Author Topic: 1000 people show up for Ron Paul book signing  (Read 404 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
1000 people show up for Ron Paul book signing
« on: September 02, 2008, 04:20:49 PM »
ROSEVILLE, Minn. — Digital cameras flashed, cell phone videocameras rolled and fans yelled "I love you."

Texas congressman and failed Republican presidential contender Ron Paul is a superstar at last.

At least, it seemed that way at the Rosedale Center mall Borders book store, where nearly a thousand fans seeking his autograph on The Revolution: A Manifesto waited in a line that snaked down to Macy's, more than a football field away.

"Are you kidding? Ron Paul has done so much for this country. What I've done is something so little compared to what he's done," said Tony Sotelo, 32, a postal worker from Ventura, Calif., who drove three days with his older brother Sean Sotelo to hit what's being called the "Ron Paul convention."

Paul's "Rally for the Republic" directly competes with the Republican National Convention and has benefited from its truncated schedule.

The Paul convention ignored the storm and pressed on with the book-signing and a Sunday night delegate welcome reception. A Monday night Ron Paul Nation Celebration was expected to draw a few thousand, including hundreds of GOP convention delegates with more time on their hands than they expected.

Paul's Rally for the Republic winds up today with nearly 10,000 expected for a 10-hour event at the Target Center featuring Barry Goldwater Jr., former Gov. Jesse Ventura, pundit Tucker Carlson and musician Jimmy Vaughan

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: 1000 people show up for Ron Paul book signing
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:14:44 PM »
After watching the Rally today, I just can't say enough good things about Ron Paul, and Jessie Ventura.

Men who care about our Country.
S