Author Topic: QUESTIONS for my :) deluded :) Conservative friends.  (Read 7234 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: QUESTIONS for my :) deluded :) Conservative friends.
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »
I still wish somebody would answer these as laid out.  :-\

Already did.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »
Already did.
You failed to answer the "why" part which is most integral.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 09:48:01 AM »
Why don't you FIRST define what conservative means.
It is totally open-ended in that each Conservative has their own ideals and heros which is based on their own interpretation of the Zeitgeist.

Its an experiment to see whom they consider conservative and an insight to how they interpret the Zeitgeist as well as how they order their heros.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 10:02:04 AM »
Ronald Reagan.

Most are all show no go!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »
It is totally open-ended in that each Conservative has their own ideals and heros which is based on their own interpretation of the Zeitgeist.

Its an experiment to see whom they consider conservative and an insight to how they interpret the Zeitgeist as well as how they order their heros.
Ow, my brain hurts. Your question is so subjective as to be amorphous, and thus any given answer is as 'good' as the next- ie. I could rank Donald Duck ahead of Margaret Thatcher, and while my argument (sanity?) for doing so may be questioned, it would be pedagogically sound! 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2008, 10:47:37 AM »
Ow, my brain hurts. Your question is so subjective as to be amorphous, and thus any given answer is as 'good' as the next- ie. I could rank Donald Duck ahead of Margaret Thatcher, and while my argument (sanity?) for doing so may be questioned, it would be pedagogically sound! 
Exactly!

That was my backroom intention.  To see where people would place their icons and how their view is fashioned and why.  Then we can gain a greater understanding of where they place their self-worth psychologically.

As for Donald Duck, I suspect he is more liberal and less of a traditionalist as he always let Huey,Dewey and Louie pretty much do what they want and did not care to shelter them too much.  He also had an open relationship with Daisy and was somewhat carefree in those respects.  He also may have been bisexual as evidenced by the constant wearing of a sailor suit and no pants.  Hard to peg him as a Liberal for sure but it seems to be leaning towards that school of character.

However, I think we can all agree that ShipWreck from GI Joe fame is in fact a flamer and could be classified now what is known as a Log-Cabin Republican. Note the Sailor Uniform, Penchant for Sea-Faring tattoos, Not overly defined, but big muscles and the beard and an intense love for his country at all costs.  Clear MuscleBear-like qualities and a suprisingly soft voice comparatively.  He also has a colorful pet parrot which knows all the names of his favorite male friends. Also, His choice of weapon and method of capture involves bondage with his rope and enjoys in tying the proverbial sailor knots.

These two Icons are unique in that they both are sailors but both have possibly different ideologies which is clearly based on many factors.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »