Author Topic: Pollster Predicted Palin VP Pick  (Read 1013 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Pollster Predicted Palin VP Pick
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »
Well now we know at least two people predicted this pick.   :)

Pollster Predicted Palin VP Pick

Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:01 PM

David E. Johnson, CEO of Strategic Vision, LLC accurately predicted the presidential nomination of Arizona Senator John McCain in 2007 on POTUS Radio when all political experts had written McCain’s obituary.

Johnson also predicted that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin would be McCain’s running mate in March 2007.

Johnson reiterated that Palin would be the candidate following Barack Obama’s selection of Joseph Biden as his running mate. Johnson based his predictions upon polling done by Strategic Vision, LLC in key battleground states and his own political expertise of over twenty years.

“Based upon our polling in key battleground states in 2007 and early 2008, all indicators pointed to John McCain as the only plausible Republican presidential nominee,” said David E. Johnson, CEO of Strategic Vision, LLC. “Our polling showed that McCain was the second choice of the other candidate’s supporters particularly in Florida which really made McCain’s nomination possible.

Our polling in 2008 have shown that Barack Obama underperforms among female voters particularly in the states of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin that provides an opening for Senator McCain,” continued Johnson.

“Additionally, John McCain has a unique opportunity to present the future of the Republican Party in his vice presidential selection. All of this indicated a strong dedicated conservative that would be outside of the box and Sarah Palin headed that list along with her appeal to social and fiscal conservatives and her moving life story.

Strategic Vision polling in the key battleground states of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, and non-traditional battleground states such as New Jersey indicate that 25% to 35% of Hillary Clinton supporters will not vote for Barack Obama and might consider voting for John McCain based upon his running mate.

Johnson is a veteran Republican pollster and strategist. He worked on Bob Dole’s 1988 Presidential Campaign and has overseen numerous campaigns across the nation.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Pollster_Predicted_Palin_/2008/08/30/126415.html

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Pollster Predicted Palin VP Pick
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:04:25 AM »
She's a purely political choice not done in the best interest of this country.

She brings no ideas or understanding to the national scene.

She's a pretty face.

I wonder if she'll support tax cuts across the board?

Personally, I think she has as much to contribute to our country as this woman:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 10:06:46 AM »
lol.  Waaaaaa!  You guys have been crying for days.   :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »
That's b/c we still can't believe the choice.  It's so....bush league.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:10:47 AM »
She's a purely political choice not done in the best interest of this country.

She brings no ideas or understanding to the national scene.

She's a pretty face.

I wonder if she'll support tax cuts across the board?

Personally, I think she has as much to contribute to our country as this woman:

Miers is now a paid lobbyist (the figure I heard was 900k annually) for the Pakistan Peoples Party and the Embassy of Pakistan

http://news.muckety.com/2008/08/19/harriet-miers-goes-to-bat-for-pakistan/4632

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »

you are clearly delusional

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 10:14:04 AM »

Speaking of bush... I wonder if the VPILF keeps it neatly trimmed or goes Brazilian?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 10:15:02 AM »

It's because The Messiah and his parishioners were completely outsmarted.  You guys have been running around confused, babbling, practically frothing at the mouth.  Just look at the board.  lol . . .

Part of what makes these meltdowns so funny is Obama is probably the least qualified man in modern history (probably all of history) to be nominated for president.    

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
The only reactions that I've seen are:

Puzzlement:  from both Dems and Republicans who just don't get why McCain would make this choice

Mocking:  from both Dems and Republicans who just don't get why McCain would make this choice

Peeing their Pants with Delight - from Evangelical Zombies who are ecstatic to have been offered  up a token to their One Issue Agenda.

That's pretty much all I see

What are you looking at?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »

The funniest thing, is when Democrats say "this pick was so obvious" or "we have Rove's techniques laid out"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »
The funniest thing, is when Democrats say "this pick was so obvious" or "we have Rove's techniques laid out"

any person (especially Democrat) who said this pick was obvious is full of shit.

Very few people on either side of the aisle saw this coming.

The only thing that is obvious is the MOTIVATION behind the pick.   

You can easily make that determination by looking at the group that is so happy with her (hint - it's not the traditional conservative Republican base)