Author Topic: Greatest boxer world has ever seen is set to legitimise sport again!  (Read 5278 times)

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
Re: Greatest boxer world has ever seen is set to legitimise sport again!
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 04:28:05 PM »
Did you even watch the Olympics? The scoring changed after Roy Jones JR was blatantly robbed of a gold medal in Korea. Now the scoring is based on judges sitting at ringside who hit a button every time they see a punch land using the white area of the glove. 3 of the 5 judges have to hit the button within 1 second for the punch to be scored. This leads to a piss-poor throw a jab and run style. The amateur system has really went downhill and does nothing to prepare fighters for the pro's. Professional judging as bad as it may seem at times at least has some credence with the 10 point must system.

I didn't watch the Olympics; I made a thread about how boring it all is.

The fact that Povetkin can earn a gold medal in 'fist-fencing' despite his 'doughy' body-type indicates he must be fast as hell.

His supreme speed, combined with the knockout power he's demonstrated as a professional is an unbeatable combination.

I predict that Povetkin will handily defeat all challengers.

☠ Order of Nephilim

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 04:47:58 PM »
Tyson's infamy is bigger and badder than his boxing talent;

indeed, many promoters have gotten rich pushing his street-tough "KO artist" image.

The sad thing is, once faced with real competition in the form of one Evander Holyfield,

he was exposed for being the overrated hype machine he was.

No need to mention his embarrassing loss to Buster "never-heard-of-him-prior" Douglas.

Since Tyson has not even the skill to beat a real Olympic Bronze medalist like Evander,

he doesn't deserve mention in a thread about real Olympic GOLD medalist like Povetkin.

hahhaha have u been smoking heroin again?

tyson's head has always been fucked up.... and by the time he fought evander his head wasnt in boxing anymore.... if he was a mentally normal person he would have done a lot better ...

nothing to do with skill my friend .... tyson had all the tools and he proved this a good few times

and u cannot base how good a fighter someone is by the numbers .... 4 golds and bla bla bla .... its about what he can do in the pro ring that matters..... the amateur career just gives u a rough idea how the fighter is gonna do as a pro

i hate it when people look at the personality and not the athlete and i think ur a classic case of that...

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »
hahhaha have u been smoking heroin again?

tyson's head has always been fucked up.... and by the time he fought evander his head wasnt in boxing anymore.... if he was a mentally normal person he would have done a lot better ...

nothing to do with skill my friend .... tyson had all the tools and he proved this a good few times

and u cannot base how good a fighter someone is by the numbers .... 4 golds and bla bla bla .... its about what he can do in the pro ring that matters..... the amateur career just gives u a rough idea how the fighter is gonna do as a pro

i hate it when people look at the personality and not the athlete and i think ur a classic case of that...

So you're saying Tyson was like the dumb kid in school who's teachers always told his parents at conference "he has the potential and the tools; he just doesn't apply himself" so that the parents didn't feel bad about their little waste of spooge? If that's what you're telling me, fine; otherwise, well, you're just wrong.

PS- it is YOU that is looking at the personality and not the athlete. Clearly you are another Tyson sycophant;
sucked in by the 'bad-boy' image hype machine.
☠ Order of Nephilim

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
Also, when Tyson fought Evander, "THE REAL DEAL" was already an old man past his prime.

You probably think a prime Tyson (when he beat so many "Tomato Cans") could beat old man Evander;
but that can't be proven.

The fact remains, old man Evander soundly defeated Mike Tyson TWICE,
and everyone (including you) thought Tyson was going to win back then.

But not me.

Their styles don't match up well.

Evander was a real boxer's boxer.

He's an Olympic bronze medalist.
☠ Order of Nephilim

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »

“I am waiting for you, Klitschko, you canīt hide any longer.”

met him and thompson in hamburg....

klitschko... TALL AS SHIT... looks like an actual bodybuilder...

i think klitscho owns onyones ass right now...

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 06:40:01 PM »
gay fucking music. I'm no boxing expert but the guy don't look like much to me.  He hit several of those guys really good and did not even knock them down

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
why do all getbig boxing topics end in disccusions about mike tyson

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 12:51:25 AM »
Heavy weight boxing has been shitty for the last 5 years.  What happened to these kinda fights?

It's not wonder MMA is smashing boxing in PPV buyrates. HW likes this are pretty amazing!

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 01:02:08 AM »
Tyson's prime was between 86'-88'.

Holyfield's prime was early 90's.

The difference is that Holyfield was still a good boxer and still had some of the tools that made him great.  By the mid to late 90's Tyson was a shell of his former self and was just a slugger. 

What made Tyson so incredible in his prime wasn't only his KO power, but his defense and head movement. He lost that by the early 90's.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 05:03:27 AM »
between the Ukraine and Russia is a lot of rivality, so iīd like to see the fight Klitschko vs. Povetkin. I think this fight will take place in Germany or in the US. 

P.s. with that top 80 list i canīt agree.....Undefeated/Undisputed Champ Joe Calzaghe for example is missing on that list

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 05:49:47 AM »
between the Ukraine and Russia is a lot of rivality, so iīd like to see the fight Klitschko vs. Povetkin. I think this fight will take place in Germany or in the US. 

P.s. with that top 80 list i canīt agree.....Undefeated/Undisputed Champ Joe Calzaghe for example is missing on that list
i dont know who the other guy is, but i dont think there is a human being capable of defeating klitschko right now...