Author Topic: 39% of voters rated Palin as qualified to be VP vs 57% for Biden  (Read 1052 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
57 percent of voters rated Delaware Sen. Joe Biden as qualified
39 percent of voters rated Palin as qualified.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/30/polls-voters-doubt-palins-qualifications-while-obama-expands-lead/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 39% of voters rated Palin as qualified to be VP vs 57% for Biden
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »
57 percent of voters rated Delaware Sen. Joe Biden as qualified
39 percent of voters rated Palin as qualified.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/30/polls-voters-doubt-palins-qualifications-while-obama-expands-lead/

As the article said, most voters are unfamiliar with her. So such numbers are to be expected.

39% said she was qualified; 33% said she wasn't; and the rest are unsure/have no opinion.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »
As the article said, most voters are unfamiliar with her. So such numbers are to be expected.

39% said she was qualified; 33% said she wasn't; and the rest are unsure/have no opinion.
You have to admit that Big Mac dug about as deep as he could--I'm talking Quayle deep--for this VP choice.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
You have to admit that Big Mac dug about as deep as he could--I'm talking Quayle deep--for this VP choice.

As I said somewhere else, as far as his attempt to get the evangelical votes goes, he went for the sexy pick....LITERALLY and FIGURATIVELY

;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »
I don't care what you say, this will be a VP choice that either wins him or loses him the pres.  It is a gamble and the religious rightwing threats WERE primarily a bluff.  He IS going to have to calm the middle soon and fast or there will be a defection.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 06:37:40 PM »
I don't care what you say, this will be a VP choice that either wins him or loses him the pres.  It is a gamble and the religious rightwing threats WERE primarily a bluff.  He IS going to have to calm the middle soon and fast or there will be a defection.

How can there be a "defection" of people in the middle? They're undecided, one way or the other. They DON'T have a side from or to which to defect.

And, I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. If it wins him the election, part of the reason will be because it energized a prior-to-Friday LETHARGIC conservative Christian base. Again, McCain may win with them; but he WON'T win without them, bottom line.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 01:11:36 AM »

MCWAY,

When this poll is taken again in 4 or 5 weeks, what do you predict the numebrs will be?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 01:15:23 AM »
How can there be a "defection" of people in the middle? They're undecided, one way or the other. They DON'T have a side from or to which to defect.

And, I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. If it wins him the election, part of the reason will be because it energized a prior-to-Friday LETHARGIC conservative Christian base. Again, McCain may win with them; but he WON'T win without them, bottom line.
that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the McCain voters who are toward the middle.  Middle does not mean undecided.  undecided means undecided...