Author Topic: Evangelicals rally behind Palin after pregnancy news  (Read 6489 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Evangelicals rally behind Palin after pregnancy news
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »
Guess you'll stop using the  ::) icon since you're humble, dude.  ::)  Actually are you saying she isn't advocating no contaceptives, no abortion, no judgment on enerbody? :)  No judgement on every woman in America.  Because she can't really judge anyone's morality?

So she isn't saying no contraceptives for anyone, she isn't saying everybody must be like she? Frack I hope not!!! :) She had to get married, so taught same for her child. Who would possibly keep their kid out of school for months so they can bunny-love their boyfriend.  My mother sure as hell wouldn't have.  And she just knew what was right. ;)

Oh no.  I'll continue my liberal use of  ::) as often as needed.  Use or nonuse of  ::) has nothing to do with humility.  That's a new one.  lol

Palin is no more advocating "judgment" by being pro life and favoring abstinence, than Obama is advocating "judgment" by advocating abortion under pretty much any circumstances and favoring giving condoms to kids.   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 10:50:36 PM »
Deedee.

That is a very pretty eye.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 10:53:37 PM »
Oh no.  I'll continue my liberal use of  ::) as often as needed.  Use or nonuse of  ::) has nothing to do with humility.  That's a new one.  lol

Palin is no more advocating "judgment" by being pro life and favoring abstinence, than Obama is advocating "judgment" by advocating abortion under pretty much any circumstances and favoring giving condoms to kids.   

Well you have no idea what humility is, otherwise you would prob censor yourself at least a few times.   ;)

Nope the woman is telling everybody how to act, very much unlike her small town sinning self, and people are just laughing. Plse go on though...  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »
Deedee.

The white of it is pretty clear wouldn't you say?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »
Deedee.

pssst. I'll tell you what I did later to make it so white  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
Well you have no idea what humility is, otherwise you would prob censor yourself at least a few times.   ;)

Nope the woman is telling everybody how to act, very much unlike her small town sinning self, and people are just laughing. Plse go on though...  :)

lol.  Talk about judgmental.  lol.  You have no earthly idea whether I have "no idea what humility is."  You can be funny sometimes.  :)

How is Palin "sinning"?  

I take it you think politicians who are pro choice and favor giving condoms to kids are not "telling everybody how to act"?  

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
The white of it is pretty clear wouldn't you say?

Must've drank some grape juice or something. Everytime I drink grape juice, the whites of my eyes get real clear, ...unlike their usual bloodshot look.  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 11:35:41 PM »

I  have to say I'm truly baffled by this choice. I understand that Mccain wanted to attract the female vote away from Obama's camp despite hilary's endorsement of Obama, ...but can it be so simple? I'm saddened.

When you look at previous candidates like Geraldine Ferrarro or Elizabeth Dole, ...this is the best Mccain could do?

It's almost as if they're looking to set the feminist cause back more than a few decades.

To go from a Hilary Clinton as possible Presidential candidate to a Sarah Palin?  ???

Or is Mccain so desperate for press coverage for his campaign that he will do anything?  ???

w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 05:43:55 AM »
Palin is the anti-woman.

As a woman I was excited when I first read his VP pick [didn't know her] and now am horrified.

Her maniacal view on reproduction, I mean really, I thought equal rights was us being more than baby machines :-\

Another perception - one I did not think of. My stepdaugher [who is US citizen, 1st year old enough to vote] and a couple of her mates are on fire now, when prior they didn't give a rats ass about politics. As a young girl herself, she is horrified the girls mom ran knowing the press would eat her alive. She knows I would walk through fire for her, not ever put her in it. So they will get off their ass and vote now, when prior their only idea of voting was texting in the American Idol winner ::)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 04:20:02 PM »
that's like giving an orthodox jew or muslim credit for not eating pork.

they have no choice in the matter otherwise they are hypocrites (I'm talking about the anti-abortion people).

I don't give people credit for not being a hypocrite

We'll just agree to disagree then.

