Author Topic: WOW!!!! McCain on Gustav  (Read 432 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
WOW!!!! McCain on Gustav
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:13:58 AM »
McCain told reporters: "I pledge that tomorrow night and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now. No matter what we are — Republican or Democratic — America needs us to do what all Americans have always done in times of disaster and challenge."

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: WOW!!!! McCain on Gustav
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »

I'm gonna laugh when Gustav peters out without doing any damage and the Republicans have had to cancel their coming out party.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: WOW!!!! McCain on Gustav
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
I'm gonna laugh when Gustav peters out without doing any damage and the Republicans have had to cancel their coming out party.

It's not going to peter out.  We're going to have images of Palin down there aiding victims and McCain working hard to save the day.  I actually wish their convention would have been just normal.  With this they'll be able to flip a disaster into one giant photo-op.  not cool.  These seem to be the cues right now from the republicans which will prompt the dems to be right there too.  But something tells me it'll be the dems who end up having the exploitation finger pointed at them.