Author Topic: NY Times: McCain re-vetting Palin???  (Read 2242 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
NY Times: McCain re-vetting Palin???
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »
Note: There are still no signs that her nomination is in jeopardy.  She will officially be nominated on Thursday.  Why McCain would send up a team NOW?  It's very odd

Aides to Mr. McCain said they had a team on the ground in Alaska now to look more thoroughly into Ms. Palin’s background. A Republican with ties to the campaign said the team assigned to vet Ms. Palin in Alaska had not arrived there until Thursday, a day before Mr. McCain stunned the political world with his vice-presidential choice. The campaign was still calling Republican operatives as late as Sunday night asking them to go to Alaska to deal with the unexpected candidacy of Ms. Palin.

Although the McCain campaign said that Mr. McCain had known about Bristol Palin’s pregnancy before he asked her mother to join him on the ticket and that he did not consider it disqualifying, top aides were vague on Monday about how and when he had learned of the pregnancy, and from whom.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/us/politics/02vetting.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: NY Times: McCain re-vetting Palin???
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
She's a walking disaster, but he can't dump her off, will look worse.

What is this for then? To fish out more bad stuff to do pre-damage control?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »
She's a walking disaster, but he can't dump her off, will look worse.

What is this for then? To fish out more bad stuff to do pre-damage control?

Appears to be.  :-\
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:37:18 PM »
If this is any indication I just can't help but think what an absolute cluster fuck a McCain administration would be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »
???

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »
If this is any indication I just can't help but think what an absolute cluster fuck a McCain administration would be.

Just when you thought the nightmare of the Bush years was coming to an end...   ;D

He appears to be living proof that no matter how bad you think it is, ...it can always get worse.  
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 06:42:19 AM »
NBC Mitchell: GOP Lawyers in Alaska for "Deeper Vet"

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 06:54:23 AM »
Wow, basically because her daughter is pregnant people are putting her through the ringing this bad?  No wonder why good people stay out of politics with all the salavating attack dogs.  So far we don't have anything to suggest Sarah lied about anything.  lots of wild speculation.  2 legit points so far:
1. She has executive state experience, but is it enough to nominate her for VP
2. She is the mother of 5 children, does she need more time with her 3 younger kids.

We've learned that her husband is the main caretaker at home so I think its ok.  No optimal, but acceptible.  Man, people are dragging her through the mud...worse than Biden for sure.  Most of the criticizm is personal/family!  I understand political vetting but this is horrible.

Personally, I would have liked to see Romney as VP but I think he will have a major position in the administration.  Romney may be a choice for 2012.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 06:59:53 AM »
Dang, how many Palin threads do we have here, over 21 in just a few days?   She really got people's attention.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 07:02:02 AM »
A choice we should avoid, I do totally agree.  

I'd be cool with Romney overseeing something like a new healthcare (payments) administration.

---------

As for Palin, I don't agree with her or her party using this situation as political capital. 

Likewise, I don't want it spun against her either.

BUT, if people feel that she needs to spend more time being a mom and less time politicking, then I'm not going to tell them they're wrong.  It's a completely legitimate position.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 07:06:06 AM »
She is the mother of 5 children, does she need more time with her 3 younger kids.

And then teen mom one, that girl needs her mother. As of now, she is pregnant and has lost time with her mom and had press all up her and her friend's backs. That is so uncool.

That is the breaks though right or wrong. Whichever way Obama's wife has to deal with racist nuts wanting to off her hubby so secret service crawling at record rates. That is what pols families go through - and I think why so many great people do not go into it but stay in private work?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:07:41 AM »
Loco, its because some of the left wingers on the board keep starting separate threads to criticize her.

Yes Tre, I agree.  There are legit criticizms as some here have posted (I agree CQ, its an issue but I suppose a personal decision between her and her husband).  People should focus on those instead of personal attacks and wild gutter speculation.  I listened to Juan Williams last night and I think he hit the nail on the head (basically said something similar).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:59 AM »