Author Topic: Rev. Wright/wrong Strikes Again  (Read 723 times)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
Rev. Wright/wrong Strikes Again
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »
~Keep running your big mouth and your "boy" can kiss the presidency bye-bye!  Arrogant and stupid just like his boy.
Doesn't really matter what he says, as long as he keeps himself in the news. Good job Rev!!  Keep up the good work.

TOLEDO, Ohio -
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's fiery ex-pastor, re-emerged yesterday with a crude reference about race and sex in the White House.

"This ordinary boy [Obama] just might be the first president in the history of the United States to have a black woman sleeping at 1600 Pennsylvania legally," Wright said, referring to Michelle Obama, in a sermon at the Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church in Houston.

It was unclear whether Wright was making a reference to prostitution, to old miscegenation laws, or to the history of illicit interracial sex under slavery.

Wright's remarks yesterday were full of praise for Obama - although several times, he referred to Obama as a "boy" who later developed into an extraordinary person, through God's work and, presumably, Wright's guidance.

"The lord turned the ordinary into the extraordinary. Y'all just saw it this past week. It was on national television," Wright said to applause.

"An ordinary black boy raised in a single-parent home . . . walked into my office 20 years ago to talk about his dream for a community that concentrated on things that we could achieve in common."

As Obama's longtime minister, Wright married Barack and Michelle, and the couple worshiped at Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago until Wright's controversial sermons became public knowledge during the campaign.

Wright gave an over-the-top press conference that ultimately prompted Obama to leave the church this spring, after Wright blamed the United States for concocting the HIV virus and railed against US imperialism.

Wright also accused Obama of posturing in his criticism of Wright's sermons, saying, "If Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected. Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls."

Obama said afterward that he was "outraged by the comments that were made and saddened by the spectacle that we saw."

In recent weeks, Obama has worshipped at various churches in towns on his campaign schedule, as he did at a Lutheran church in Lima, Ohio, yesterday.

In sermons that caused the initial uproar when they emerged on video, Wright blamed the United States for the 9/11 attacks and boomed, "God damn America."
W

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Rev. Wright/wrong Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:43:20 AM »
Wright is such a narcissistic idiot.  he just can't keep his big mouth shut.  I think he's just too outspoken to help himself even though comments that he makes may leak to the mainstream and hurt Barack.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:03:11 AM »
Wright is such a narcissistic idiot.  he just can't keep his big mouth shut.  I think he's just too outspoken to help himself even though comments that he makes may leak to the mainstream and hurt Barack.

Anyone still listening to him is generally considered an idiot.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:04:35 AM »
Good.

Actually, I don't think it hurts Barack nearly as much anymore.  Most of us realize he is a fringe character.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:14:15 AM »
Just the fact the he won’t go away is bad news for Barry.  Regardless of what Rev. Wrong says, when an article is wrote about his current statement there is always a mention of his previous comments. 

I bet Barry cringes every time that dope goes out in public.
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 07:15:26 AM »
Obama disowned him, called him a loon.

Hey, did Obama ever join a radical group calling for Alaska to secede from the USA?

Cause I know someone who did...

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:22 AM »
Obama disowned him, called him a loon.

Hey, did Obama ever join a radical group calling for Alaska to secede from the USA?

Cause I know someone who did...

Good way to advertise your threads.  Do you get $$ if we click on it??
W

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 07:21:33 AM »
I think he almost wants to damage Barack, seriously. I swear he does it deliberatly.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 07:36:38 AM »
I think he almost wants to damage Barack, seriously. I swear he does it deliberatly.

I can agree with that totally.  But maybe not for the reasons you think.

IMO, I think Rev. Wrong’s entire theology would be demolished if Barry wins the presidency.  From just the bits and pieces I've heard about this Black Liberation Theology it’s all about suppression.  What this group or that group of people has done to you; complaining that everything wrong in their world/community is someone else’s fault.  You will never be anything because these people are holding you down.

How damaging to the Rev. would that be if a “black” man was the most powerful person in the world??  His sermons would look a little thin. 

So yes, I believe on a certain level the Rev. could be popping his gums about his “boy” on purpose. 

IMO
W

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 07:38:10 AM »
I'm with you on that MM, great layout of it.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 07:42:26 AM »
Good point MM.

240, you just love stirring the pot...your one of the worst on the board for that.  Please keep threads separate.