Author Topic: Obama: Attacks on families are 'off limits'  (Read 1585 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama: Attacks on families are 'off limits'
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama issued this response to news of McCain running mate Gov. Sarah Palin's announcement that her teen daughter Bristol is pregnant:

"Let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits," said Obama. "This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.

"I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories," Obama continued. "My mother had me when she was 18, and how family deals with issues and teenage children -- that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who's supporting me understands that's off limits."

When a journalist followed up by referring to McCain campaign charges that liberal blogs, some even tied to Obama, were behind rumors about Palin, the Illinois senator interjected, "I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us.

"I hope I am as clear as can be, so in case I'm not, let me repeat: We don't go after people's families, we don't get them involved in the politics," Obama continued. "It's not appropriate and it's not relevant.

"Our people were not involved in any way in this and they will not be. And if I ever thought that it was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that, they'd be fired," closed Obama before departing.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Obama: Attacks on families are 'off limits'
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:58:12 PM »
One thing I'll say about Obama, the man has class.

I may not care for his policies but I like the man.

So there you have it ya bunch of rabid Obama-Bots.

The man said back off.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 04:05:08 PM »
Agreed.  Good responce by Obama.

Michelle & Cindy are different because they are actively campaigning and speaking, plus they will have duties in the white house.  We must leave the kids out of it.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:10:46 PM »

Palin should have left her kids out of it. She's made her bed, and now she can lie in it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:29:54 PM »
Typical lib douchebag......no substance, no argument, no analysis, just bullshit.
L

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »
Palin should have left her kids out of it. She's made her bed, and now she can lie in it.

Maybe you didn't get the memo but your master told you to heel.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/obama.palin/index.html

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
Calmus, she likely responded because of the smear job that was happening for the past day...the left certainly started this one by a false and inflammatory aqusation.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »

When you "electrify" the focus on the family/ religious right/ christian coalition crowd you better have your house in order.  Otherwise, you get exactly what you deserve.   ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 05:22:37 PM »
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »
Agreed!   :)

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=9542961

The man has spoken.

Non-issue.

Focus on the issues that are important: the economy, alternative energy, trade, and oh yeah the economy.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 09:53:44 PM »
The man has spoken.

Non-issue.

Focus on the issues that are important: the economy, alternative energy, trade, and oh yeah the economy.

...don't forget the integrity of the candidates as well, not to mention foreign policy.
If issues of candidate integrity leads us to a place we don't like, ...we have to face that and not run from it,
...but I believe it is possible to thoroughly examine this issue without vilifying innocent parties.

Personally, I think the Palin's have more to fear from the evangelical right than they do any left wingers.
Evangelicals have a tendency to be... oh what's the word... holier than thou, extremely judgemental hypocrits
w

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »
holier than thou, extremely judgemental hypocrits

Why do all the leftys on this board sound like your description of the Evangelicals?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »
typical obama is smart about his smear tatics...he never says anything or does anything that could be seen as overtly offensive, just has his lackies do it for him so he can say he had nothing to do with it.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
typical obama is smart about his smear tatics...he never says anything or does anything that could be seen as overtly offensive, just has his lackies do it for him so he can say he had nothing to do with it.

I guess you were still in diapers in 2004?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »
...don't forget the integrity of the candidates as well, not to mention foreign policy.
If issues of candidate integrity leads us to a place we don't like, ...we have to face that and not run from it,
...but I believe it is possible to thoroughly examine this issue without vilifying innocent parties.

Personally, I think the Palin's have more to fear from the evangelical right than they do any left wingers.
Evangelicals have a tendency to be... oh what's the word... holier than thou, extremely judgemental hypocrits

Judi, I think the extreme left is just as bad as the extreme right.

Two sides of the same coin in my opinion.

I tip my hat to Obama though. I think he's a class act.