. If you don't... who cares if they tax OTHERS at 55%, eh?
3. I think it makes a lot of you liberals feel all warm and fuzzy inside to feel like you are 'helping' the dregs of society.
4. Define CT. Your type is always going to attack the opposing viewpoint for having 'straw arguments'.

The ENTIRE post reflects the democrapic platform. Show me otherwise.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 12:28:43 AM »
most people vote on taxes, right?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 12:32:39 AM »
Maybe they're guilty about having money and want to give a lot of it to the government so the government can squander most of it and gave the small amount that is left to poor people. 

Here's an idea, rich people should directly give back to the community rather than going through the government and their brutal mismanagement of money.   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »
Maybe they're guilty about having money and want to give a lot of it to the government so the government can squander most of it and gave the small amount that is left to poor people. 

Here's an idea, rich people should directly give back to the community rather than going through the government and their brutal mismanagement of money.   

I agree, but if it's forced, then it is just a tax by another name....

However, if 'rich' people had the option of where the money went and how it was spent, I think that would clear up ALOT of government waste? eh?

Watch the lowlifes starve!!!!     :D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »
I agree, but if it's forced, then it is just a tax by another name....

However, if 'rich' people had the option of where the money went and how it was spent, I think that would clear up ALOT of government waste? eh?

Watch the lowlifes starve!!!!     :D
Agreed, rich people should choose to donate their money and not be forced to.  I am young and poor but someday I hope to be wealthy and I plan on giving a lot of money to charity and the needy directly. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »
Agreed, rich people should choose to donate their money and not be forced to.  I am young and poor but someday I hope to be wealthy and I plan on giving a lot of money to charity and the needy directly. 

If you're young & poor today, ...I have news for you... you better vote Democrat is you hope to be rich & wealthy
cause the Republicans will ensure you remain poor for many many many years to come.
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »
If you're young & poor today, ...I have news for you... you better vote Democrat is you hope to be rich & wealthy
cause the Republicans will ensure you remain poor for many many many years to come.

HAhahahahahahah...... yea..... If the Dems don't take 50%+ of your future check to prop up their failing social policies....