Author Topic: Romney said he WILL NOT serve in a McCain administration, bashes Palin  (Read 1514 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
MCNBC 10:45 AM Morning Joe mentioned this.

Romney to aides: I'm very upset about the VP selection.

"This was very harmful to the republican brand - which is competent mgmt and national security.  Palin brings neither.  You're degrading the one thing that repubs had going for them.  Palin is a disasterous pick"

No link yet... but if top republican Romney is openly hating on Palin like this, it's a pretty big story.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Romney said he WILL NOT serve in a McCain administration, bashes Palin
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:53:16 AM »
OMG.

That will be a hit to the GOP no matter how they spin in.

I think Romney would have been a fab pick for prez, fantastic with the economy, 5 very successful kids who all dropped everything and campaigned for him showing what type of father he must be, how he turned the Olympics around and donated all his pay as well, right age, he even looks the part to a tee.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »
We need a link 240.  This is big news if true.  (paricularly since he was my pick for president after Ron Paul).

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
We need a link 240.  This is big news if true.  (paricularly since he was my pick for president after Ron Paul).

Agree, I am googling as we speak...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:05:19 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/08/31/politics/fromtheroad/entry4401954.shtml

Click on that link.  240, stay off the damn gutter liberal blogs.  Unless you find something of substance, you are cluttering the board with lies and deception.  Very poor.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:07:33 AM »
Yes, I found another link saying the opposite basically. He toed the party line and talks about Palin and the pregnancy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:07:46 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/08/31/politics/fromtheroad/entry4401954.shtml

Click on that link.  240, stay off the damn gutter liberal blogs.  Unless you find something of substance, you are cluttering the board with lies and deception.  Very poor.

All I did was repeat - word for word - what NBC said at 10;45 AM.

I'll youtube Morning Joe once I can find it.  I was typing as fast as they said it.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 08:10:44 AM »
Maybe this is something he whispered and got overhead? It's rational to think he feels that way, he was by far the better choice so may be offended, no matter what he says publically.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 08:15:22 AM »
Maybe this is something he whispered and got overhead? It's rational to think he feels that way, he was by far the better choice so may be offended, no matter what he says publically.

NBC reported a senior romney aid gave it to NBC.  If it's true - it's pretty damn big.  If it's not, then some aide is in big trobule?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:33 AM »
I would think Romney feels pretty snubbed.  But he wouldn't have gotten the same *pop* that Palin has received as a VP selection. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 08:50:04 AM »
We'll, I suppose we'll learn if this statement has any creedence.  For now, it doesn't since he appeared at a rally supporting Palin 2 days ago.

I see Romney as a real potential for 2012.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
OMG.

That will be a hit to the GOP no matter how they spin in.

I think Romney would have been a fab pick for prez, fantastic with the economy, 5 very successful kids who all dropped everything and campaigned for him showing what type of father he must be, how he turned the Olympics around and donated all his pay as well, right age, he even looks the part to a tee.

Ditto.  I don't agree with his ideology but I respect his record.  I'd like to hear more of what he has to say on Palin.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »
We'll, I suppose we'll learn if this statement has any creedence.  For now, it doesn't since he appeared at a rally supporting Palin 2 days ago.

I see Romney as a real potential for 2012.

The GOP don't feel confident they can win this year (rightfully so). 

You risk damaging the Romney brand by running as a loser this year.  Better to save him 'til 2012, by which time the Mormon PR machine will have had more time to work its magic.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 12:55:59 AM »

"This was very harmful to the republican brand - which is competent mgmt and national security.  Palin brings neither.  You're degrading the one thing that repubs had going for them.  Palin is a disasterous pick"

No link yet... but if top republican Romney is openly hating on Palin like this, it's a pretty big story.

Dude do you ever tell the truth?  Sheesh. 

Romney 'Not Disappointed' at Missing McCain Ticket

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 5:00 PM

Mitt Romney said Tuesday he was "not disappointed at all" at being passed over for the Republican vice presidential nomination, but also said he wouldn't be interested in a Cabinet post in a McCain administration.

"I wish I were the Republican presidential nominee," Romney said before addressing Massachusetts delegates to the Republican National Convention. "That's what I fought hard for, but you know, John McCain won fair and square. I salute him for that, congratulate him for that."

Romney, widely believed to have been on the short list for a McCain running mate, said he assumed the eventual pick, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, had been well-vetted, despite this week's revelations.

"I think Sarah Palin connects very, very well with the base of our party and with individuals who are undecided across the country," Romney said. "I think she's going to bring a lot of moms and dads to our team. I think she's going to strengthen the McCain ticket dramatically."

As for taking a Cabinet role, which along with an ambassadorship is often a consolation prize a president offers his former rivals, Romney flatly said no. Romney ran both for governor and president like his father, former Michigan Gov. George Romney, who later went to serve as Housing secretary in the Nixon administration.

"I saw my Dad serve in the Cabinet, and I learned something from that experience. He felt he was kind of soldiered by the young folks in the White House and then there's the big bureaucracy that you try and move. It's hard to do that. I just don't have any interest in a Cabinet position," Romney said.

Instead, Romney said, "I want to work from the outside of the administration, fighting for the values and the views that I think are essential to keep our country strong right now."

Romney is expected to address the convention Wednesday night.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/romney_mccain_vp/2008/09/02/127082.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 03:53:17 AM »
Dude do you ever tell the truth?  Sheesh. 

Dude, I've so gone out of my way not to start shit with you.

You post a retraction to the original aide statement as the truth.  Great.  Story comes out at 10 AM on tuesday, and this retraction is out 7 hours later, with romney kissing mccin's ass.  Do you not see it as romney covering his act?

The way you assign press releases as fact because it makes you feel better, very odd.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 08:24:45 AM »
Dude, I've so gone out of my way not to start shit with you.

You post a retraction to the original aide statement as the truth.  Great.  Story comes out at 10 AM on tuesday, and this retraction is out 7 hours later, with romney kissing mccin's ass.  Do you not see it as romney covering his act?

The way you assign press releases as fact because it makes you feel better, very odd.

I think I understand.  To be blunt, you're a pathological liar.  I didn't post a retraction.  You posted a made-up Romney quote.  I posted Romney's actual quotes.  Get with the program and stop spreading propaganda. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
I think I understand.  To be blunt, you're a pathological liar.  I didn't post a retraction.  You posted a made-up Romney quote.  I posted Romney's actual quotes.  Get with the program and stop spreading propaganda. 

You posted his response to the MSNBC morning news break.

I posted that

You psoted the response which Camp Romney posted laster.  Of course they're going to say that.