Author Topic: Divorce Rate following shotgun wedding as 17 year old? Any stats?  (Read 2628 times)

The Coach

Re: Divorce Rate following shotgun wedding as 17 year old? Any stats?
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 10:35:53 PM »
I was 23 and divorced at 28.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »
I was 23 and divorced at 28.

And you're happy to stand by and watch a 17 year old do the same shit.... what exactly do you people stand for?

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »
Do the same shit as what? I didn't have my one and only son until I was 34. WTF's your point? If we make a baby (which is a blessing) out of wedlock, we také responsibility and have the child, as opposed to what you stand for. Use some commonfreakingsense!

The Coach

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 10:53:02 PM »
See dude, the difference between me and you is I look at as a blessing and not a burden. I would much rather have a 17 year old admit she was pregnant out of wedlock than kill it behind the parents back.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 10:55:48 PM »
See dude, the difference between me and you is I look at as a blessing and not a burden. I would much rather have a 17 year old admit she was pregnant out of wedlock than kill it behind the parents back.

this thread is about SHOTGUN WEDDINGS, DUMBASS, not about abortions. 

She can stay single and raise that kid with her parents' help, if her GODDAMNED parents were willing to give it to her instead of running around the place racing snowmobiles and playing governor. 

But no, they're going to palm her off on another fucking KID.  WTF  is wrong with you people?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »

in your opinion are all pregnancies a blessing?

The Coach

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 11:01:45 PM »
No, the question is WTF is the matter with you people? You come on here and someones morals and put the morals in wrong place. It shouldn't be about that she got pregnant at 17, it should be her parents taught the morals to také responsility and not abort the child. Hey, I can't help it because you cannot see the positive of this. This thread IMO, shows that libs can't think.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »
CQ, this isn't an inner city kid, of course she will be taken care of, but the important thing is (and the libs fail to look at this because most think murder is ok)she is not going to abort the child. I realize thats not a big deal to you people but.......

Oh I agree it's a way better circumstance than it could be, but fact is - she's a knocked up teenager which is never ideal. Like Redhook said, the media killed Jamie Spears and they have cash and all that too.

And yes, the marriage may be dodgy. If they want to great, but I hope she is not being forced to save face for her mother. I would like to see her parents support her, her go to college and all that and only marry if they both want to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 06:34:34 AM »
her parents taught the morals to také responsility and not abort the child

Do you think it would have been better if they had taught her to abstain from sex in the first place?

That IS palin's whole sex ed platform - that abstinence is the only thing we should be teaching.

How can we believe it would work on a national scale, when she can't get it to work in her own house?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 07:07:31 AM »
Do you think it would have been better if they had taught her to abstain from sex in the first place?

That IS palin's whole sex ed platform - that abstinence is the only thing we should be teaching.

How can we believe it would work on a national scale, when she can't get it to work in her own house?

hmmmmm....

do as i say...not as i do perhaps? LOL  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
why does she have to marry the guy? Just so that her mom can act like she's still on her high horse?

Isn't it silly?  I suspect 90% of the public knows this impending marriage will not last.  They are just kids for goodness sake!  Some people say this is a private matter, but I'm inclined to disagree.  If your own family cannot live by your conservative rhetoric/rules why should you expect other people's families to live by it?  These finger waggers can't control their own families yet they want to control yours and mine.  ???  We would all be better off if people did a better job of adhering to their own supposed beliefs and stopped trying to police other people's behavior. >:(

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 08:42:58 AM »

Well, as of now ppl are supposed to commend the girl, while pretending she didn't have sex, which breaks the "core values" they set out.

As of now, ppl are supposed to pretend it's credible to have a mother of a pregnant high school teenager lecture the public on preventing teen pregnancies and profess her abstinence only way is best.

As of now, people are supposed to not comment on Palin's family reproduction, while Palin wants to pass laws impacting millions of women's reproduction.

Keep up 240 ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2008, 10:09:12 PM »
Isn't it silly?  I suspect 90% of the public knows this impending marriage will not last.  They are just kids for goodness sake!  Some people say this is a private matter, but I'm inclined to disagree.  If your own family cannot live by your conservative rhetoric/rules why should you expect other people's families to live by it?  These finger waggers can't control their own families yet they want to control yours and mine.  ???  We would all be better off if people did a better job of adhering to their own supposed beliefs and stopped trying to police other people's behavior. >:(

I have to agree with you there. I don't think that marriage stands even so much as a snowball's chance in hell.
It would be difficult enough in itself, ...but when you couple that will the harsh glare of the media spotlight...
...and the fact that Levi, the groom-to-be doesn't want kids... that's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Poor kids.  :'(

I knew a McCain presidency would bring hell to America,
but it appears his mere candidacy has brough it to two innocent Alaska teens as well.   :'(
w