I give people credit for sticking to their guns when their  backs are against the wall.

I don't know how an orthodox jew not eating pork is like not getting an abortion when you're 17.

That is unless a durka has a gun pointed to his head and is trying to force him to eat it.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »
This doesn't bode well for the Bush agenda of dismantling the constitution then, ...that sounds Anti-American
...and McCain wants to continue more of the same.  ???

Stay on target, Red Five.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »
Palin is the anti-woman.

As a woman I was excited when I first read his VP pick [didn't know her] and now am horrified.

Her maniacal view on reproduction, I mean really, I thought equal rights was us being more than baby machines :-\

Another perception - one I did not think of. My stepdaugher [who is US citizen, 1st year old enough to vote] and a couple of her mates are on fire now, when prior they didn't give a rats ass about politics. As a young girl herself, she is horrified the girls mom ran knowing the press would eat her alive. She knows I would walk through fire for her, not ever put her in it. So they will get off their ass and vote now, when prior their only idea of voting was texting in the American Idol winner ::)

Huh?

Explain please. How is being pro-life anti-woman?

That's like saying those who are pro-choice are anti-baby.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »
Huh?

Explain please. How is being pro-life anti-woman?

That's like saying those who are pro-choice are anti-baby.

Well, I was having a flair for the dramatic with that term actually ;D

It's not the anti-abortion thing, although nice if a 12 yr olds dad rapes her, Palin wants her to have the baby who could possibly have defects as well. It's the contraception issues and other things about her policies. No sex ed. Her subjecting her teen to media crap with this choice, most moms seek to protect. The strange flying around in labour then going back to work 72 hrs after having a baby. Being an avid killer of animals. Wearing fur. Ex-beauty pageant which I could care less about but many women feel is "objectifying", they picket pageants and crap at times. Lots of little things like that...just not the type of female to draw the female vote really was my opinion more.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »
Well, I was having a flair for the dramatic with that term actually ;D

It's not the anti-abortion thing, although nice if a 12 yr olds dad rapes her, Palin wants her to have the baby who could possibly have defects as well. It's the contraception issues and other things about her policies. No sex ed. Her subjecting her teen to media crap with this choice, most moms seek to protect. The strange flying around in labour then going back to work 72 hrs after having a baby. Being an avid killer of animals. Wearing fur. Ex-beauty pageant which I could care less about but many women feel is "objectifying", they picket pageants and crap at times. Lots of little things like that...just not the type of female to draw the female vote really was my opinion more.

The baby is innocent. Murder, IMO, is never an option.

Unfortunately anyone that runs for public office is subjecting their family to media scrutiny. It shouldn't be that way. Obama has already spoken and said that family and children are off-limits. Too bad his rabid Obama-Bots won't listen.

She is a hunter and fisherman. That does NOT make her a "killer of animals." Hunters and fisherman eat what they kill and catch.

She wears fur. So what? So does Jag. Does that make her an animal killer by proxy? Do you wear any leather products?

What did you compete in CQ? Body building, fitness, or physique competitions? How is that different from traditional beauty contests?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2008, 06:32:12 PM »
The baby is innocent. Murder, IMO, is never an option.

Unfortunately anyone that runs for public office is subjecting their family to media scrutiny. It shouldn't be that way. Obama has already spoken and said that family and children are off-limits. Too bad his rabid Obama-Bots won't listen.

She is a hunter and fisherman. That does NOT make her a "killer of animals." Hunters and fisherman eat what they kill and catch.

She wears fur. So what? So does Jag. Does that make her an animal killer by proxy? Do you wear any leather products?

What did you compete in CQ? Body building, fitness, or physique competitions? How is that different from traditional beauty contests?

I'm not running for VP, and tossing myself into the limelight, so I am not at play here.

I am reffering to what could be a general perception by some women, not my opinions, read around, already reports from women/mothers not being happy.

I already said beauty contests are fine by me, but fact remains some women protest them, literally with signs etc.

Whichever way that is phrased, she kills animals and generally speaking, women are less avid about that. Statistically I assume more men hunt then women [?]

I don't think the "news" coming out [whether true or not from the Enquirer] that she wanted the kid to drop out of school, marry the boy next week, and kid refused will help her win the female vote. Many moms will cringe at that. Same way ppl still think Obama is Muslim, that will stick.

Perception is reality. She simply isn't the best option for the female vote imo. I'd bet his numbers will continue to drop with women.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »
I'm not running for VP, and tossing myself into the limelight, so I am not at play here.

I am reffering to what could be a general perception by some women, not my opinions, read around, already reports from women/mothers not being happy.

I already said beauty contests are fine by me, but fact remains some women protest them, literally with signs etc.

Whichever way that is phrased, she kills animals and generally speaking, women are less avid about that. Statistically I assume more men hunt then women [?]

I don't think the "news" coming out [whether true or not from the Enquirer] that she wanted the kid to drop out of school, marry the boy next week, and kid refused will help her win the female vote. Many moms will cringe at that. Same way ppl still think Obama is Muslim, that will stick.

Perception is reality. She simply isn't the best option for the female vote imo. I'd bet his numbers will continue to drop with women.

We'll see come November.

It will be interesting to see how far the extreme left will go to try to destroy this woman and her family. I'm also interested to see how far the extreme right will go to close ranks around her.

I think they're both willing to anything and everything to win the White House.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »
We'll see come November.

It will be interesting to see how far the extreme left will go to try to destroy this woman and her family. I'm also interested to see how far the extreme right will go to close ranks around her.

I think they're both willing to anything and everything to win the White House.

Honestly, I think her zealot views will hurt her most. She will do it to herself. I would feel so sympathic towards her, if she wasn't busy trying to ban Alaskan 17yr old girls from getting contraception. She thinks you are old enough to marry and be a mom per her kid, but not have sex? And wants us to leave her kids sex life alone, while she pokes in everyone elses.

The left didn't make her kid pregnant while she preaches abstinence, make her only leave USA once, make her have 2 business discrepencies, make her go to a church where the pastor preaches lunatic things, make her say oil pipelines are god's wishes etc. The list is endless.

Same way the right didn't make Obama go to Wrights church and all that.

We all do what we do, and choose it. Granted the media tears the ass out of it, but with nothing to tear they have a harder time.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »
Honestly, I think her zealot views will hurt her most. She will do it to herself. I would feel so sympathic towards her, if she wasn't busy trying to ban Alaskan 17yr old girls from getting contraception. She thinks you are old enough to marry and be a mom per her kid, but not have sex? And wants us to leave her kids sex life alone, while she pokes in everyone elses.

The left didn't make her kid pregnant while she preaches abstinence, make her only leave USA once, make her have 2 business discrepencies, make her go to a church where the pastor preaches lunatic things, make her say oil pipelines are god's wishes etc. The list is endless.

Same way the right didn't make Obama go to Wrights church and all that.

We all do what we do, and choose it. Granted the media tears the ass out of it, but with nothing to tear they have a harder time.

Now she's a zealot?

I'm not a religious person but I don't want my son or daughter's school giving them condoms. Does that make me a zealot too?

Sex education is something I, not schools, should teach my children. Educating students on the reproductive system is one thing. Sex education is something else entirely. They've been teaching sex education for decades now and we still have a problem with teenage pregnancies and single mothers.

I haven't heard Palin telling anyone not to have sex. Don't confuse teaching abstinence with being "told" what do to do. Being a (true) conservative means letting people make their own educated choices and holding them accountable for them (good and bad). I tell my children that I want them to wait until marriage before having a sexual relationship (even though I didn't). It's what I want for them but I know damn well they'll do what they want. Afterall, it's what free people do.

In the end the whole pregnancy thing is still a non-issue. Hell, Obama even said as much.

There are more important things to debate.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »
Now she's a zealot?

I'm not a religious person but I don't want my son or daughter's school giving them condoms. Does that make me a zealot too?

Sex education is something I, not schools, should teach my children. Educating students on the reproductive system is one thing. Sex education is something else entirely. They've been teaching sex education for decades now and we still have a problem with teenage pregnancies and single mothers.

I haven't heard Palin telling anyone not to have sex. Don't confuse teaching abstinence with being "told" what do to do. Being a (true) conservative means letting people make their own educated choices and holding them accountable for them (good and bad). I tell my children that I want them to wait until marriage before having a sexual relationship (even though I didn't). It's what I want for them but I know damn well they'll do what they want. Afterall, it's what free people do.

In the end the whole pregnancy thing is still a non-issue. Hell, Obama even said as much.

Again, it's the attempts to restrict access to contraception for some that is my issue. And in 2008 - yeah, many would say that is a zealot.

I like you don't want my kid giving condoms at school. I'm not keen on that at all personally either.

She wanted to not have it in her home, now her kid is pregnant. Fine her business. But when she wants to not allow other females the right to contraception that is not her business. I don't mean handed out in schools to 14 yrs olds all tacky, I mean voluntary private access to the pill from doctors.

Like you said, it is our choice as parents, not for her to make what your and my daughters can do.If her kids sex life and procreation is not our business, surely our kids is not hers either.

I personally would prefer my daughter wait till marriage also. I would also prefer to be a billionaire. I would prefer to look like Halle Berry. Doubt I will get them all 8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »
Again, it's the attempts to restrict access to contraception for some that is my issue. And in 2008 - yeah, many would say that is a zealot.

I like you don't want my kid giving condoms at school. I'm not keen on that at all personally either.

She wanted to not have it in her home, now her kid is pregnant. Fine her business. But when she wants to not allow other females the right to contraception that is not her business. I don't mean handed out in schools to 14 yrs olds all tacky, I mean voluntary private access to the pill from doctors.

Like you said, it is our choice as parents, not for her to make what your and my daughters can do.If her kids sex life and procreation is not our business, surely our kids is not hers either.

I personally would prefer my daughter wait till marriage also. I would also prefer to be a billionaire. I would prefer to look like Halle Berry. Doubt I will get them all 8)

Since when do teenagers have a "right" to condoms? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 01:02:35 AM »
Now she's a zealot?

Oh Puleaze! Your kid is 7 yrs old.  I wouldn't want to see a 7yr old with a condom either.
Cripes... that's one mean water balloon waiting to happen don'tcha think?  ;D

Big difference between a 7 yr od getting a condm than a 17 yr. old.  HUGE difference!

Then opt your kid OUT of sex education then, ...but the fact remains that kids are going to do what they're going to do. And not ALL parents educate their children, and if educating them means they do what they're going to do in a safer, more responsible way, ...then more power to them.

Don't confuse teaching abstinence with a pragmatic solution to the challenge of teen pregnancy

Only in the sense that most Democrats don't get worked into a frenzy frothing at the mouth over these things.
it's the evangelical right that get's rabid about a teen fornicating, and getting pregnant. Quite the hypocritical about face for them.

Ya, like the 100 years of war some candidates have in store for everyone, ...or their non-existent, impractical plans for solving our dependence on imported oil, or their myopic policies that worsen the debt, cripple the economy, and fertilize terrorrists. But they can't get elected discussing these trainwrecks, ...so they name an even bigger trainwreck as a running mate.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 01:04:02 AM »
Since when do teenagers have a "right" to condoms? 

Wow, ...we surrrrre do live in different countries in more than just name only!
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 01:12:59 AM »
Wow, ...we surrrrre do live in different countries in more than just name only!

Duh. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 04:05:40 AM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 04:35:29 AM »

And she's poking into other kids' sex life HOW?

But, the left is talking out of both sides of their mouth. As I said, it doesn't matter which kind of sex education was advanced, the girl didn't heed it. If Palin backed "comprehensive sex education" and her daughter got knocked up anyway, NOBODY ON THE LEFT would be talking about worthless and ineffective "comprehensive sex education" is or demand that it stopped being funded.